Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Breakfast for dinner

Venomous

Ever had breakfast for dinner? If you have, what do you usually eat?

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I make a ham and cheese omelette.

:yuck: I dislike both ham and omelettes 

As for the OP question, no, I usually never have breakfast for dinner. I'm all boring and ol' fashioned and like normal dinners for my diner I guess. Eating breakfast stuff at night and at the wrong time of the day just doesn't seem right to me.

Our family used to have bacon and eggs (with fried onion, toast and fried tomato) for dinner sometimes. It actually used to be a Sunday morning thing, so I'm not sure at what point (or why) it changed from breakfast to dinner, but that's what I remember.

Pretty odd, but whadda ya gonna do, amirite?

Haha no rather I would have dinner for breakfast as I dont really have breakfast. Yet I mean other then the occasional egg on toast and some beans rarely do I have breakfast for dinner.

Usually just regular toast if I'm not that hungry or can't really be bothered to cook dinner.

Due to my weird nocturnal sleeping patterns, I've also had dinner for breakfast. Nothing beats having a chicken curry for breakfast at 8 in the morning. :P

I have normal breakfast, but my lunch and dinner are swapped sometimes. If I stay up during the night, I eat dinner before lunch. :scoots:

Seitan bacon and eggs.  Sure, I might not be a vegan but I do like the seitan bacon, they're a lot more filling than pork bacon is.  I also like having pancakes or waffles when I actually clean the waffle maker.

I am opposed to the whole idea of specific foods being tied to specific meals/times of day.  What makes a ham and cheese omelette breakfast, but pizza is lunch or dinner?  You can't tell me it's because the omelette is light, that's for sure!  It's all just food.  Doesn't matter what you eat or when.

Incidentally, I have always hated all of the stereotypical foods associated with breakfast.  Omelettes, pancakes, waffles, scrambled or poached eggs, french toast, hash browns, bacon, sausage--hate it all.  Makes me nauseated.  I've always had a little whole grain cereal and fruit for breakfast, and that's it.  When I was a kid, sometimes I'd get dragged to a restaurant for breakfast on the weekends, and my family would order all of the heavy breakfast foods, and I would literally sit there and hold my nose lest I'd vomit.  Don't know what it is about those foods.  They just kill me.  The worst are the croissant or English muffin type breakfast sandwiches with ham, egg, and cheese.  Oh, and f*ck. dude, the Egg McMuffin is the absolute worst.  If I just imagine the smell of and Egg McMuffin for more than a few seconds, I'll start to get nauseated.  In fact.... oh gawd... yeah... *urp* *gag:scoots:

But the funny thing is that I could eat a pizza or a cheeseburger for breakfast and I'd be okay.  Go figure.

I had bacon and eggs for dinner on Friday. I don't normally eat breakfast for dinner, unless my options are limited or if I just randomly feel like it.

Used to have pancakes and bacon for dinner on occasion growing up. These days, if I eat breakfast for dinner it's at either IHOP or Denny's.

• 1 year later...

That's actually what I always do. I eat a warm, generous meal in the morning, so that I have enough power for the day. And in the evening I usually just eat bread or buns. I don't lose much energy in the evening, so this works perfectly for me. :)

• Brohoof 1