Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

crossover Scott's Tale

genessee

Disclaimer

Okay, so first off, let me get a few things out of the way before we start the story. This does have a pony/human non-romantic crossover. You'll see how in a little while. Um... anything else? Oh, I originally made this story in bed one night, and then just built upon it when I was bored. This does have a relation to my spinoff of the Rainbow Factory Creepypasta. There's no detailed gore, but there will be a flashback scene with that spinoff and some things go down, so heads up. Also for the sake of the story I placed the Everfree into the human world with it's Equestrian counterpart as the portal exit. Let's get going then!

The Story

Scott crouched behind a few shrubs, and aimed his rifle at a bird nest. Pang! The nest shook as the bullet hit it, and the avians scattered. Scott placed his rifle carefully behind him and darted towards the small mound of stones and decaying wood which the nest was resting. After a few minutes of rock climbing failures, Scott reached his prize: an egg. The aroma of pure deliciousness wafted into Scott's nose. "I'll save you for later," Scott cooed at his stolen meal as he placed it into his old duffel bag on his back.

Scott sat on a log deep in Everfree Forest. Last week, local travelers told him that Everfree Forest had a portal that lead into the magical world of Equestria. Being bored and yearning for adventure, the teen at the age of 16 kissed his parents and cat, Furball, goodbye (as well as leaving some foul-smelling kitty kibble and fresh litter) for the weekend, packed. Scott was an orphan, plain and simple. He had the generic orphan story; 'parents died before I was born, I never knew them' and had loving foster parents. The couple was off on vacation for the week, and so Scott took the opportunity to do things he was told not to do, like terrorize the neighbor's dog with Furball's laser pointer through his window and bugging his friends to come over to spend the night to no avail. That was that morning. Scott had decided on what to take, and figured it wouldn't be a long adventure, so all he took was a pale green duffel bag, his trusty bat, which he had named 'Sandman', and his dirty red hoodie, as well as a sleeping bag and some food (plus the rifle mentioned earlier). Scott shivered. It was getting cold. He stood up and opened his duffel bag. Lets see here... some cola, a sandwich, some Jerky, Ah! Here we go! Some matches! Scott triumphantly pulled out a small pack of damp but functional matches. Now I need some firewood. Scott examined his surroundings, and saw trees, trees and more trees. Scott looked over at Sandman, then scolded himself for even thinking about burning his beloved bat. Well, I need the exercise. Scott ran deeper into Everfree Forest, the sun falling lower by the second.

That's a stick... and a pine cone... any logs, though? Scott strode through the depths of Everfree, keeping watch for anything that would burn well while picking up large sticks and other kindling. If only I had brought something to cut with... Scott shivered again, and looked up. To his surprise, it seemed that the day was about over. I need wood, though. Scott trudged onwards.

Scott sat before his small campfire a couple hours later. He had a lukewarm can of Cola and some jerky beside him as he watched the flames dance up into the night sky, giving away their precious warmth. He moved some of the twigs around with his makeshift poker, and then settled in for the night. Alright, I'll look around a little bit tomorrow, and if I don't find any signs of anything interesting, I'll call it quits. With that, he quickly dozed off.

BOOM! Scott jolted upright as he was snapped out of his dream, and whipped out his hunting rifle. "Who's there?" Scott shouted into the darkness. Unsurprisingly, there was no reply. Better go check it out, then. When he arrived, he found himself staring at quite a strange sight. It looks like something just ripped a strip of earth out. Scott stared in awe at the pit, and his eyes followed it... until he saw a flash of silver. Huh? What would a car be doing out here? Was there an accident? Scott moved towards the light, and found he was wrong about it being a car. Dead wrong, in fact. It was a pair of small pods, dented and scraped. Both had the words Property of Cloudsdale painted across their sides. Cloudsdale? I've never heard of any 'Cloudsdale' before. Scott readied his weapon and moved towards the metal behemoth. He noticed a sliding door, half open, on the front of the nearest one. How convenient.Scott attempted to slide the door open, and a loud Clank! sprang from the metal slab. It must be stuck. Scott pulled again with all his might. This time the door cranked open, and it was pitch black inside. Scott took out one of the spare sticks from his fuel expedition earlier and lit it with one of his matches. Good. Scott gingerly stepped into the pod, and held his torch in front of him. There was...  a small puddle blood on the floor. And this is about the point where the first character in a story dies. I'll just look around for a minute more, and then I'll call the cops. Scott willed his body to step forward instead of turning back. Suddenly, Scott tripped over something. "Look out!" Scott shrieked as he faceplanted into the ground. "I didn't mean any harm, I just wanted to look-- huh?" Scott turned to see what he had tripped over. It was what looked like a cartoon horse, but very, very real. First off, he noted that it was unconscious. It didn't seem ugly - In fact, it looked cute - until Scott noticed it had blood dripping from it's head. "I've never seen one of these before." Scott put his hand on the thing's... hoof? "Okay, so you're not dead. That's a start." There was a weak pulse. Scott had already become attached to this thing, and he didn't even really know what it was. I need to go check that other pod. Scott hopped out of the first pod and peeped inside the other, and found another similar creature. This one... this one was also alive, but it had a piece of wood protruding from it's hoof, and looked like it was in great pain. It was also unconscious. Scott trembled at his new finding. What should I do? Should I call the police? Area 51? No, they'd probably conduct tests on these poor things. I don't have any medical supplies, though... I mean, besides a band-aid. Here, I'll just make sure neither of them die tonight, and then I'll call... I'll call someone. Anyone, really. Scott patrolled between the two pods for an hour, but eventually gave in to his need for sleep. He slumped against a pod. It wasn't very comfortable, but Scott was so tired that he was out like a light.

