Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Gurran Lagann and Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. Also enjoyed Kill La Kill, Hetalia Axis Powers, Steins; Gates, Persona 4 and K-On. Not fun with Attack of the Titans, Fooly Cooly and cowboy Bepot.

Anime Characters I like are Ryuko Matoi, Satsuki Kiryuin, Chi (anime cat), Suzuha Amane, Menchi, Yuuouji Ouko and Kurisu Makise. Gurran Lagann are my favorite mecha.

• Brohoof 1

Just finished Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie. Saw it for the first time in English. I really enjoyed this one. Usually anime movies are meh or bleh, but this one was really solid. Really love the fact Naruto spends time with his parents too. Naruto has always been one the influential things in my life, so seeing this again in English really hit home for me.

Anime fight time! This round:
"They look just like us and want to eat us all!"

If a Parasite and a Ghoul got into a fight, who would win?
spoiler tag because this post is long.

In this fight each of our opponents will be an optimum of their respective species.

Parasites:
tumblr_nd517ex6vd1s5mgubo1_500.gif

Hive minded alien spores that fell to earth and took over a select unfortunate humans. They aim for the brain and consume the entire head and make it their core. They are hyper intelligent (for the most part), they learn and adapt to their surroundings. They are emotionless animals that only want to live, though living involves cannibalizing the species that they took over, in this case the human race. They are ravenous and will destroy anything that threatens their survival. They attack by unraveling their body and creating long tendrils with blades/claws on the end.
para02.jpg2.jpg
Pros: They can judge enemies, have superior senses to humans, their muscles are extremely powerful where the parasite is located, and their parasitic portions are insanely fast when attacking.

Cons: Human from the neck down, mostly stationary when attacking (they can defend against almost anything though so they don't have to move), if they took over an over weight/unhealthy human they are less powerful because they can't optimize the body.

Ways to defeat them: Decapitation, killing the human body they're attached to.

Ghouls:
tumblr_nb7l5fnpOJ1tl03too1_400.gif

A species of humanoids that live on earth and survive off of humans. They seem almost identical to humans except for their digestive system.  They are in a way "more human" than the parasites in the sense that they have emotions and often times fight one another. They all have a weapon of sorts called a Kagune which protrudes from various places on the back, some resemble tails, wings, tentacles, etc. SOme even fire projectiles like Toka. Each Ghoul is unique in its fighting style because its Kagune is unique to it. Kagunes are called various names depending on where they come from, but we could be here all day talking about that. (learn more here: http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Kagune).
Shuu_making_blade_from_his_kagune.png
Kirishima.Touka.600.1777943.jpg
Pros: Agile and move a lot, cannot be wounded by metal blades, super human senses, have a fairly fast healing spead (though depending on the wound it can take to long to save them)

Cons: Subject to emotions  (doubt, anger, rage, fear),  can get sick, are just more human.

Ways to defeat them: destroy vital organs and don't let them heal, decapitation.

Ready? FIGHT!

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1

Just finished Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie. Saw it for the first time in English. I really enjoyed this one. Usually anime movies are meh or bleh, but this one was really solid. Really love the fact Naruto spends time with his parents too. Naruto has always been one the influential things in my life, so seeing this again in English really hit home for me.

Gahh! I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had this movie, and it was only fifteen bucks. I almost bought it, but I didn't. Now I wish I would have, haha! 

Anyways, I'm currently watching Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) and loving it!  :muffins:

So....

I'm not really into anime. The most anime I'd watch is Sailor Moon when I was really young, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

But a few days ago, I came across one anime movie from the 80's- It was called Akira.

The style of it was mesmerizing to me, as I realized that this anime was the biggest influence to Gorillaz artist Jamie Hewlett. The thing I liked about this anime, is that it didn't have that typical anime feel to it. It basically had the same message as Stephen King's Carrie.

I don't get Elfen Lied ending -_- . Is Lucy still alive. 

spoilers ahead

yes, she is still alive and she comes back to the guy she loves, with both of those things in her head missing

• Brohoof 1

I finished 'Hokuto no Ken' last week and watched the movie on Friday.

Overall an awesome series, it had some dodgy animation at times, but had some badass moments like so.

Also it might be the most I've cried from an anime, many emotional moments.

I'm just hyped for eva 4.0, i really liked 2.0 and 3.0 was okay

Switch 2.0 and 3.0 around and you have my reaction. That third movie is the one that made me properly interested in Rebuild.  :P

By the way, get used to calling the upcoming fourth movie Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, because our overlord Anno is clearly not done trying to drive us insane.

Switch 2.0 and 3.0 around and you have my reaction. That third movie is the one that made me properly interested in Rebuild.  :P

By the way, get used to calling the upcoming fourth movie Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, because our overlord Anno is clearly not done trying to drive us insane.

I bet everyone is going to die in the end and everything is going to blow up and there's gonna be a lot of crosses.

• Brohoof 1

I bet everyone is going to die in the end and everything is going to blow up and there's gonna be a lot of crosses.

Sounds quite likely. But I hope it goes weirder. 

What I love about it is that it could conceivably go anywhere. I've joked around with a friend that it would end with Shinji competing with Ramiel in a tennis tournament, or feature a scene where Unit-01 and Unit-02 perform a dance routine to Beyonce's Single Ladies. Honestly, those sound about as plausible as any other theory at this juncture. x3

Sounds quite likely. But I hope it goes weirder. 

What I love about it is that it could conceivably go anywhere. I've joked around with a friend that it would end with Shinji competing with Ramiel in a tennis tournament, or feature a scene where Unit-01 and Unit-02 perform a dance routine to Beyonce's Single Ladies. Honestly, those sound about as plausible as any other theory at this juncture. x3

He's probably going to give us a bad ending on purpose.

He'd probably get death threats, again.

He's probably gotten death threats for 3.0, considering the largely negative reaction that film drew. Anime fans can be a prickly bunch, after all. I doubt it fazes him though. He probably hasn't cared since 1997.  :P

• Brohoof 1

In anime, I prefer fantasy or sci-fi themed. Such as:

Claymore, Naruto, Kanokon, Ghost in the Shell, Ikki Tousen, Haiyore! Nyaruko, Kill la Kill, Read or Die, Soul Eater. To name a few. Uh! Also Miyazaki's and Studio Gibli's masterpieces.

I also like Slice of life style anime. Long before MLP, hehe. Such as:

Lucky Star, Joshiraku, Magical Pokan, Ah My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo, Dog Days, Bamboo Blade, Acchi Kocchi and so on.

I also like crazy stuff like Hellsing Ultimate and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

• Brohoof 1