Lonely love. Bronies liking unpopular ponies

ManaMinori

Do you guys have a pony or non pony FiM that you like that is so unpopular or underappreciated, that it seems like you're the only one who likes them, with no one to talk to, who also likes that character?

What has made you fall for that character?

For me, it's Star Dreams, a toyline only pony. Feels like I'm the only one who loves her, and I really fell in love with her due to her appearance.

• Brohoof 3

Star Dreams, huh? Sadly I've never heard of her.. It kind of sucks how the toyline ponies never get any story. Maybe someone should write up backstories for them? I don't think the Spa Ponies, Aloe and Lotus get the love they deserve. They're barely ever seen in fanart, but they look so awesome!

• Brohoof 2

I like Nurse Redheart. We haven't seen her since season 2 (except for one background shot of her in the last season)

• Brohoof 2

Star Dreams, huh? Sadly I've never heard of her.. It kind of sucks how the toyline ponies never get any story. Maybe someone should write up backstories for them? I don't think the Spa Ponies, Aloe and Lotus get the love they deserve. They're barely ever seen in fanart, but they look so awesome!

most people haven't. She's only been released 3 times, so she's pretty rare, to boot. And lacking those character cards you get in blind bags, that have the flavor text on them, to provide a glimpse of the pony's personality, leaves her without a trace of characterization.

But she's adorable, and has a fanclub. I'm the only fan, though.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/148656-star-dreams-fanclub/

Aloe and Lotus, huh? I vaguely recall liking them, at some point. Guess it kinda waned. Shame they don't get more love. I do like their accents. Clearly they're not from Equestria, with accents like that.

• Brohoof 1

Well...

I, for one, happen to like/love/adore almost every pony there is.

But I'd like to see more of Cheerilee, since she is cute and has quite a sense of humour (as seen in S02E17).

And as we are talking "unpopular"... Y'all be assured I wanna see more of dem mighty fine sugarcube ;-)

Greetings from Munich,

Dennis

• Brohoof 2

I am a fan of the new Backgroundponies, especially the Unicorns from canterlot (but also others). And This characters are not so populare as the older Backgroundponies. So I guess that would fits. Here a list, which I wrote in another thread, of my personal favorites: Link

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

If we are going to talk about really really really unpopular characters, than Flash Sentry really fits the bill for me.

For starters I have always liked his design and his voice, even during the first few movies, back when I didn't really care much for him.

Than I kinda got fed up with all of the hatred he received from the fandom, and even if he isn't one of my favorite characters of all time or anything, I started wanting to defend him.

I generally thought that his scene in Friendship Games with Sci Twi and being comforted by Derpy was pretty cute, and I was happy to see his short which had nothing to do with Twilight or romance and gave him a little bit of development.

But at this point like before Legend of Everfree I was mostly liking him ironically, until he got some decent development in the 4th movie talking to Sunset and trying to move on from his failed romance with Twilight, and starting a friendship with Sunset.

Now I can say that I like him unironically.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

I really like Flim and Flam, yet most of the fandom seems to dislike them, at least around me. I think they just might be some of the best antagonists this show ever had (antagonists, not villians) and I especially like how perfectly they work as a foil for Applejack, who is otherwise..... not that interesting character, in my opinion (to all Applejack fans: I am very sorry, it's just my opinion)

I really like Flim and Flam, yet most of the fandom seems to dislike them, at least around me. I think they just might be some of the best antagonists this show ever had (antagonists, not villians)

I like the Flim and Flam Brothers, too.