"Wake up!" Scott woke up to see something standing over him. "Huh?" Scott mumbled. "WAKE UP." It said again. Scott examined it. Memories flooded back to him. "Ooooooh." Scott got up and saw the toon pony from earlier.  "Who are you?" The pony asked. It had light gray fur and a plain black mane and tail. His head had dried blood on it. He glared at Scott, but he didn't look dangerous at all. "Scott. I'm Scott." Scott looked at the pony, and asked, "What's your name? Do you have a name?" The pony looked at Scott, and hesitated. "Aw, don't worry. I'm nice," Scott made his best 'cute' face. The pony sighed. "Well, what's to lose. I'm Lance."

** --This was where I stopped revising for today--

Scott looked over the other pony, the one with the injured hoof. "What's it's name?" Scott asked. "'It's' a her, for your information," Lance replied. "So what's her name?" Scott asked again. "Gale." Lance's eyes went fuzzy for a second. "Ooof, what happened to her hoof?" Scott winced at the sight of it. It was gory, that's for sure. A piece of plywood stuck of of her hoof. It was average-sized, but it seemed to do a lot of damage. "Huh?" Lance snapped out of his daydream. "Oh, geez. I don't know what happened." Lance gave Scott a sheepish grin. "How do you not know how someone in the same pod as you gets impaled by a piece of wood?" Scott stared at Lance. Lance paused, then whispered, "It's a long story..." Scott looked at Lance suspiciously, then said, "I have all the time in the world." Lance looked up at Scott. "Suit yourself."

Lance began his tale. "Well, it started about a week ago. At least, it feels like a week. I can't be sure. So anyway, I was at the Cloudsdale Pegasus graduations. As you can see, I'm not a Pegasus, but a friend told me that amazing stuff happened there, so I came to spectate. Gale came with me because she figured she wasn't doing anything on the day of the graduation, so she might as well come. The Cloudsdale Pegasus graduations work like this: Said Pegasus must complete a flying test at the end of their school year. It contains all the stuff they should have learned how to do. So anyway, I was watching, and it was pretty cool. They were doing all these flips and flyer-saults or whatever they're called. Then, this one pony crashed into a pole. It's wings were injured and it couldn't fly, and it looked like it needed medical attention. The next one was fine, and then the final tester just seemed... out there. It didn't seem zombielike or anything, just like it didn't know where it was. It didn't get injured, luckily. It just wasn't able to get the flips right and stuff. So on my way out, I noticed that the ponies that had passed were going back into their school, probably to get the papers for graduation, but the ones who hadn't were being led to an unmarked carriage. Because I had nothing better to do, I said, 'Hey, what's over there?' and watched as the pony that had hurt it's wings and the one that wasn't paying attention as well as a couple other Pegasi were led inside. The stallions who guarded it looked... off. They didn't look like they were happy for the graduates, or sad for them failing. They just looked... off. Like they knew something that they didn't. So anyway, being the idiot that I was, I decided to tape some fake wings on from pieces of paper, and get on the carriage with them. Gale, unfortunately, wanted to follow me so I wouldn't get myself killed... oh, god. It's all my fault for her getting hurt." Lance looked so heartbroken that Scott couldn't help but pat him on the head. "It'll be fine," Scott assured him. "What happened next?"  Lance took a breath and continued his story. "Well, so I was obviously a fake, but for some reason the guards didn't care and let me on. They let Gale in too, even though she wasn't even disguised. So anyway, they slammed the carriage door shut and I got the eerie feeling that I had gotten myself in to huge trouble. For about an hour the Pegasi made small talk, and I just watched. Then the carriage stopped and a guard came and opened the door. 'Out!' he said. We obeyed, but I didn't feel welcome anymore. We weren't near the school anymore. This seemed more like a prison. 'Line up!' They called. We did. Then a masked Pegasus walked in front of us. It told us this, 'Welcome to the Rainbow Factory. Because Cloudsdale has no use for failures like you, we decided we can make some use of you anyway. We will use your life force to help supply all the rainbows and happy this and that to Equestria. How, you ask? Simple. Say hello to Lil' Chew Chew.' It pointed to... to a horrific piece of machinery. I didn't know it then, but in a few minutes I'd know this machine was made with one sole purpose: to kill."

