Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

On 2021-03-24 at 6:43 PM, Miss said:

Anypony else sick of the trend in animes where the LGBT character is just portrayed as a pervert or legit sexually harasses another character and it's meant for fanservice or humorous purposes? 

Any time I see something like that it disgusts me. 

One Punch Man (Puri Puri Prisoner)

Wasteful Days of High School Girls (Lily)

gargantia on the verdurous planet

Izetta: The Last Witch

Chio's School Road (Madoka) 

OMG YES

I’m so over that sort of thing. So over it.

I can’t say I’ve watched any anime here lately that’s not done that sort of thing unfortunately. 

Like I just want something cute, wholesome and relatable. 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Blitzo said:

OMG YES

I’m so over that sort of thing. So over it.

I can’t say I’ve watched any anime here lately that’s not done that sort of thing unfortunately. 

Like I just want something cute, wholesome and relatable. 

Yes it's so annoying! 

I have seen a few LGBT animes and anime with LGBT themes/characters that are genuine and amazing 

Bloom Into You (more so the manga cuz it's complete), Kase-san (OVA and manga), and Adolescence of Utena (the film is a retelling and continuation of the story from the show).

Sweet Blue Flowers was genuine but it's in complete, gonna get the manga soon. The anime itself isn't that great, but mainly because of the fact that it's incomplete. 

Revue Starlight and Sound! Euphonium for animes that have "romance"/loving relationships that aren't as explicit. 

My Next Life as a Villainess doesn't have explicit romantic relationships, but does have genuine wholesome romantic attraction. 

Fragtime OVA is great but starts off kind of weird. Later is definitely genuine. 

Edited by Miss
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Miss said:

Yes it's so annoying! 

I have seen a few LGBT animes and anime with LGBT themes/characters that are genuine and amazing 

Bloom Into You (more so the manga cuz it's complete), Kase-san (OVA and manga), and Adolescence of Utena (the film is a retelling and continuation of the story from the show).

Sweet Blue Flowers was genuine but it's in complete, gonna get the manga soon. The anime itself isn't that great, but mainly because of the fact that it's incomplete. 

Revue Starlight and Sound! Euphonium for animes that have "romance"/loving relationships that aren't as explicit. 

My Next Life as a Villainess doesn't have explicit romantic relationships, but does have genuine wholesome romantic attraction. 

Fragtime OVA is great but starts off kind of weird. Later is definitely genuine. 

I will definitely check those out! 

My Next Life as a Villainess is still one of my top animes from last year,  just it was funny and a good watch! 

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Anyone else here love the Fate series?

I'm currently watching the original Fate/stay night anime after rewatching Fate/Zero. I had seen Unlimited Blade Works, but not the very first anime adaptation of Fate/stay night. It's interesting seeing how the newer adaptations kind of assume you've seen Fate/Zero but since this was made first, there are differences in terms of how much backstory is revealed.

I know people don't like this adaptation as much, but for completion's sake I'm watching it anyway. And then I'm gonna watch the Heaven's Feel movie trilogy because it's supposed to be a really good twist on the story that focuses on Sakura.

Edited by Prospekt

Rest In Peace Kentaro Miura. Your work and story for Berserk will always be my favorite manga/anime and it will never be forgotten.

75FD8082-7C0E-4300-AC11-0CD2E422E177.png.f5c7553167740d42963c82b272a408dd.png

I do have to admit, it was pretty sad not to see  Berserk reach its conclusion, but at least the last chapter “ended” with Casca recovering, and being with everyone. But I really want to see her and Guts together and happy again. This series has so much impacts for me personally, and I will always love it as my top anime favorite. I’m so grateful for Miura’s hard work and devotion to this series! 

87945D7A-FFDD-4F36-A86F-8DEBB44D70A0.thumb.jpeg.2097b1323a0d9e765dbca863b94d1b30.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Anyone ever get frustrated when an anime is over and it feels like there's more to the story? Like it wasn't done. 

Then you look it up and see the original source material has more left in it. It's like ugh. 

When the source material is really really long then it's like im ok with just watching the anime. Shit, if the anime is really great I just might decide to find some way to read the manga even if it's that long. (I'm sure my perception of long is different from other - for example: more than 50 episodes is long regarding anime)

I finished watching this anime: Hyouka and it's like bruh. I didn't expect to like it that much, but it was really good and now I need closure! XD

What sucks about Hyouka tho is that it's made by Kyoto Animation which is a great studio, but they have a tendency to deviate significantly from the original source material so it's like fuuuuuuu

But yea.......I'm frustrated XD

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Miss said:

Anyone ever get frustrated when an anime is over and it feels like there's more to the story? Like it wasn't done. 

Then you look it up and see the original source material has more left in it. It's like ugh. 

When the source material is really really long then it's like im ok with just watching the anime. Shit, if the anime is really great I just might decide to find some way to read the manga even if it's that long. (I'm sure my perception of long is different from other - for example: more than 50 episodes is long regarding anime)

I finished watching this anime: Hyouka and it's like bruh. I didn't expect to like it that much, but it was really good and now I need closure! XD

What sucks about Hyouka tho is that it's made by Kyoto Animation which is a great studio, but they have a tendency to deviate significantly from the original source material so it's like fuuuuuuu

But yea.......I'm frustrated XD

I can think of a few animes that did that to me nyaha~ Aoi Hana and Umineko are the biggest offenders and a big part of the reason why I tend to check twice for source material because I dive into something =w=

Sailor Moon Crystal, Umineko and Aoi Hana are stuck in limbo, possibly forever. Atleast with anime that still has an ongoing manga has hope but for these other ones it's up in the air

like a neko arc being shot out of a cannon. nyanya

1 hour ago, Pastel Heart said:

I can think of a few animes that did that to me nyaha~ Aoi Hana and Umineko are the biggest offenders and a big part of the reason why I tend to check twice for source material because I dive into something =w=

Sailor Moon Crystal, Umineko and Aoi Hana are stuck in limbo, possibly forever. Atleast with anime that still has an ongoing manga has hope but for these other ones it's up in the air

like a neko arc being shot out of a cannon. nyanya

Yea Aoi Hara and Revolutionary Girl Utena are the main animes I think of when it comes to this. 

I think the Aoi Hana story is actually complete in the manga. On my list to buy eventually (no spoilers). 

Unless you mean the anime is stuck in limbo. Like nah, that's just done. That's not gonna be touched. 

My currently watching:

Blade Runner Black Lotus

Yu-Gi-Oh Sevens

Vanguard Overdress

The Great Jahy-sama Will Not Be Defeated

Worlds Finest Assasssin Gets Reincarnated In Another World

I'm thoroughly enjoying the current season~! I just wish there were more yuri and magical girl stuff but I guess Jahy-sama has that covered? There IS a magical girl there and she basically has a harem so that works!

• 3 months later...

Joined a facebook anime server labeled with the name of my city but they only talk about is mainstream shounen anime 

:(

Edited by Miss

• 4 weeks later...

eh why not i'm bored but here are my updated anime/manga list favorites.

Top 5 in order.

1. Berserk 
  2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  3. Demon Slayer
  4. Jujutsu Kaisen 
  5. Chainsaw Man.

Last 5 in order.

1. God of High School
  2. My Hero Academia 
  3. Attack on Titan
  4. Bleach
  5. Hunter X Hunter

Honorable mentions. (Not crazy about it as my top 5, but it I love it for being the most original) 

1. One Punch Man
  2. Mob Psycho 
  3. Cyborg 009
  4. Junji Ito
  5. Sailor Moon