Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Dinner with the King (RP)

4HFan

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/152554-dinner-with-the-king-ooc/

You are relaxing at your house in the Crystal Empire when you receive a letter closed with the King's seal in red wax, you open it with dread, it's an invitation to join King Sombra for dinner this evening.

What do you do?-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Flash Lightning read the invitation and felt a sense of dread wash over him.

"I have to eat dinner with Him? *gulp* This is going to be... Difficult. But hey, look at the bright side Flash, you didn't have much time left anyway."

He walks into his bathroom and fixes his mane.

He chuckled, "Well, when you go to meet God you want to look nice."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@

Copper opened the letter given to him while he was vacationing in the Crystal Empire.  Dinner?  With the king?  Normally it was an honor, but this, he feared, would be torture, given what he learned from sources of the king himself.  He sighed, he guessed he had to get it over with, and he hoped it wouldn't be bad.

He had combed his mane, put on a vest and tie, and went outside of his house, waiting for a carriage to pick him up.  He had to make himself presentable for dinner with the king, after all.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 1

"Ahh, nothing better than kicking back and letting you wings rest after a day of training."

Flamestreak cooed, stretching his back on the comfy, leathery, and absolutely lovely brown couch in his living room. 8 hours of non-stop flight and exercise had left his body, mainly his wings, sore. the Pegasus grimaced at even the slightest of touches on his already sensitive wings. Finally, being able relax them was heaven on Equestria.

The feeling wouldn't last long, however, as a knock came from his front door. Groaning, Flame got off his haunches and headed to the source of the noise. Upon opening his door he looked down to see a plain white letter with a blood red seal in the center. Flame picked up the message, eyeing it curiously before riping open letter.

"Invitation? To a dinner with King sombra? That doesn't sound very..... Nice. "

He closed his door and went back into his house, once inside he sat down in his kitchen. Trying to gauge what he just read.

"Whatever, He can't be THAT mean right? Nothing to worry, besides it's just dinner. *sigh* Ok I guess I should go wash up or something"

20 minutes later Flame hopped out his shower, going into the bathroom washing his teeth, combing his hair, a basic routine. He quickly flew outside ready for his dinner with sombra

• Brohoof 2

@

Copper opened the letter given to him while he was vacationing in the Crystal Empire.  Dinner?  With the king?  Normally it was an honor, but this, he feared, would be torture, given what he learned from sources of the king himself.  He sighed, he guessed he had to get it over with, and he hoped it wouldn't be bad.

He had combed his mane, put on a vest and tie, and went outside of his house, waiting for a carriage to pick him up.  He had to make himself presentable for dinner with the king, after all.

A carriage pulled up in front of his house with a slightly impatient driver waiting on it.

"Ahh, nothing better than kicking back and letting you wings rest after a day of training."

Flamestreak cooed, stretching his back on the comfy, leathery, and absolutely lovely brown couch in his living room. 8 hours of non-stop flight and exercise had left his body, mainly his wings, sore. the Pegasus grimaced at even the slightest of touches on his already sensitive wings. Finally, being able relax them was heaven on Equestria.

The feeling wouldn't last long, however, as a knock came from his front door. Groaning, Flame got off his haunches and headed to the source of the noise. Upon opening his door he looked down to see a plain white letter with a blood red seal in the center. Flame picked up the message, eyeing it curiously before riping open letter.

"Invitation? To a dinner with King sombra? That doesn't sound very..... Nice. "

He closed his door and went back into his house, once inside he sat down in his kitchen. Trying to gauge what he just read.

"Whatever, He can't be THAT mean right? Nothing to worry, besides it's just dinner. *sigh* Ok I guess I should go wash up or something"

20 minutes later Flame hopped out his shower, going into the bathroom washing his teeth, combing his hair, a basic routine. He quickly flew outside ready for his dinner with sombra

A carriage also arrived at Flamestreak's house, and it was beautiful. Made out of the finest of woods, with intricate carvings on it, the driver motioned through the window for him to get in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another similar carriage arrived at Flash's house, the driver waiting expectantly.

