Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Most Overrated/ Underrated Albums/Bands Ever

Cynic

It was just a joke...

may want to work on your sarcasm there, bud. your usage of emoticons can make a lot of difference as to how other people would interpret the serious, or in this case, non-serious, levels of your posts.

-I think I'm the only one that finds Linkin Park overrated.

Naw, I think they are overrated as well.

I also think Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, and Korn are way too overrated.

• Brohoof 1

Everybody prepare for my Megadeth rant!!

When I was but a wee lad, I was basically a "METALLICA FUCK YEAH!" type of guy (not so profane, though ;) ) So anyway, one day this guy told me to look up "Tornado of Souls" and "Holy Wars/The Punishment Due" by Megadeth. I listened to them, and my young guy mind was like... blown away. Everything was so fast yet technically precise, virtuosic.

Personally with bands, I prefer to start from the beginning of the group rather than be one of those "new" guys who only knows the latest single, or the most famous song from the newest albums. So I went and got "Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good!". That album was great. Though not as "tight" as what I heard off Rust In Peace, I loved it, nonetheless. For some reason, I liked Dave's voice, and how it sounded with the treble-heavy guitars.

Going off my joy of Killing Is My Business, I listened to "So Far..." and "RIP" and "Peace Sells". To me, it seemed that these albums kept on getting better and better!! Under this impression, I got Countdown to Extinction. In comparison to the others, it sucked. I mean, listen to something off RIP, then listen to Countdown. It sucks!! I also tried to listen to Youthanasia, but... well all I can say is *facehoof*.

So all megadeth, countdown and up, is overrated.

Everybody prepare for my Megadeth rant!!

When I was but a wee lad, I was basically a "METALLICA FUCK YEAH!" type of guy (not so profane, though ;) ) So anyway, one day this guy told me to look up "Tornado of Souls" and "Holy Wars/The Punishment Due" by Megadeth. I listened to them, and my young guy mind was like... blown away. Everything was so fast yet technically precise, virtuosic.

Personally with bands, I prefer to start from the beginning of the group rather than be one of those "new" guys who only knows the latest single, or the most famous song from the newest albums. So I went and got "Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good!". That album was great. Though not as "tight" as what I heard off Rust In Peace, I loved it, nonetheless. For some reason, I liked Dave's voice, and how it sounded with the treble-heavy guitars.

Going off my joy of Killing Is My Business, I listened to "So Far..." and "RIP" and "Peace Sells". To me, it seemed that these albums kept on getting better and better!! Under this impression, I got Countdown to Extinction. In comparison to the others, it sucked. I mean, listen to something off RIP, then listen to Countdown. It sucks!! I also tried to listen to Youthanasia, but... well all I can say is *facehoof*.

So all megadeth, countdown and up, is overrated.

I kind of have to disagree with you on that one. I mean, I love Rust In Peace as much as I do Countdown To Extinction. Granted, CTE isn't a thrash album, but I'll tell you what it is: a very solid heavy metal album, that still clearly had the Megadeth sound to it.

Youthenasia...I love the guitar tuning on that album. It's so dark and mysterious, while also remaining lighthearted. I think that's an incredibly underrated album.

Awww... But Within You Without You and She's Leaving Home are amazing songs.

Actually, I posted that primarily because I figured someone would eventually.

Goddammit, I need to take this forum more seriously. lol

Overrated Album - Leviathan by Mastodon

Reason It's Overrated - I don't understand why everyone raves about Leviathan. Far from being Mastodon's best album, it's actually not even that good. It's a rather mediocre progressive metal/sludge metal album that's only popular because Blood And Thunder was featured in Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Blood And Thunder, I Am Ahab and Seabeast are great tracks, but the rest of the album is rather mediocre. It definitely isn't their best album, Crack The Skye trumps it in almost every way possible. One could argue Mastodon themselves are overrated, and I might be tended to agree if Blood Mountain, Remission, Crack The Skye and The Hunter weren't such great albums. However, I will give Leviathan this: It is a pretty technical album, and the time signatures used are rather unconventional and hard to pull off.(well). Plus, the production is top notch, especially for 2004.

Salem. One of my favorite groups, I'd consider them pretty underrated, but some hipsters might disagree with me. But, fuck them.

Witch House/ChoppedNScrewed is pretty sick stuff IMO.