Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Next Legends

AmethystDawn

Indicus watched the thief jump just as he was close enough. Indicus both saw and felt the magic of the portal. "Damn it! Almost had the bastard!" Indicus walked back to the others seeing the skeleton 'pony?' in pieces and some pony he did not reconize but could feel was more powerful then he let on was taking care of the skeleton "pony". Indicus barely paid it any mind thinking about who the thief was working with that could be powerful enough to open a portal. I was not the thief no he did not have near the power to do that. Indicus would have to ask around for such information or at least send some ponies to do so for him. For now though he would talk with his new acquaintances.  

• Brohoof 1

Bill looked up

"Indy? Could you give bit of help? Am bit broken right now..."

He had to admit, Indicus was pretty spooky, but right now the yellow mare and moon bloke were doing some lovey dovey crap, so Indicus was the only one left that may be able to keep him together until he could reconnect to himself.

Indicus shrugged, "sure I'll see what I can do." Indicus then took on a more meditative pose thinking about every spell he knew and which could help out the skeleton. After a bit of searching Indicus found the desired spell and cast it  picking up every one of Bill's pieces and magically fusing it together like a welder would metal it was rough looking and held plenty of holes where Indicus did not have the bone but it would do till Bill could pull himself together. "There that should let you walk at least, till you regenerate you will look a bit jigsawed together and won't be able to run  but for now it will do."

(edited)

@@Shadow Dancer,@@MistaShifta, @@Choros Isorropai, @@silvermoon15000,  

Amethyst breathed deeply to calm herself as the spell took effect. "Th-Th-Thank you..." she said gratefully a moment later. Walking along behind Silver, she asked, "Wh-What about y-you and the o-others? H-H-How bad are the injuries?" Bill and the others had just come into view at the bottom of the stairs, when several members of the royal guard rushed up and surrounded the five ponies.

"Stop right there!" a pegasus guard commanded as he flew above them with several other pegasi. All five of the ponies were flanked in all directions by what seemed to be very high ranking members of the royal guard.

Edited by AmethystDawn

Bill stood up shakily.

"Woah there, bros! We are cool dudes! Have done nothing wrong! Real target is over there!"

Bill pointed up the stairs with one of his jittering hooves.

"We're good dudes! Spooky fellow just stole shiny thing and buggered off! Should chase him!"

• Brohoof 1

Indicus looked around him keeping track of where each Royal Guard was located. Judging by their armor they must have been centurions a group of four or five were not too much to handle but this group of ten or so would be difficult that and having non combatants here as well would render a fight near impossible.

Deciding it was not worth resisting Indicus put his weapon back in the small storage dimension that he created a long time ago causing the sword to seemingly disappear into thin air.

"What the hell took you assholes so long, the thief's long gone. Jumped into a portal that leads to who knows where."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@MistaShifta,@@Shadow Dancer, @@Choros Isorropai, @@silvermoon15000,  

The guards looked at one another when Bill spoke, not having seen a skeleton pony before. But their attention quickly shifted back to the situation at hand when Indicus spoke up. "Who are you to address us in such a manner, trespasser?!" The companion of the royal guard that was leading the group added, "And who is this thief you are referring to?  What did he steal, and what gave any of you the right to pursue him on strictly closed off areas?"

Edited by AmethystDawn

Silvermoon looked at the guards, "excuse me gentle colts, but we are students of Princess Twilight Sparkle, I suggest you lower your weapons before she gets angry and has you sent to janitorial service," he said firmly trying to get the guards to back off, he knew how to get them, any other pony would have said sent you to the dungeon but she was too nice for that. He looked back at Amethyst and the others, giving them a smirk.

• Brohoof 1

@MistaShifta,@Shadow Dancer@Choros Isorropai@silvermoon15000,  

Right then, there was the sound of another pony landing behind them on the stairs up to the tower. "What's going on?" Twilight asked as Luna and Celestia landed behind her. Twilight stepped forwards upon seeing that two of her students were among the five. "Silver? Amethyst? What happened? What are you doing out here?" she asked them.

• Brohoof 1

"Twilight!" Silver called out happy to see his former mentor again. "A thief got into the castle and stole what looked like an artifact," he said before tilting his head down, "we couldn't stop him in time...he got away with the artifact" he let out a sigh of defeat. He felt like a colt again, failing a test.

• Brohoof 1

Indicus was about to answer when the three princesses arrived, he simply backed off glaring at the guards. Turning his attention to the princesses in the room giving them a nod in acknowledgment, sure that at least Luna would not mind the informality not quite sure about Celestia and Twilight's  stance on the matter.