• Brohoof 2

@

Copper trotted up to the carriage and went on it.  He cricked his neck, thinking he was ready for what's to come.  He looked at the driver and nodded at him, motioning for him to go on to the castle.  "I'll pay you for your time after we reach the castle."  he said to the driver.

• Brohoof 1

@

Copper trotted up to the carriage and went on it.  He cricked his neck, thinking he was ready for what's to come.  He looked at the driver and nodded at him, motioning for him to go on to the castle.  "I'll pay you for your time after we reach the castle."  he said to the driver.

"I'm afraid that won't be necessary, I've already been paid by the King to come here and pick you up."

He gave copper a sad look.

"I wish you the best of luck."

And then they were off at a steady pace towards the castle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flash went outside and got into the carriage, not speaking a word.

• Brohoof 2

@

Copper nodded in understanding of his driver.  "All right, then.  It's normally how I thank ponies like you."

He made himself comfortable before the carriage moved, then nodded to the driver.  "Thank you.  I'll every bit of it. to survive."  He looked around the Crystal Empire for one last time before reaching the castle.

• Brohoof 1

@

Copper nodded in understanding of his driver.  "All right, then.  It's normally how I thank ponies like you."

He made himself comfortable before the carriage moved, then nodded to the driver.  "Thank you.  I'll every bit of it. to survive."  He looked around the Crystal Empire for one last time before reaching the castle.

Once he arrived he was shown into a room with a few luxurious looking chairs and a soft red carpet on the floor.

A pony with a suit on walked into the room and said.

"Please wait here for the other guests to arrive."

At that moment Flash walked into the room and sat down on one of the chairs with a mixed expression of happiness and sadness on his face.

• Brohoof 2

A carriage also arrived at Flamestreak's house, and it was beautiful. Made out of the finest of woods, with intricate carvings on it, the driver motioned through the window for him to get in.

".....wow" Was all Flamestreak could muster staring at the elegant piece of machinery, he's mouth went agape. Who knew King sombra of all ponies had such luxurious tastes.

"Maybe sombra actually likes me?" The pondered trotting slowly toward the beaut wondering if it was possible he might have fallen asleep on the couch unknowingly. He quickly reached the cart, opening the door and giving a quick nod to the driver.

"So..... I'm guessing I have to pay you know?"

• Brohoof 2

@

Copper nodded at the pony who told him what to do, and took his seat from one of the available chairs.  He then closed his eyes for a moment, then adjusted his tie, knowing he needed to be as presentable as possible for the king's dinner.  He didn't know what to expect from this, but he wanted to be sure he was ready.

• Brohoof 1

".....wow" Was all Flamestreak could muster staring at the elegant piece of machinery, he's mouth went agape. Who knew King sombra of all ponies had such luxurious tastes.

"Maybe sombra actually likes me?" The pondered trotting slowly toward the beaut wondering if it was possible he might have fallen asleep on the couch unknowingly. He quickly reached the cart, opening the door and giving a quick nod to the driver.

"So..... I'm guessing I have to pay you know?"

"Nope, King Sombra has already paid me, all you have to do is get in and... *gulp* Eat dinner with the king. I'm truly sorry, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Good luck."

Then they were off, towards the very dark and imposing castle, a feeling of dread hanging in the air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Brohoof 2

"Nope, King Sombra has already paid me, all you have to do is get in and... *gulp* Eat dinner with the king. I'm truly sorry, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Good luck."

Then they were off, towards the very dark and imposing castle, a feeling of dread hanging in the air.

"Oh...... Wait what do you mean?" Streak gulped,

the drivers sense of nervousness and worry instantly reflected on to the stallion. Wasn't Sombra nice? I mean he ordered Flame's cart ride to his palace instead of forcing him to walk or fly there. Beside the ride looked..... Absolutely amazing, so there couldn't be any ill will between him and sombra....... Right?

"May I ask why you say that?"

