Who Is The Best And Baddest Villian of All?

AndrewKnapp

Are we forgetting the parasprites? I mean, sure, they did a lot of damage to Ponyville, but remember when they got sent off to another town? Who knows what happened? It could've been a massacre.

WE DON'T KNOW

Parasprites are the biggest and baddest villains

But they're just so gosh-darned cute!

I changed my mind, Chrysalis is my new fav. She has the potential to reach godly levels of power with her love absorbing ability. If bug queen can absorb the love from all the ponies similar to what Tirek did, she would be completly invincible. She could swat Discord and Tirek full power like a fly.

Chrysalis from the alternate time line was probably so over powered from her love consumption, that she didn't need to worry about being overthrown. 

Chrysalis from the alternate time line was probably so over powered from her love consumption, that she didn't need to worry about being overthrown. 

She could be the final boss of mlp. Really though, she would be ridiculously overpowered, not even plot armor or the magical macguffin could touch that shit.

She could be the final boss of mlp. Really though, she would be ridiculously overpowered, not even plot armor or the magical macguffin could touch that shit.

Hopefully we will see her in the season 6 finale. With that confirmed changeling spy synopsis.. I hope to Goddess  that Chrysalis is coming and packing heat. Being many episodes absent, she better have fed off love for a while.

If we're gonna go with most powerful, it would be Discord hands down.

Its actually kind of ridiculous what extents the writers have to go to constrict Discord's power. Every single time Discord is in some manner "defeated", he's either allowing it,(his first defeat) or caught by surprise, (his second defeat, Tirek's betrayal) The writers also have to come up with bull excuses for why Discord dosen't just solve problems by snapping his fingers whenever there's conflict in the story. Usually he's just not physically present, however in one of the comics, (which I'm not exactly comfortable calling canon but I think this is funny so I'll let it slide), he states in the middle of the battlefield that he can't help because he's washing his goddamn hair. Like it's ridiculous.

I don't see any conflict with him being powerful and him getting sick. You'll notice that in that scene he is also caught by surprise and is about to snap the tatzelwurm away when he gets infected.

I don't really buy the whole "celestia cast a spell and now discord can't get the elememts" shcmick, mostly because it didn't exactly work as intended the first time. Though most likely a gag, there's also a scene when Discord reaches for Twilight's tiara thing and she ducks. If there's a spell, why the hell is she ducking? Either the spell dosen't work or it only stops Discord from taking them magically which is kinda stupid because Discord could probably physically overpower most of them let alone using magic.

The whole "if chrysalis gets all the love in the world she'll beat discord" thing seems silly to me cuz not only is this unlikely it also probably wouldn't work. Unlike Tirek, who's magically drained and generally exhausted after his imprisonment ordeal, Discord gets out of his prison fully charged and ready to go. This shows that Discord's magic is probably inexhaustible, and Chrysalis is unlikely to beat him just by gaining a lot of mana points from sucking the love outta everyone. Besides, what's to say Chrysalis is even capable of such a feat. It's very likely that she'd just explode from all that magical input.

Besides if you observe and then compare Discord's magic with others it gets kinda obvious. When everyone else is all charging and putting obvious effort into their spells, Discord dosen't even blink while doing insanely powerful magic. So in my opinion Discord dosen't used stored energy to cast magic like the others. He just warps reality.

And what's an opponent even gonna do in a fight? Discord makes it really clear that splitting his body in half or decapitating him dosen't really hurt him in anyway. He is also able to be several placed at once. So I don't really see how there could ever be room for debate on what would happen if Discord actually tried for freaking once.

Guys the writers have to explicitly avoid making him try, or the story gets dull. That's how over powered he is.

Aanyway that's what I think. You're obviously all allowed your own opinion. Sorry for any typos.

The whole "if chrysalis gets all the love in the world she'll beat discord" thing seems silly to me cuz not only is this unlikely it also probably wouldn't work. Unlike Tirek, who's magically drained and generally exhausted after his imprisonment ordeal, Discord gets out of his prison fully charged and ready to go. This shows that Discord's magic is probably inexhaustible, and Chrysalis is unlikely to beat him just by gaining a lot of mana points from sucking the love outta everyone. Besides, what's to say Chrysalis is even capable of such a feat. It's very likely that she'd just explode from all that magical input.

Discord is just another dumb cliched character, and who are you to say that Chrysalis couldn't hold such magic? She became more powerful than Celestia herself by absorbing love, it's clearly more effective than what Tirek did. 

(edited)

Tirek I see as irredeemable or nonnegotiable.  Far more take charge and outwardly cruel.

I consider Chrysalis a very evil character.  I never saw her do her thing "just for her hive".  She got sick enjoyment out of her actions.  But I can see someone striking up a mutual agreement with her, and I actually can picture her honoring it if it works in her favor.  Tirek I don't see having such honor. 

Edited by Jammo

For me, I would have to say Tirek. Stealing the magic of every pony in Equestria, manipulating Discord and then turning on him in the end makes Tirek a pretty good villain, in my opinion.