Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Have Any Imaginary Friends?

Photon Jet

55 users have voted

1. 1. Do you have imaginary friends?

• Yes
    • No

I came up with two yesterday but they had more fun with each other than with me and they just left.

Jokes aside, never had any. I had enough real ones to need to come up with my own :P

• 5 years later...

I do actually, 2 with their own individual back stories.  I've had them for a few years now and honestly have become somewhat of an inside joke with a few select friends since I tend to blame them for random things happening. there is Jake, who is a bit of a prankster, so things randomly missing or misplaced, random events that happen that wouldn't normally I always blame Jake. then there is Frank who is the "House Ghost" when there are random sounds, thumps, or I forget to close cabinet doors or general ADHD forgetfulness I poke fun at Frank. 

For some reason, I never even had one as a kid. I wonder why, since I had a very active imagination and used to come up with fictional TV shows, songs and stuff like that all the time. :derp:

• 2 weeks later...

Saying my characters "imaginary friends" would be a understatement, like every lonely kid I created my own conception of perfect friend in my mind, and rather than leave it, I evolved them, make them complex, add a backstory, a philosophy of their own even if I dont agree with them, I made them have descendants with their own story and so on over all these years, but something interesting happened, they started to interact without me controlling them, don't get me wrong am not crazy or such, is just that their personalities are too complex that I feel they have surpassed me, instead of me controlling them sometimes I feel they are controlling me because I made them too perfect, is not that I cannot control them, I simply don't want to in order to keep the character essence pure. I look to make some other projects like comics or animations or even games just to give them a more tangible form. Of course am proud of them because they were the only thing in my life I consider "perfect" so making them known to the world would be my legacy

...And of course with the arrival of the pony fandom I had to ponify some of them

I don't call them "imaginary friends" just characters of mine with one more chapter in their lives everyday

(edited)
7 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

We're all real @Wizard and happy to enjoy life everyday;)  

That's exactly what an imaginary friend would say!

Edited by Wizard

I'm not really sure you'd call them imaginary friends as such. But I do have this thought process thing where I sometimes give each aspect of myself a sort of personality and mental image depending on what I'm thinking about. Then they bounce thoughts and ideas off of each other.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes. I think @Treeglow Flicker 's OC is some kind of Monitor lizard wizard or something, she's my imaginary Bestie! :kirin:

Also, my Besties, Rarity and Pipp Petals. :D:Pip-giggle:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-03-28 at 10:15 AM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I'm not really sure you'd call them imaginary friends as such. But I do have this thought process thing where I sometimes give each aspect of myself a sort of personality and mental image depending on what I'm thinking about. Then they bounce thoughts and ideas off of each other.

Sounds a fair bit like Tulpas/,Thought Forms 

Hmm, I don't think I ever had an imaginary friend despite having hardly any friends throughout my life. Well, except in college. Not sure why it never came to my mind to create one.

(edited)

I'm not, by any means, any kind of well-adjusted individual or anything :sunny: (I mean, I'm here on these forums and have been for TWELVE YEARS! :blink:), but I can't say that I have an imaginary friend or have ever had one in my recalling.

Edited by Envy

my imaginary friends have always been pre-existing fictional characters but a lot more personified and fleshed out. Not sure if that counts since I didn't create them.