• Brohoof 2

"Oh...... Wait what do you mean?" Streak gulped,

the drivers sense of nervousness and worry instantly reflected on to the stallion. Wasn't Sombra nice? I mean he ordered Flame's cart ride to his palace instead of forcing him to walk or fly there. Beside the ride looked..... Absolutely amazing, so there couldn't be any ill will between him and sombra....... Right?

"May I ask why you say that?"

"Haven't you heard? Out of every group of six guests the king invites, only one ever returns. No one except the survivor ever knows what happens in there, and they're usually too... Damaged... To ever speak to anyone again. And most of the time the survivor will commit suicide. It's truly a horrible fate to be presented with."

Then they arrived.

"It was nice meeting you, and I wish you the best of luck."

With that, he drove away. A servant of King Sombra's in a suit and tie led Flame into a room with a few beautiful chairs a a soft red carpet lining the floor. There were two other ponies in the room. A grey Pegasus with a yellow and blue mane, and a blue earth pony with a darker blue mane that was very spikey, both of which were sitting down on one of the chairs.

• Brohoof 2

"Haven't you heard? Out of every group of six guests the king invites, only one ever returns. No one except the survivor ever knows what happens in there, and they're usually too... Damaged... To ever speak to anyone again. And most of the time the survivor will commit suicide. It's truly a horrible fate to be presented with."

Then they arrived.6

"It was nice meeting you, and I wish you the best of luck."

With that, he drove away. A servant of King Sombra's in a suit and tie led Flame into a room with a few beautiful chairs a a soft red carpet lining the floor. There were two other ponies in the room. A grey Pegasus with a yellow and blue mane, and a blue earth pony with a darker blue mane that was very spikey, both of which were sitting down on one of the chairs.

".....I knew I should've stayed in cloudsdale *sigh* whatever I'm here now. "

With that last bit of dialogue, Flame walked toward the table. Inside the palace one would never be able to know that an evil dictator owned this beautiful haven. Everything was in sight was expertly polished, not one single speck of dust or grime touched palace.

The decor was beautiful, with most of the display made out of gold or crystal. Even a small little garden was fit inside, Flame couldn't think of a better place to take his last breaths.

After he was done gawking at the scenery, Flame followed the well dressed stallion into a room. The was just magnificent as the rest of the place, a single large table took most of the space with it was a legion of chairs sat perfectly place around the table. A few ponies had already sat down before him, of the ponies one was a steel Grey Pegasus. He didn't look to ordinary his mane was a nice combination gold and cobalt which Flanestreak appreciated very much. The other was an all light blue earth who liked he never met a comb in his life, his "mane" if you want to call it that, stuck out all over the place and even looked a but sharp.

Flame sat himself down in between the two stallions.

"So.....um hey everyone."

• Brohoof 2

@

Copper nodded at the pony who told him what to do, and took his seat from one of the available chairs.  He then closed his eyes for a moment, then adjusted his tie, knowing he needed to be as presentable as possible for the king's dinner.  He didn't know what to expect from this, but he wanted to be sure he was ready.

".....I knew I should've stayed in cloudsdale *sigh* whatever I'm here now. "

With that last bit of dialogue, Flame walked toward the table. Inside the palace one would never be able to know that an evil dictator owned this beautiful haven. Everything was in sight was expertly polished, not one single speck of dust or grime touched palace.

The decor was beautiful, with most of the display made out of gold or crystal. Even a small little garden was fit inside, Flame couldn't think of a better place to take his last breaths.

After he was done gawking at the scenery, Flame followed the well dressed stallion into a room. The was just magnificent as the rest of the place, a single large table took most of the space with it was a legion of chairs sat perfectly place around the table. A few ponies had already sat down before him, of the ponies one was a steel Grey Pegasus. He didn't look to ordinary his mane was a nice combination gold and cobalt which Flanestreak appreciated very much. The other was an all light blue earth who liked he never met a comb in his life, his "mane" if you want to call it that, stuck out all over the place and even looked a but sharp.

