Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the best supporting character?

SoberStarlight

Best supporting character  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the best supporting character?

• Spike
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor

Out of all 7 seasons, who is the best supporting character?

Personally, I like Starlight Glimmer and Spike. Starlight Glimmer embodies the idea of second chances an forgiveness, and Spike is a foil to the mane 6.

Edited by jay_19
  • Brohoof 1

It's painful for me to choose... but i have to choose Spike, whenever he is main character, he's not that good but when he is a supporting character, he is goddamn amazing, he can fit almost every character. Starlight is the second due to her performance in S7, she usually a good side character to support Twilight, her supporting role in Rock Solid is superb. Starlight and Spike can be the great two voice of reasons in the group. 

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Jade Fire said:

i voted starlight, but tbh im not even sure if she is a supporting character anymore. after season 7 i see her as a main character.

Well, there are some episodes the main character will switch to supporting role, Starlight can be main character or supporting character. Starlight's supporting role this season is stronger than her leading role (Rock Solid/Fame/the finale compare to All Bottled Up/To Change/Uncommon Bond), in my opinion.

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Well, there are some episodes the main character will switch to supporting role, Starlight can be main character or supporting character. Starlight's supporting role this season is stronger than her leading role (Rock Solid/Fame/the finale vs All Bottled Up/To Change/Uncommon Bond), in my opinion.

lol yeah, but thats been true of most of the main group this season as well. it's a good season tho, im not criticizing.

Edited by Jade Fire

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I feel Discord should be here as well. By the way, to me are Discord and Starlight Glimmer.

4 hours ago, Hierok said:

Discord of course, but out of these 6 I would say Starlight. ;)

My bad! I forgot to add Discord! I certainly meant to! :(

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

All Bottled Up

One of my favorite Starlight episodes.

Not only does she finally give an explanation for her "OP" moments (i.e., she gets a boost whenever she gets bats***-crazy enough); but this time, she only targets herself when it comes to the forbidden mind magic (and while it does end up affecting others, it's clearly an accident this time).

Oh, and this will never become unfunny:

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

My choice is Spike. He has always been one of my favorite characters and has such great chemistry with the Mane 6.

Starlight is a close second for me. In spite of being a late addition to the series, she doesn't feel out of place, and her episodes have been among the best lately. I like everypony in this poll though. Luna is cool (and has one of my favorite designs in the entire series), Celestia has become a lot more interesting later in the series and the same goes for Cadance and Shining Armor.

• Brohoof 1

Out of these choices, there is no contest. Spike takes the cake with flying colors. He just has so much great chemistry with many of the characters. One of the only reasons I ever started to kinda like Starlight was because of Spike's interactions with her. Then of course he befriended the Changelings, the dragons (sorta), and is now the friendship ambassador. He is awesome. :mustache:

I don't think of Starlight and Spike as supporting characters anymore.. more like main characters since they have starred in several episodes and played several major roles. I chose Luna as the best supporting character. Because how could I not?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Spike, because ultimately he's been there since the beginning and has always been a consistently likeable character. To be honest, I'd consider him a main character.