Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who Is Your Comfort Character?

Rainy Daze

I've recently been seeing a lot of discussion about comfort characters, which if you're not familiar with the term, are "fictional character people find immense comfort in, either because they can identify with them or wish that they could hang out IRL" according to a Vice article. Some people take it to another level where just thinking about their CC can help them calm down during stressful experiences. 

Do you consider yourself to have a comfort character? If so, why have you picked them? It doesn't matter if it's MLP related or not!

• Brohoof 7

hmm right now, it's def. Dante from DMC and Heather from SH3. 

Dante bcs... I mean, cmon, it's Dante, the goofy half demon dude that kills demons. 

Heather bcs I relate to her so much as a teenager. And she's genuinely a very cool character, so hang outs with her would be *chef's kiss*

I favor these two cuz they're both goofy as hell, make jokes that make me giggle (or even laugh idk), so whenever I'm feeling down, thinking about them helps a bunch.

Edited by yungsparkle7
  • Brohoof 1

Don't have one, but would probably choose Henry Townsend from SH4 if I ever felt like needing one.

Dude is surprisingly calm given the circumstances. You won't see him yell nor scream. The most you get from him is a "What the hell?" and a suspicious or confused look when something fucked up is happening (which is through most of the game). He's not even special. We could even say he's plain boring, and yet, that's what makes him more relatable than most survival-horror protagonists. He's the most average twenty-to-thirty something dude you can find with the most generic look and bland personality. He's pretty much just another victim for a scheme and he foils the damn thing merely with a lead pipe, a chord and hearing people who know about the situation better than he does. You could even bump onto him on the street and you most likely would ignore him totally as if he didn't exist. Just a face in the crowd.

I would like to be more like him if I ever was in such a creepy and dangerous situation.

• Brohoof 3

I would have to say, Tempest Shadow, Raven (from teen Titan) and Marceline. Without going too much details, they may seems hard  or scary on the outside but sentimental in the inside. They all have something that can make them feel insecure but at the same, it’s what also makes them strong. And this kind of trait is something I relate to the most.

• Brohoof 2

Coco might be a pretty obvious choice from me, but I'd pick her anyway. Especially thanks to her cute and calm voice.

Out of the Mane 6, Fluttershy would be my first pick, most of the others tend to have their hyper/dramatic/loud/whatever side. :please:

• Brohoof 3

Coop from Megas XLR because he practically lives my dream. He own a giant robot that he pilots with game controllers

image.png.fd11cff8d5987f19dab0cd86e5560ef2.png

Then the obvious Rainbow Dash and Bumblebee :p

• Brohoof 1

I'd say Fluttershy from MLP and Tikal the Echidna from Sonic are two characters I find comforting and inspiring as they are both are calm and kind characters with good morals and ideals.

A somewhat different character I find comforting is Grovyle the Thief from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky as he's a character who isn't corrupted by the darkness around him and never gives up in fighting to prevent a future of darkness.

• Brohoof 1

I mean there’s tons of characters I wish I could hang out with/find comfort in, Chloe Price, Rachel Amber, Raven(teen titans), Marceline, Mae, Angus and Gregg from Night in the Woods, Sonic and Silver the Hedgehog, Octavia from Helluva Boss, Charlie from Hazbin Hotel and more.

As far as mlp goes I find all of the mane 6 to be comforting. I’d love to hang out with all of them irl.

• Brohoof 1

After thinking on it for a bit I think I have settled on a few of my own ^_^

For quite similar reasons I would say Fluttershy, Max Caulfield, and Aerith. They remind me of myself and I relate to them a lot but they also act as role models for how I think I djpild act.

I would also say Korra and Zuko since they both struggled a lot with finding their place in the world and made a lot of mistakes but still succeeded despite their hardship :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Amethyst from Steven Universe is mine. I cannot think of a fictional character I relate to more. When first introduced, she just seems like the fun jokester out of the crystal gems. However, as the show progresses, you learn that she has emotional issues, primarily self-esteem. I'm able to relate because I basically just make jokes and post images that make me laugh in most social circles, but deep down have issues with anxiety and self-esteem. I also think that MLP is a comfort show for me, but if I had to name a single character from MLP, it's either Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 2

On 12/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, Rainy Day said:

After thinking on it for a bit I think I have settled on a few of my own ^_^

For quite similar reasons I would say Fluttershy, Max Caulfield, and Aerith. They remind me of myself and I relate to them a lot but they also act as role models for how I think I djpild act.

I would also say Korra and Zuko since they both struggled a lot with finding their place in the world and made a lot of mistakes but still succeeded despite their hardship :fluttershy:

Is Maud comforting to you?