Flame sat himself down in between the two stallions.

"So.....um hey everyone."

Flash looked up at the newcomer, "Oh, hello, I'm Flash, it's nice to meet you."

He seemed incredibly depressed, then, he spoke, though it appeared to no one in particular.

"I should have known he'd eventually choose me, he took my mother first. Life hasn't been the same without her... But my life was coming up to its end anyway, the doctors can't seem to do anything to stop it. So I'll be able to spend my last moments enjoying myself, and after this... Hell... Is over, I'll be able to see her again..."

He remained silent after that.

• Brohoof 2

@, Seeing the letter cresent reread it too many times for him to count. He sniffed the leter, and tested it for its authenticity. It seemed ligit, which brought a wave of fear, sorrow, and anger over the batpony. Of all the days it had to be this one, the day after he brought home an actual dinner with his friends over the night before after a long hard day in the mines.  

He didn't realize he was shaking by the time he took a final look at himself in his bathroom mirror, scraped up from the work of last night skinny then most batponys should be and a red mane that despritly needed a comb. "well, cres....take a picture...."

He started the water in the sink washing his face then looking at the mirror. "cant keep him waiting" and with that he made his way towards the door stopping at a small picture of his mare friend and him. One of the few secret ones they were abel to make, purple coat with blue mane and wings. the two of them bitting each other romantic like. It was a war not to ball then and their for him, he kissed the photo.

"I might see you soon dark" he said wipping the tears from his eyes.

He breathed out and opened the door......   

• Brohoof 1

@, Seeing the letter cresent reread it too many times for him to count. He sniffed the leter, and tested it for its authenticity. It seemed ligit, which brought a wave of fear, sorrow, and anger over the batpony. Of all the days it had to be this one, the day after he brought home an actual dinner with his friends over the night before after a long hard day in the mines.  

He didn't realize he was shaking by the time he took a final look at himself in his bathroom mirror, scraped up from the work of last night skinny then most batponys should be and a red mane that despritly needed a comb. "well, cres....take a picture...."

He started the water in the sink washing his face then looking at the mirror. "cant keep him waiting" and with that he made his way towards the door stopping at a small picture of his mare friend and him. One of the few secret ones they were abel to make, purple coat with blue mane and wings. the two of them bitting each other romantic like. It was a war not to ball then and their for him, he kissed the photo.

"I might see you soon dark" he said wipping the tears from his eyes.

He breathed out and opened the door......

There was already a carriage waiting outside Cresent's house, the driver looked at Cresent with sympathy in his gaze.

"I'm terribly sorry you have to go through this, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. So, best of luck. You're going to need it." The driver spoke as if he had seen this many times before, which he probably had.

• Brohoof 3

@@,

Copper looked over to see some ponies made it to the dinner as well.  He nodded to them as they sat down on their seats.  His ears drooped when Flash said that his mother was lost in the dinner.  "I'm so sorry to hear that, Flash.  I bet she's proud of whatever you accomplished in your life.  Name's Copper Strikes, by the way.  Nice to meet you both."

@, Cresent just nodded silently at the driver as he got into the carriage, his words were a kind parting gift among many other looks and comments from other ponys as they made there way to the gian castel cresent dreamed of going into but never had the chance. He looked at the structure as intimidating as it was it was still a pretty sight he had to admit as they got closer.

"I hope you...sleep well......tonight...cant be...easy" he said in turn trying to comfort the driver and swallow the fact of his death could happen tonight. How anypony could do this and not go off the deep end always made cresent wonder, maybe he would find the answer tonight.....

• Brohoof 1

@, Cresent just nodded silently at the driver as he got into the carriage, his words were a kind parting gift among many other looks and comments from other ponys as they made there way to the gian castel cresent dreamed of going into but never had the chance. He looked at the structure as intimidating as it was it was still a pretty sight he had to admit as they got closer.

