Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

haha, exactly :lol: That said, I have no problems imagining Fluttershy as a anime character, "kawaii". Rainbow dash would probably fly around screaming "SUGOI!!!" ^_^

I love anime! I've seen Death Note, Ruroni Kention, up to the 2nd season of Inuasha, Fullmettle alchamist, Shamon King, One Piece, Hetalia, up to the 2nd fruts basket, skipbeat, anema+, and up to the 3rd black butler. Glad their are other anime fans here too!

Oh Anime. Heck yesh. I am the president of my schools anime club, though the only one I really keep up with is One Piece. LOOOOVE that series, manga and anime forms. I'm so freakin' into it, it is a huge compliment to MLP that I am interested in something other than One Piece, LOL. I think I defs prefer the Brony community, though. ;)

Talk about a Necro bump! lmao

Just a totally random question but what do you think about the arguments that anime and cartoons and one and the same? Many consider them different but many also consider them the same thing. I personally am in both grounds, at least I understand what they mean by being the same, but there is a distinct difference between anime and stuff like MLP and TDI and TMNT and such.

Just a totally random question but what do you think about the arguments that anime and cartoons and one and the same? Many consider them different but many also consider them the same thing. I personally am in both grounds, at least I understand what they mean by being the same, but there is a distinct difference between anime and stuff like MLP and TDI and TMNT and such.

They are technically both cartoons, but anime is created by people who grew-up in the Japanese culture, and cultural differences show.

For example, while growing up in the western world I was bullied for having very fair skin.

But in many animes I watched the whiter your skin the more attractive you were, which was confusing to me as a younger viewer. :P

Anime is a cartoon, but a specific GENRE of cartoon, and it definitely has certain... quality about it. Most of the time, if an American (I'm American, accessible example :) ) draws in "anime style" you can see what they were going for, but it isn't the same as that of a Japanese artist. Then there are exceptions, like One Piece, which certainly has a weird art style but is obviously anime, and then there is this kid in my club at school who draws LIKE A BOSS. A JAPANESE BOSS. He's hispanic, and he's bucking amazing. /)^3^(

Anime has been a big part of me for years now and I really enjoy watching different series. As for some of my favorites, Clannad: After Story, Steins;Gate, Angel Beats, Ano hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, and Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2.

I'm a BIG fan of anime, as I watched Initial D on Hulu. I'm a big racing fan, to be honest, as I love the drifting and the insanely cool musics during the race, which fuels me with pure adrenaline. :D

That depends on the anime and your preference. Every otaku (term for anime nerds) is different. Some prefer only subs, some prefer only dubs, while some yet take it depending on the anime. Some dubs are amazing but some leave you wanting something better so many watch them subbed.

In One Piece's case unless you are watching the Funimation version you probably wanna watch the sub because 4Kids changed a lot in the original dubbing of the show and cut out even more. People found that 4Kids ruined the One Piece anime's dub because of all the changes they made.

If you are ever unsure, try watching an episode in English and another in Japanese with subs to find which you like better and then watch the rest of the anime in whichever you prefer. Though there are some that are widely considered to be better in English regardless but don't let anyone try to tell you that either sub or dub is indefinitely better than the other. Many will try to tell you that sub is the only way because all dubs suck but that is definitely far from the truth of things. Plus a lot of it comes down to opinion so there's no definite answer as to whether you should watch in sub or dub for most anime as most will be good enough either way.

Personally I watch only dub unless there is no dub of the anime even if the dub is less than stellar because I'm far more tolerant to things that aren't as good as they could be than most. There are few dubbed voices that I don't care so much for and there are others still that I would recommend watching in English regardless of my own opinion on subs because I have a slightly extensive knowledge of dubs and among them I can point out when they are good or bad for the most part.

-------------------------------------------

I just learned a couple days ago that the second season and bridging OVAs of Darker Than Black were dubbed and released in October so I need to get my hands on that cuz it's driving me nuts to not have the whole series. ;-;

I had to watch the OVAs in Japanese because when I first watched them there was no news of a dub for them. After watching the whole first season in dub I can honestly say the dub voices just fit so much better than the Japanese voices. Hei's Japanese voice just...doesn't sound right.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

My Top 5 Anime:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

2. Darker than Black

3. Full Metal Alchemist

4. Code Geass

5. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

;)

I thoroughly recommend Darker than Black... even though its second season kinda melts its pure awesomeness.

My Top 5 Anime:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

2. Darker than Black

3. Full Metal Alchemist

4. Code Geass

5. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

;)

I thoroughly recommend Darker than Black... even though its second season kinda melts its pure awesomeness.

You have Darker Than Black on your list. You are immediate awesome. :D

I haven't seen the second season yet but I doubt it's as horrible as people say. (Most things aren't)

I never did get to finish Blood+

I watched it when it first came out and then I stopped watching and eventually lost track of it and in the end I've only seen maybe eight episodes.

You have Darker Than Black on your list. You are immediate awesome. :D

I haven't seen the second season yet but I doubt it's as horrible as people say. (Most things aren't)

They just make Hei... not-so-much Hei. (In other words, his awesome fighting skills kinda go... *jeeeoooop* out the window)

:(

I love FMA, I can relate to it. You can tell I like One Piece if you see my hat.... :P

Posted Image

and dbz was like my childhood when I was a kid. I think it was for most kids born in the 80's- 90's

• Brohoof 1

They just make Hei... not-so-much Hei. (In other words, his awesome fighting skills kinda go... *jeeeoooop* out the window)

:(

I do hear something to that effect but I also hear that right at the end Hei comes back in full glory and it's made all the sweeter by his bummery throughout the season.