Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Just got done watching Elfen Lied. I'm also in to DBZ, DBGT, Popotan, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Chobits, Big O, Gundom Wing, and the list gos on. The show that got me in to anime was DBZ I think I started watching it around during some point in the Frieza Saga and I was like "This is sooo cooool!".

I'm not a huge fan of anime ( love anime, I just don't go out of my way to watch a whole series very often). There has been a few that have really caught and held my attention, Dragon ball, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon when I was younger, and tengen toppa gurren lagann (Probably my favorite, to those who have seen it "Your's is the drill that will pierce the heavens!")

I do watch quite a lot of anime, mainly mecha and mahou shoujo. I loved Madoka. The list of anime I've watched/am watching is way too long to put up here, but I've watched a fair few of the more well known mecha shows (Getter Robo, Mazinger, Gundam, etc.) as well as some less known ones. Don't know what it is with me and mecha.

I used to watch my share of anime, but lately it's non existent...

Off the top of my head... Samurai champloo, Gundam wing, a little DBZ (only the earlier saga's), Wolf Brigade, Ghost in the shell... But i dont touch series like Bleach and One piece, they just seem to go on and on, i'd have a lot of catching up to do at this point. :lol:

There are also some old timey reboots like Tetsujin-28 go, for the nostalgia factor it's pretty fun. I believe it was the first ever japanese anime that featured a giant robot.

It probably is a stereotypical answer but that's what I see when I look into animes, they tend to seem like that.

It depends on what anime you look at. Besides, your original comment before you edited it, accused anime makers of a purely disgusting criminal activity. Although you removed the original, your nasty comment is still visible in a couple people's quotes.

It depends on what anime you look at. Besides, your original comment before you edited it, accused anime makers of a purely disgusting criminal activity. Although you removed the original, your nasty comment is still visible in a couple people's quotes.

ah yes, memories of the good ol' anime thread arguments.

Good times...good times

ah yes, memories of the good ol' anime thread arguments.

Good times...good times

Indeed, LRP, indeed. We had ourselves some good times in this thread. :)

You still need to check out Spice and Wolf, by the way.

• Brohoof 2

Indeed, LRP, indeed. We had ourselves some good times in this thread. :)

You still need to check out Spice and Wolf, by the way.

We've come a long way! :)

Yeah, I went to watch it a few times this week but my incredible levels of laziness prevented me from typing it into the search bar :P

I'll try to get to it soon xD

The show is decent, but like I said before the book is where the story truly shines.

eh I'm too lazy to type the name into a search bar...I doubt I have the patience for reading the dang thing! :P

Though if I do really enjoy the anime I'll look into the book.

Let me see:

Hamtaro,yu-gi-oh,Dr.slump,Dragon ball sagas,Captain tsubasa,Black Lagoon,Magic Knight Rayearth,Beyblade,Pokemon S1,Sailor Moon,Saints tail,Escaflowne,The Moomins,Saint Seiya,Slayers,Valkyria Chronicles,Jojo's Bizarre Adventure,Cardcaptors Sakura,Super Pig,Candy candy,Digimon S1-S4,Monster rancher,Lupin III,Vandread,Gokusen,Samurai Deeper Kyo, Samurai 7, Haruhi Suzumiya,Hellsing,Trigun,Cowboy Bebop,Birdie The Mighty,Hand Maid May,Grenadier,Azumanga Daioh,Devil May Cry,Ghost In the Shell,Hanaukyo Maid Tai,ikkitousen,Medabots,Moncolle Knights,Ranma 1/2,ToloveRum,Kodomo No Jikan.

I'll Stop There cause I'm getting bored of typing.

• Brohoof 1

Ranma 1/2

Inuyahsa

Dragonball/Z/GT

Lucky Star

Oron Highschool Host Club

TMo Haruhi Suzimya

Death Note

Tokyo Mew Mew

Sonic X

Claymore

Fruits Basket

Yugioh

Pokemon

Medabots

i forget others....

Since this is an anime thread (that I made :) ), anypony going to Metrocon at the Tampa convention center in Florida? I'm going there with my band as Stein from Soul Eater :3.

I would advise that everyone let dead drama remain dead, and to not derail the thread. Thank you.

Speaking of which, for the sake of keeping my own post on topic,

Fate/Zero thus far has been quite good; much better than the Fate/Stay Night anime, which was handled extremely poorly in my opinion, and was unable to live up to the source material in any way shape or form. The fact that it was produced by Ufotable (of Kara no Kyoukai fame) only makes matters sweeter.

• Brohoof 2