"I hope you...sleep well......tonight...cant be...easy" he said in turn trying to comfort the driver and swallow the fact of his death could happen tonight. How anypony could do this and not go off the deep end always made cresent wonder, maybe he would find the answer tonight.....

The driver nodded and after a short time, they arrived at the castle. After stepping out of the carriage, Cresent was led inside by a sharply dressed stallion, to a beautiful room with one long and elegant table, with three chairs on opposite sides, and one larger chair at one end. There were already a few ponies seated, a steel grey Pegasus with a golden mane that had a dark blue streak in it, he was looking rather depressed. There was a blue earth pony who had a mane slightly darker than the rest of him. And lastly there was another Pegasus, he had a dark red coat of fur with an orange mane that had yellow streaks in it.

@@,

Copper looked over to see some ponies made it to the dinner as well.  He nodded to them as they sat down on their seats.  His ears drooped when Flash said that his mother was lost in the dinner.  "I'm so sorry to hear that, Flash.  I bet she's proud of whatever you accomplished in your life.  Name's Copper Strikes, by the way.  Nice to meet you both."

Flash nodded at Copper, "Thank you for the kind words, I bet she would be proud of me too."

• Brohoof 1

The driver nodded and after a short time, they arrived at the castle. After stepping out of the carriage, Cresent was led inside by a sharply dressed stallion, to a beautiful room with one long and elegant table, with three chairs on opposite sides, and one larger chair at one end. There were already a few ponies seated, a steel grey Pegasus with a golden mane that had a dark blue streak in it, he was looking rather depressed. There was a blue earth pony who had a mane slightly darker than the rest of him. And lastly there was another Pegasus, he had a dark red coat of fur with an orange mane that had yellow streaks in it.

Flash nodded at Copper, "Thank you for the kind words, I bet she would be proud of me too."

The bat pony breathed out seeing the other ponys at the table he needed to keep it together for theses ponys in case there was an opening of some sort. He nodded at them as he took his seat looking around the place some more. It had to be said "the king dose know how to make the place fancy" he said. He couldn't tell if the others could hear the fear in his voice or not but it was thier.
  • Brohoof 1

The bat pony breathed out seeing the other ponys at the table he needed to keep it together for theses ponys in case there was an opening of some sort. He nodded at them as he took his seat looking around the place some more. It had to be said "the king dose know how to make the place fancy" he said. He couldn't tell if the others could hear the fear in his voice or not but it was thier.

Flash noticed the fear in the Bat pony's voice,

"I see I'm not the only one who knows what goes on here, heh, I welcome the chance to dine with royalty. And after this all ends, I wil finally be at peace."

He looked over at the recent arrival, "My name is Flash, it's nice to meet you. And yes, he really does know how what he's doing when it comes to interior decorating."

• Brohoof 2

Flash noticed the fear in the Bat pony's voice,

"I see I'm not the only one who knows what goes on here, heh, I welcome the chance to dine with royalty. And after this all ends, I wil finally be at peace."

He looked over at the recent arrival, "My name is Flash, it's nice to meet you. And yes, he really does know how what he's doing when it comes to interior decorating."

Cresent was taken aback by Flash's cheerfulness of it all. " being at peace is a luxury more then this, names Cresent" the bat pony said. He wondered if he lived could he rally the others over this dinner

He hoped the king couldn't detect such thoughts. He shook his head trying to come up with a plan of sorts but nothing came up. Aside from the agro mentioned king was absent still. " he must be still waiting on the rest" Cresent thought out loud.

• Brohoof 1

It was early evening when the grey pegasus heard the knock at the door. She was starting to finally wake up, she had a few charts to finish up before sending them to the Canterlot University's Astrology Department. Since she had gotten them done she figured she thought she could get a bit more sleep than usual. 

Her rump was in the air and her head under her pillow, blankets all disheveled. The knocking continued and at a more frantic pace. She still didn't understand what was going on. The knocking was so loud and angry sounding it finally hit her. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming...." She sat up and ruffled her feathers, and ran her hoof through her mane. Once again the furious banging on her door. 