He decided to let the others talk and ignored the guards, if he had any say then he would just let the guards handle the matter and go back to leading a guild of assassins unofficially sanctioned by Princess Luna herself as a Equestrian hired mercenary company that happened to do other contracts with a few others as well. He was sure Celestia knew about the arrangement between the Guild and the Equestrian government but not sure that Twilight was in on it 

Indicus shook his head worrying about the matters currently at hand.

• Brohoof 1

choros, seeing all of the new ponies surrounding them, desided to sit back and see what happends....

he was not sure if they would arrest him, as he has nothing on him, not even the ticket for the event from zecora...

for all the others would know, he was apart of the theft.  he hoped that zecora would be done with her errand soon, and then his story could be collaborated... until then he would just be polite. and quiet.

• Brohoof 1

Bill backed up.

There were alicorns.

3. filthy. alicorns.

He remembered meeting two of them, the white one and the blue one, and both of them had been ruthlessly spooky when he had. Moon bloke seemed to know the one he didn't, but regardless, if he was under the guidance of her.

"Molestia!" Bill stated, having half forgotten her name, "What you doing here? Why would tyrant like you enter this place? Begone!"

Bill, honestly, was worried for his life. He'd seen what the larger two were capable of, and frankly, it frightened him. He got up onto his hind legs shakily, wobbling as if he were on stilts, and pointed at the white horse.

"Leave this place, or..."

Bill trailed off, and looked to Indy, he was his only ally in this fight now, since homeless bloke was useless, and yellow and moon bloke would most likely side with the spooky ones.

He waited in silence, hoping for a pin to drop.

• Brohoof 1

@@MistaShifta,@@Choros Isorropai, @@Shadow Dancer, @@silvermoon15000,  

Twilight walked up to Silver with a smile. "Hello Silver, it's nice to see you again." she greeted him. However, a moment later seriousness returned to her face. "A thief? He stole an artifact? How did you get permission to pursue him?"

Amethyst stepped forwards nervously towards her teacher, bowing to the three princesses. "Indicus said that he could take us with him to follow the thief, that's why we were allowed out here."

Twilight nodded with a small smile and a relieved sigh. "Well, I'm glad you're all alright." Turning to Silver once more, she said sympathetically, "You did your best, and I'm sure that the artifact will be retrieved."

Luna greeted Indicus with a small smile and an acknowledging nod. "Greetings Indicus. It is good to know you are fairing well." She frowned though a moment later and asked, "Do you know what the stolen item was? And how did the thief escape from up here?"

Luna's questions were cut off a moment later by Bill though. Celestia and Luna looked at one another, clearly having distant memories of the skeletal pony. Not remembering who the skeletal pony was though, nor who the earth pony who had not been named was either, Celestia politely said, "Excuse me, but would you two mind introducing yourselves?"

looking up to celestia, "i am but an explorer, traveling around to see the "sights", you may call me choros isorropai...."

stoping to think for a moment, a grin comes acrost his face at the inevitable question of 'what kind of name... where are you from?'

"... i am from a place, far from here, and my name translates to 'Dancing Equilibrium'." bowing as he says his translated name.

• Brohoof 1

Bill somehow managed to make his mask frown.

"Am Bill, Bill Statue..."

Bill stared down the 'Princesses'. In all honesty, they did not seem like they had years ago, but Bill wasn't fooled. Molestia was a tyrant, and her sister was a sociopath, heck, everyone under the old empire had been. 

All he knew, was alicorn=bad. That was a constant fact, regardless of the situation.

"Now!" Bill stated. "Why are here?! Is this you fault?"

• Brohoof 1

@@MistaShifta,@@Choros Isorropai, @@Shadow Dancer, @@silvermoon15000,  

Celestia smiled a little bit. "Well, it is nice to meet you choros isorropai. Welcome to Equestria." she greeted the earth pony courteously.

Celestia looked at Bill in a confused manner. "Of course not. Me and my sister Luna, along with Twilight and Cadence, work to protect Equestria and everyone in it. The artifacts that are kept here could be of great danger if they get into the wrong hooves, and so we safely guard them. This is not our doing." Celestia kept a calm and collected disposition, though she was surprised and concerned about this skeletal pony's hostility.

Shaking her head, Celestia continued, "It is for this reason that I must ask all of you to stay with us in the castle for the night. The thief having seen and attacked you all, you may be in danger. Also, it is necessary that tomorrow morning you explain everything that has happened, if we are to catch the thief."

Luna looked up at the sky. "Yes, we shall have quarters set up for you to stay the night here. Perhaps we can work out the problem tomorrow morning."

seeing an oportunity of gain, choros spoke up "would it be possible to have access to some information? history, science, magic.... i would like to do....some reserch." glancing around at the alicorns, wondering if they can see through his disguise.... if they did, then keeping him in the castle would be the way to detain him, without arising suspicion. on the other hand, zecora seemed fine with him, and she did speak briefly about a "twilight".... but he was not sure how common that name is.

• Brohoof 1

Bill approached Molestia, the eyes of his mask flaming. He studied her face for a few seconds, before stating.

"Do they know? Have they seen. Can trust you after what have seen you capable of?"

This almost came out in a whisper as Bill said it, but hate was dripping off his tongue with the noise of steaming coals, almost hissing.

• Brohoof 1

Indicus  waited for the others to finish speaking before addressing Luna, "To answer your question Luna, I saw the thief drop some sort of crystal with some markings on it. As for the thief's escape he jumped down from the tower window into a portal I'm sure was created by an ally, or hired mercenary the former more likely, either way the caster was quite skilled to pull off the portal, possibly had some sort of casting circle, artifact, or help but for now I'll assume the mage did it under his own power. That is all I know on the topic." Indicus paused for a moment a small impish smile adorning his face, "Anyway nice to see you again Luna, the Night Guard and it's branches still cleaning up after the Royal Guard's messes?"

• Brohoof 1

"It's nice to see you too," he replied to his former mentor. He still felt bad even though she tried to comfort him. She was also the only pony that knew of the incident that happened a couple years back for Silvermoon during that time wasn't doing well in his studies. So he had told her. Now he just sat there acting like it didn't affect him in anyway. He looked at his former mentor, he hadn't seeN her in forever but she looked slightly taller and was a bit more...he couldn't think of the word but he kept to himself and listened to everypony talking until Celestia spoke. "What...I can't stay in the, I got things to attend to," one of them being tracking down the pony who stold the artifact.

• Brohoof 1

@@silvermoon15000,@@Shadow Dancer, @@MistaShifta, @@Choros Isorropai,

Celestia and Twilight smiled, both remembering the days of when Twilight was Celestia's student, so eager to learn. Turning back to Choros, she replied, "Why of course you may. However, I would not recommend staying up too late, as you will need your energy for tomorrow." Luckily for Choros, none of the princesses saw through his disguise.

Celestia took a step backwards, startled again by Bill's hostility. Unsure of how else to handle the situation, she calmly said in a friendly voice, "The ponies of Equestria are well aware of the power of alicorns. We have used our power, along with that of the elements of harmony and the crystal heart, to defeat many threats to the ponies of our nation. While many of the battles we fought were thousands of years ago, ponies today have still witnessed the power of alicorns from Twilight helping to defeat Tirek and Cadence helping to defeat Sombra. The ponies of Equestria trust us, even after knowing what we are capable of."

All three alicorns were grateful for Indicus speaking up, so as to help cool the sudden tension between Bill and Celestia. "Its nice to see you again too Indicus." With a smirk and a glance at Celestia, she said, "Yes, the Night Guard is in fact." However, a moment later the princess of the night gained a very serious, and even slightly panicked look, along with Celestia and Twilight. "Did you say that a crystal with markings in it was stolen?" Taking a deep breath, she said, "We cannot discuss this out in the open. We must ask all of you to please stay with us for the night so we can talk in the morning."

Twilight stepped forwards and kindly put a hoof on Silver's shoulder. "I am sorry Silver. I know that you," she turned towards the rest of the ponies there as well, "all of you, must have other plans. But you do not realize how serious this situation may be. We do not know for sure, and we hope that this is not as bad of a situation as we fear, but you really must stay here for tonight."

Amethyst stood silently in the back, doing her best to stay calm. She was a bit panicked by the whole situation, not to mention by the looks of fear on the princess's faces when the artifact was described. She never wanted to attend the gala in the first place, and now all she wanted was to go back home and read. However, she didn't say anything, simply doing her best to stay calm.

Bill stared Celestia down,

"Will stay here, on one condition..."

Bill backed up, to Indicus' side.

"Will recieve pile of pastries to sleep with."

Bill smiled under the mask, he was fully aware of the gravity of the situation, he'd seen things like this happen many times, but if he were to take part in it, he would only be paid in the highest form of currency, baked goods.

• Brohoof 1

@@MistaShifta

Celestia couldn't help but smile. "If that is what you wish if you are to stay here for the night, that is what you shall receive." The princess of the sun could not help but laugh inwardly. Luna smiled too, unable to stop herself from snickering a little from how serious the skeletal pony seemed about his request. "What is your pastries of choice?" Celestia asked Bill.

"i thank you for your hospitality, if i could be lead to my room or the nearest library, I would be very appreciative..."

choros began to contemplate what books he would look for, due to his wound he figured the best start would be some basic medical information...

• Brohoof 1