Scott gaped at Lance. "What? I mean, that couldn't have possibly happened. That's... that's horrible. How could cute ponies like you make such a horrible piece of machinery?" Lance glared at Scott. "Did you just call me cute?" Before Scott could reply with 'Yes' and ask what he was going to do about it, a grunt cut him off. Scott turned to see Sandman coming towards his face and Lance shouting, "No! Wait!", before a shot of pain blasting through his body, and then the world fading to black. The last words he heard before falling into the abyss of unconsciousness were, "He was on our side!.."

When Scott awoke, he was already angry. He didn't know why at first; he just had the impulse to be angry. Then, of course, he remembered. He was furious. Scott then noticed he was on a... makeshift bed? It sure seemed like it. He felt what he was lying on: his hoodie and duffel bag were squashed under his back. Scott felt a little better. At least Lance tried to make me a bed. Scott sat up, and got the eerie feeling that he was alone. He noticed the blood stain from last night. Was it? It looks too fresh. I wonder where it came from... Scott rubbed his chin. When he took his hand away, he was shown the answer. My hand! It's covered in blood! Scott traced his fingers from his chin to his nose. Oh. Okay. Broken nose. Awesome. Scott looked towards the blood stain on the floor again. Sandman was lying next to it, and the black rag was taken off and was lying next to it. Scott forced himself to stand up and trudged over. On the rag, it had writing on it. In blood. It read: Hey! Uh, sorry about getting your faced smashed in. Oh, and I know this looks creepy, written in blood and all, but we have no paper or ink, so blood was the next best thing, right?.. Anyway, the pony that beat your face in was Gale, she woke up while I was telling you the story and ambushed you with your own weapon. She says she's sorry, but I don't blame her. I mean, I would've done the same thing, except you were already asleep, so... yeah. Oh, and we went exploring so we could find some food and stuff. We'll be back soon! -Lance

Scott sighed. First off, his rag was ruined. Second, he had been beaten by a pony in a single shot. Third, he still had questions for Lance and was dying to hear the rest of the story. "Going from a wanderer to the first human to see real ponies... what a day I'm having," Scott thought aloud. I'm bored. Scott wanted to go outside and forget about all of this, but he had too many questions. Scott remembered that his nose was broken when a drop of blood got into his mouth. "Ew," Scott spat out the liquid and searched the wreckage of the pod for something to stop the bleeding. Huh. What's this? Scott picked up a piece of paper peeking out from under a small pile of debris. It's covered in symbols I can't understand... oh wait. I'm holding it upside down. Scott turned the page right side up. Scott read the first few words, then got bored. It's all legal stuff. Why would ponies have legal stuff? Scott plopped down on the floor. "This sucks," Scott whined.

Scott lay sprawled on the floor of the pod. His bloody nose made him look dead at first glance, but he was just bored out of his mind. I've done almost everything I can do to make me... uh... not bored. I've made a sculpture of debris, another sculpture of debris... on second thought, all I've done is made debris sculptures. You know... Scott looked around the pod. It feels like Lance and Gale are taking too long. Maybe-- Crashing outside stopped Scott mid-thought. It wasn't very loud, like last night when the pod crashed, more like... stomping in grass. You know, it's probably Lance and Gale coming back. The crashing came closer. Then, a banging at the door caught Scott off guard. Wait. Lance and Gale must have opened the door when they left, and they would have known it was a sliding door... oh, @%. Whoever's out there isn't Lance or Gale. Scott flew into a panic and leaped to his feet. Uuuh.. fight or flight? Fight or flight?! Scott decided to err on the side of caution and dove under a sculpture that resembled a table, more or less. Whatever, I just hope they- whoever 'they'  are- don't find me. Scott held his breath and attempted to look as small as possible when a human broke down the door. Two humans, to be exact. They were both armed with tasers and vests. They had goggles covering their eyes. "WE KNOW YOU'RE IN HERE, CONVICTS! COME OUT WITH YOUR HOOVES IN THE AIR!" A officer screamed into the room, his taser raised. Scott noticed he said 'Hooves'... that meant that he either wanted the ponies, or he was a crazed horse hunter. But wasn't Scott the only human ever to see Lance and Gale? Please, please please don't let Lance and Gale walk in on this... The first officer nodded to the second, and the pair ran into the room. Convicts? "Ew, who made these things? They're the ugliest I've ever seen!" An officer commented on Scott's work. I'm not THAT bad. Scott almost grunted, but stopped himself in the nick of time. After a few more minutes of searching, the first officer said, "They must have known we were coming. We have to report that we found the pod to Luna." The officers then left, leaving the door askew. Scott was more than shaken.

"Scott? SCOTT!" Lance darted in, upon seeing the broken door, and Gale rushed in behind him. Scott crawled out from his hidey hole. "L-L-L-Lance... u-uuh... We m-may have a p-p-problem..." Scott stammered. Lance gave Scott a puzzled look. "Some guards c-came. They wanted y-you guys... they r-ref-f-f-fered to you as 'c-convicts'.." Lance's eyes widened. "They came, after all. They know we're here," Lance looked at Gale, "We have to get back to Equestria."

"What's Equestria?" Scott wanted to know. Lance glanced at Scott and immediately replied, "A place you aren't going. Come on, Gale! We don't have much time before they come back." Scott paused, and said, "Yes, I'm coming with you." Lance moved his gaze directly to Scott and looked at him in the eyes. "No, you aren't. It isn't safe. I mean, you're just a human! You can't handle- I can't handle, either- the Equestrian guards. They are ruthless, soulless beings. They would kill anyone they were told without a second thought. You seem like to type of human that tries to get out of situations peacefully. That's not how they work, Scott." Lance took a breath. "You're not coming with us. Period." Lance turned around and began grabbing anything he could salvage from he debris. Scott didn't stay put, though. "They were human, though! I know more about humans than you do!" Lance paused, and asked, "Did you say they were human?" Scott immediately blurted out, "YES! I can--" Lance stopped him. "Oooh, yeah. You're not coming. They were ponies. They didn't look like it, but they were. You see, there's a thing in our world, Equestria, where you can walk through a portal and enter this world. It requires either extreme magic or extreme luck. When you walk through said portal, you become a human counterpart of your pony form. Those guards must have gone through one of these portals. This means that they must have been part of royalty to get their hooves on these portals... well, great. Looks like we're up against Celestia or Luna." Scott still refused to shut his mouth. "Oh yeah? How come you didn't become human?" Lance replied, "I don't know." Scott fired question after question, until finally Lance gave in. "You can come with us. You're going to die, you know. But okay. If you really want to, fine." Scott smiled.

The trio walked through everfree forest quietly. "What are we looking for again?" Scott asked. "A portal to Equestria." Lance rolled his eyes, "The same thing we were looking for when you asked five minutes ago." Gale had been pretty quiet the whole day. The only thing she did was glare at Lance or Scott when they talked too loudly. Mostly Scott, though. Scott had millions of questions he wanted answered. He asked the most burning one, "Can you finish your story on how you got here?" Lance sighed and grunted, "First off, it's not a story. It is a true tale. Second, fine. Be quiet, though..."

"So where I left off, we were in front of the killing machine, correct? Well, the masked pony said that one of us were going to be first in line to see what the machine does. 'Don't worry, everyone. You'll all get a chance to experience it sooner or later.' The pony pointed a hoof at a stallion nearby. 'You! Come up here.' The stallion looked terrified. 'Now, step into this compartment here...' The stallion's eyes were filled with fear, and he figured he was going to die, so he ran. He didn't make it far, however. He was shot with a tranquilizer dart almost immediately. He pushed forward for a couple more seconds, then he started walking... then trudging... then we was out for the count. I felt bad for him, but thankfully the masked killer didn't take another pony to take the previous one's place. Did I mention Gale was next in line? Anyway, the pony said, 'Well, a feisty group. I like that. It'll make it more fun to watch you scream in pain as the machine kills you. Because it will. Now, a guard will take you to your cells, which you will spend the remainder of your days, however short they may be.'" Lance coughed. "I think that's enough for today."

MOAR STAURI? Coming soon. 

Edited by genessee

• 2 weeks later...