Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the movie win awards?

CastletonSnob

It could possibly win best animated film at least. If they pull out all the stocks for the film and provide us with even higher fidelity than the quality we already have, at minimum it could get best animation. Or at least be nominated. The quality will be there for it, for sure.

Do you think the MLP movie could win awards?

2017 is an overall weak year for animation. It's possible it could steal Best Animated Feature.

Best Orginal Song and (it's slim, but) Best Original Score are also possibilities.

Zero chance for anything other than that because the Oscars don't treat animaton seriously enough.

Sadly, I would give it very little chance of winning anything or even being nominated, to be honest. This is not because I feel the movie would be undeserving, but because the academy (assuming we're talking about the Oscars) seldom pays attention to anything they would deem too 'unsubstantial.' Animated films have their category but I think it'll be reserved for the bigger budget and more high profile movies rather than a derivative of a television show. At best, I could see a vague chance at a nomination for song, but even then they'll likely give the award to something that would reflect more prominently and favorably on the academy. It's always been about politics and has very little to do with art. That's why there's a People's Choice Awards.  :pout:

Edited by Dreambiscuit

It is a movie based an a television show, I am pretty sure that it is not going to win an Oscar for best animated film nor be nominated.

Maybe it could nominated for Annies, and maybe win one, but I don't think this is the type of movie that is going to win awards.

I think people are really overhyping the movie and are setting themselves for disappointment.