Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Future to Build

LiraCrown

Another landscapey (cityscape) image to take a break from other work related art.

This is what happens when you give Twilight control over the future of Equestria.
Give her an inch and she'll make enormous intergalactic faring spacecrafts.

a_future_to_build_by_liracrown-da92fib.p

• Brohoof 6

Awesome. I love everything about it, from the quality of the night sky to the fresh style of mixing fine details with almost blurry city landscape. There is so much to see there, too, speaking to a ton of thought having been given to it, like the mechanical bird thingy on the left, the Star Wars style probe on the right, the glow on Pinkie Pie-turned-unicorn's face from her device (piePhone 6, I'd wager). The entire piece agreeing in coloration with Twilight to the tee only makes it so much more enjoyable. It's also very pleasing to see it's not all pure technology, and there are still flesh-only ponies to be seen or architecture based around crystals squeezed in amongst the skyscrapers.

If I were to expect more from this (who would I be to do so, I'm not sure), these foreground buildings' outlines look out of place and out of proportion, especially since some of the antennae are layered beneath the bridge centerpiece. It could also be a cool effect if the glass panes incorporated into the bridge's rails where even slightly transparent, letting through at least something of the silhouettes of the ponies standing behind them. All that are really minor details though in an otherwise astonishing picture.

Thanks for sharing!

• Brohoof 1

I love this futuristic take on the Crystal Empire. I'm a huge fan of future themed stuff and post apoc stuff so this is wicked cool to me!

This is really impressive! The detail is amazing and the color palette is perfect. I'm especially drawn to the sky and the big center tower because of the more painterly quality to them. Those parts contrasted with the silhouettes of buildings and ponies is really nice! The only thing I can say for improvement is to just keep going with it! The crispness of the sky and buildings can make the bridge in the foreground look a little unfinished, and maybe add a couple more small buildings in front of that bridge just to give it even more depth. 

Fantastic work, I hope to see more, sometime!  :squee: