Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the Cake babies growing up at all?

FlareGun45

Back in season 2, two episodes after Hearth's Warming Eve, the Cake twins were born! Then Season 5 gave us Hearthbreakers! That was probably one year right after. Then between seasons 5 and 6, another full year already went by when we got A Hearth's Warming Tale! 

Three Hearth's Warming episodes, three years of Twilight being friends with the Mane Six! So... if the Cake twins were born shortly after Hearth's Warming, they should be at least two years old by now, and they don't look different at all. I don't think the show is going to suffer from Simpsons syndrome since this show contains character development, so why are the Cake twins still babies? At least they're walking now and they don't wear diapers, that's a start, so maybe they are growing up a bit, but those dotted eyes they have still kinda give me the feeling that their still infants.

post-11493-0-95165300-1478633766.jpg

The Cake twins - S2E12

post-11493-0-33492600-1478633766.png

The Cake twins - S6E8 (2 years after the first Hearth's Warming episode)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, they're not. Animating newer, older versions is more work. That's why the Crusaders also haven't changed at all, barring their cutie marks.

I saw new BG ponies get made alot in season 6! Plus over the seasons of MLP, there have been a ton of new pony characters, and not to mention the change of Thorax's form! Making an older Pound and Pumpkin won't be too hard. It's probably just gonna be a one time thing since the show probably won't see them turning 4. It would make an interesting Pinkie episode seeing them grow and seeing how she takes it!

Edited by MegaSean45

but then you get princess Flurry Heart's design with the normal eyes...... im guessing that they intend for her to grow. its also going to be a huge change for the Cake Twins design when they suddenly get normal eyes. so maybe that was a design fail when they first started adding baby ponies. 

Well at least they are out of the diapers and looked like they were singing in the end of Heart's Warming Tail with the others (even if we do not know if they were really singing) and acted like cookie zombies well.

But this is a issue for me too and I think I made a thread at one point as well. The way they looked On Their Marks episode was like they were newborns (but it was for the joke really but it was stupid). I would like they get the designs Sweetie Belle and her fried steak had in her brithday flashback. But I wonder if the show remembers those designs excist, it would be too early for filly designs so maybe that is why they have not grown.

Back in season 2, two episodes after Hearth's Warming Eve, the Cake twins were born! Then Season 5 gave us Hearthbreakers! That was probably one year right after. Then between seasons 5 and 6, another full year already went by when we got A Hearth's Warming Tale! 

Three Hearth's Warming episodes, three years of Twilight being friends with the Mane Six! So... if the Cake twins were born shortly after Hearth's Warming, they should be at least two years old by now, and they don't look different at all. I don't think the show is going to suffer from Simpsons syndrome since this show contains character development, so why are the Cake twins still babies? At least they're walking now and they don't wear diapers, that's a start, so maybe they are growing up a bit, but those dotted eyes they have still kinda give me the feeling that their still infants.

attachicon.gifsig-4351997.The-Cakes-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-35217075-398-277.jpg

The Cake twins - S2E12

attachicon.gifapplejack_27cakes_and_pastries_we_shall_bring27_s06e08.png

The Cake twins - S6E8 (2 years after the first Hearth's Warming episode)

If you've noticed they seem to be potty trained now. They're not wearing diapers anymore.

As we got two heart warming episodes after S2, they should be at least 2 years old, true. But still little enough to not need a change in design nor growth sans the apparent potty training :huh:

I don't really see them, the cuties, nor McFlurry needing to physically grow, unless there's a huge timeskip in the future :huh: