Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Is The Best And Baddest Villian of All?

AndrewKnapp

On Wikipedia, it said that the major antagonists of MLP: FiM were Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, andy my opinion of the best and baddest villain, King Sombra. Who do you think of these major antagonists has done the most evil thing in Equestrian history? Here are some pointers:

Nightmare Moon: tried to destroy the Elements

Discord: Turned Ponyville into an upside=down world

Chrysalis: Invaded Canterlot with her Changeling army

Tirek: stole everpony's magic

King Sombra: enslaved the Crystal Empire, and also made it disappear for 1000 years.

Let's see: Queen Chrysalis only wanted to feed her subjects at the cost of Equestria.

Nightmare Moon only wanted to be seen as Celestia's equal and make it night 24/7.

Discord wanted to spread chaos and disharmony.

Tirek wanted everyone's magic and then to destroy Equestria.

And King Sombra enslaved the crystal empire.

After all this I would have to say the most evil are King Sombra and Tirek maybe Chrysalis as well since these guys never showed any mercy and would do anything to make their goal come true.

For me it was a tough choice between Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek. One uses slavery, another defeated and imprisoned Celestia herself and the last one, well, he took all magic and could have proceeded to absolutely destroy everything. Just because of the potential that Tirek had, I have to go with him. That is what takes him up a notch for me.

I would say that Starlight Glimmer would be the baddest villain of all of them.

For starters she started a cult, literally tortured others by brainwashing them in her reeducation camp, has several murder attempts, the fact there are children in her cult, attacking filly Rainbow Dash so add assaulting children, resisted arrest, forcefully removing their cutie marks and their inner most parts of the mane 6 and the citizens of our town's beings, forcefully assimilated others into her doctrine, planned on doing the same to all of Equestria, stalked and spied Twilight and the mane 6, broke and entered a princess's castle, royally screwed up the fabric of time and space in order to ruin Twilight's life, which in turn lead to causing unfathomable pain and suffering to who knows how many ponies in multiple different timelines, including a post apocalyptic barren wasteland for all we know every single pony in Equestria is dead because of her actions.

Sombra and Tirek seem to be the most destructive and/or tyrannical. Of the lot, I'd argue that only Starlight Glimmer had good intentions (you can't convince me that Chrysalis wasn't mainly invading Canterlot for the fun of it), but Sombra and Tirek are basically just monolithic slabs of evil above all else, seeking to destroy, feed off of, and enslave everything in their path. The two are about tied for me. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Starlight Glimmer. Altering the timeline is a far greater offense than the stuff other villains did and as time traveling logic goes there is no fixing the timeline once you step into the past. You could be wiping out the existence of a world of people for just stepping on a pebble in the past.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

There's Starlight who messed with the timeline, nearly causing a universal fuckup for all of equestria, but she's to petty for me to consider the best and baddest villain of all, so I give this to Tirek. He manipulated the master manipulator, and he almost won. Who else could have done that? 

My vote goes for Tirek and King Sombra. Tirek's abilities proved to be incredibly dangerous as well as detrimental and he wasn't going to stop his assault until he had everything. And while it is true that we haven't seen King Sombra do a whole lot, I believe that he may be capable of so much more devastation.

Starlight Glimmer altered the very fabric of space/time. The only thing that stopped her was seeing that she actually DESTROYED all of Equestria. She ended all life on their planet. No other villain came anywhere close to that.

My vote goes for Tirek and King Sombra. Tirek's abilities proved to be incredibly dangerous as well as detrimental and he wasn't going to stop his assault until he had everything. And while it is true that we haven't seen King Sombra do a whole lot, I believe that he may be capable of so much more devastation.

So far we've seen Sombra be able to do reality-warping (e.g.: his curse on the Empire, his pocket dimensions of stairs and traps, that animated door-portal, etc.), magic-nullifying (just ask Shining and Twilight), mass brainwashing (e.g.: poor Crystal Ponies, the door-portal's "fear-o-vision," etc.), etc.

• Brohoof 1

Discord.

As a reality-warper, he is only limited by his own desire for Fluttershy's friendship. Remove that restraint, and he is unstoppable.

(edited)

Discord.

As a reality-warper, he is only limited by his own desire for Fluttershy's friendship. Remove that restraint, and he is unstoppable.

Twilight was able both break his brainwashing on her friends and cast a "reality-unwarping" bubble against his magic, Celestia was able to cast a ward that even he couldn't bypass, the Tatzlwurm was able to make him sick and weak, Tirek was able to magic-drain him, and Luna was able to both zap him unconscious and have more control over dreams than him (in Friends Forever #20).

Edited by A.V.

(edited)

Based on what acknapp18 said about what the villains did, I have to go with Nightmare Moon because if she did destroy the elements, then the Mane Six wouldn't be able to stop MOST of the villains because they used the elements to stop them.

Edited by Bright Voice

Twilight was able both break his brainwashing on her friends and cast a "reality-unwarping" bubble against his magic, Celestia was able to cast a ward that even he couldn't bypass, the Tatzlwurm was able to make him sick and weak, Tirek was able to magic-drain him, and Luna was able to both zap him unconscious and have more control over dreams than him (in Friends Forever #20).

Last going first, I don't consider evidence from the comics. I simply disregard it when others use it and I don't use it myself. Argue with evidence from the show. I know it's petty, but that's my rule.  >_> 

Twilight did break the brainwashing, but so what? The Power of Friendship trumps everything in this show and all the villains are subject to that caveat. She undid only a tiny portion of his reality-warping, and he wasn't trying to reassert control at that point, having been handed a combination Villain / Idiot Ball of prodigious size by the writers because it was the only way they could actually give the Mane Six the victory.

Celestia's first ward did jack to stop him. The one P. Celly used to make it so he couldn't steal the Elements did work, true, so I'll give you that one.

Another point to you for the Tatzlwurm. Although we don't know how much he was weakened, he might still have his ability even when sick.

When Tirek magic drained him, he had already absorbed the magic of all of non-alicorn Equestria's ponies and he took Discord by surprise with his sudden betrayal. Hardly a fair fight. Discord handled him with contemptuous ease earlier in the episode.

Given your post, I'll still say Discord is the best and baddest, but I'll amend my previous statement to "nigh-unstoppable".  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I changed my mind, Chrysalis is my new fav. She has the potential to reach godly levels of power with her love absorbing ability. If bug queen can absorb the love from all the ponies similar to what Tirek did, she would be completly invincible. She could swat Discord and Tirek full power like a fly.

• Brohoof 1

Nightmare Moon and Tirek would totally destroy Pony kind.  Blocking out the sun in a society of Herbivores would be a death sentence.  Taking all the power from the Ponies would also mean doom since they would probably be too weak to do farming.  The others would screw things up a fair bit but these 2 would flat out end Pony kind.  

King Sombra essentially enslaved and broke the spirit of the crystal ponies, with eyes looking towards Equestria itself. Going by the season 5 finale his plans would be largely successful as the map indicates that he occupies a large part of the land and beyond! Granted the episode also shows Nightmare Moon & Chrysalis having success in their own timelines, but still, I think Sombra's methods show him to be the among the most evil. If you consider the comics and his plans of unleashing the Umbrum then things get really dark.

So yeah; Sombra. <3

• Brohoof 1

Are we forgetting the parasprites? I mean, sure, they did a lot of damage to Ponyville, but remember when they got sent off to another town? Who knows what happened? It could've been a massacre.

WE DON'T KNOW

Parasprites are the biggest and baddest villains