Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Speculation) Sea ponies design

Steve Piranha

what will be the look of sea ponies in the movie?  

8 users have voted

1. 1. sea pony desig

• Update closer to the G4 pony
    • Keep it like secondary canon did (comics, books, etc)

So, what you think will be the design of the sea ponies in the movie (assuming they'll DO show up there)? I think they'll keep them like they've done with alt media like the comics and the Sparkling Sea book

They actually had an updated look.

From what we know thanks to the Russian presentation this is what the sea ponies should look like in the film.

sig-4578804.1462108588521.jpg

Oh yeah, didn't see the close look of it. They look more like actual seahorses instead of mermaid ponies  :D

(edited)

They look like merponies or hippocampi, not sea ponies. Ugh. I don't like hippocampi, they're ugly. Pity Hasbro can't make distinctions between their own species.

Oh well, still crossing my fingers for merchandise and that Hasbro won't be stingy with the goods. Or that we'll get sea ponies and merponies. That'd make me happy.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

They look like merponies or hippocampi, not sea ponies. Ugh. I don't like hippocampi, they're ugly. Pity Hasbro can't make distinctions between their own species.

Oh well, still crossing my fingers for merchandise and that Hasbro won't be stingy with the goods. Or that we'll get sea ponies and merponies. That'd make me happy.

Personally I'm OVERJOYED they made them hippocampi. I've always *HATED* the G1 seapony design, and I've always been a fan of mermare Hippocampi designs.

They still look alot different than the Sirens tough, they look to be trying to keep their more elongated faces, just getting rid of the flipper Arms.

(edited)

Personally I'm OVERJOYED they made them hippocampi. I've always *HATED* the G1 seapony design, and I've always been a fan of mermare Hippocampi designs.

They still look alot different than the Sirens tough, they look to be trying to keep their more elongated faces, just getting rid of the flipper Arms.

I only like hippocampi designs in their original forms where they look like half scaly sea dragon/horse hybrids in shimmering greens and blues. Anything else is just plain tacky impo and I've always thought sea horses are quite cute.

Besides, there were merponies in G1 and G3.

Still to each their own.

Edited by Leave a Whisper