Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One thing I've noticed in the Russian promotional

TheAnimatorOfficial

Who knows. This movie is some big stuff for the makers and Hasbro, I bet they'll upgrade the art style of the movie, adding hand drawn environments and upgrading the flash for our beloved horses

• Brohoof 1

Who knows. This movie is some big stuff for the makers and Hasbro, I bet they'll upgrade the art style of the movie, adding hand drawn environments and upgrading the flash for our beloved horses

I heard it's ToonBoom. It will be technologically hand drawn. Think Princess and the Frog.

I heard it's ToonBoom. It will be technologically hand drawn. Think Princess and the Frog.

Assuming it's not a rumor, it sounds fantastic, PatF had a beautiful art style and animation, I'm sure our horses will benefit from it. I know Faust wanted different designs for ponies, but due that would complicate the animation, they've decided for the same basic design for ponies. I doubt they'll do it, but I hope they don't follow that vision now that flash is not an obstacle for it :huh:. OK who knows if they make subtle difference between the Mane6, like one being slightly bigger or something ^_^  

Assuming it's not a rumor, it sounds fantastic, PatF had a beautiful art style and animation, I'm sure our horses will benefit from it. I know Faust wanted different designs for ponies, but due that would complicate the animation, they've decided for the same basic design for ponies. I doubt they'll do it, but I hope they don't follow that vision now that flash is not an obstacle for it :huh:. OK who knows if they make subtle difference between the Mane6, like one being slightly bigger or something ^_^

I'd imagine the same design except with slightly more cartoony movements and detail in the shading and wings.

• Brohoof 2

I'd imagine the same design except with slightly more cartoony movements and detail in the shading and wings.

Yeah, that too, makes little sense to change the design after 7 years (by the time the movie comes out). But surely allows more room for improving the design 

The backgrounds look flat out gorgeous. They look almost like a painting. I really hope it stays this way for the film itself.

Where did you see the promo, tho?

I missed it on EQD...

It was the first day of May or so I believe

Yes, but then the EQD's staff was asked to remove the materials from the site.

I tried to find the promo online, but I only found a couple of fake vids and gave up eventually.

Seeing how the movie is going to have a much larger budget than the television show, something like this is inevitable.

I am expecting a pretty good jump in animation quality for the film.