"OKAY!" She shouted, "I'M COMING! Hold your horses!"

She made her way down the stairs of the observatory and to the front door. She opened it and was greeted with a very sweaty and somewhat angry looking pony. Shoving a letter in her face her ears went back and she crouched a bit, so she didn't have to be right in the gaze of him. She quietly opened the letter reading it silently. 

What... dinner with him? Why would I be invited... This makes no sense. 

She looked back up to the angry pony and noticed that he was pointing to a carriage and he was beginning to snort.

"Oh.. me? In there? Now?" She asked... mainly to herself.

The pony stomped his hoof and reached in behind her grabbing her doorknob and scooting her out into the garden.

"Well, okay, you didn't have to be so brash, I was going." She slunk down to the ground to avoid any more contact with him and made her way to the carriage.

As the pony drove through the city she just thought about the dinner and how it was going to go. This was a huge deal and she was just so confused as to why she was being invited. They finally arrived and the driver turned and gave her a glare that could frighten more softhearted ponies. But not Stardust.. no, she was fearless.

"Thank you..." She got out of the carriage and watched as he sped away and now the front of the castle was in her view. With a large gulp she started to make her way to the doors. 

Inside there were a few other ponies. Looking around they were all somewhat dressed up, and she still had a mess of a mane and horrible morning breath...

"Well.... I guess I will just not talk too much... at least until dinner starts..."  She looked in one of the very large mirrors that were hanging around the large entry room. Trying to make her mane as presentable as she could. 

• Brohoof 1

It was early evening when the grey pegasus heard the knock at the door. She was starting to finally wake up, she had a few charts to finish up before sending them to the Canterlot University's Astrology Department. Since she had gotten them done she figured she thought she could get a bit more sleep than usual. 

Her rump was in the air and her head under her pillow, blankets all disheveled. The knocking continued and at a more frantic pace. She still didn't understand what was going on. The knocking was so loud and angry sounding it finally hit her. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming...." She sat up and ruffled her feathers, and ran her hoof through her mane. Once again the furious banging on her door. 

"OKAY!" She shouted, "I'M COMING! Hold your horses!"

She made her way down the stairs of the observatory and to the front door. She opened it and was greeted with a very sweaty and somewhat angry looking pony. Shoving a letter in her face her ears went back and she crouched a bit, so she didn't have to be right in the gaze of him. She quietly opened the letter reading it silently. 

What... dinner with him? Why would I be invited... This makes no sense. 

She looked back up to the angry pony and noticed that he was pointing to a carriage and he was beginning to snort.

"Oh.. me? In there? Now?" She asked... mainly to herself.

The pony stomped his hoof and reached in behind her grabbing her doorknob and scooting her out into the garden.

"Well, okay, you didn't have to be so brash, I was going." She slunk down to the ground to avoid any more contact with him and made her way to the carriage.

As the pony drove through the city she just thought about the dinner and how it was going to go. This was a huge deal and she was just so confused as to why she was being invited. They finally arrived and the driver turned and gave her a glare that could frighten more softhearted ponies. But not Stardust.. no, she was fearless.

"Thank you..." She got out of the carriage and watched as he sped away and now the front of the castle was in her view. With a large gulp she started to make her way to the doors. 

Inside there were a few other ponies. Looking around they were all somewhat dressed up, and she still had a mess of a mane and horrible morning breath...

"Well.... I guess I will just not talk too much... at least until dinner starts..."  She looked in one of the very large mirrors that were hanging around the large entry room. Trying to make her mane as presentable as she could. 

Flash saw the disheveled Pegasus trotted into the room, then look into a mirror to straighten out her mane.

'Just another random pony forced to take part in this torture, I understand how all of them must feel. Confused, scared, that was how I felt when my mother never came home.' He thought as he approached the newcomer.

"Hello," he said, trying now to hide his depression. "I don't know why he invited so many pegasi, it's just a bit odd. Don't you think?"

• Brohoof 2