Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introvert, Ambivert or Extrovert?

Gone Airbourne

• 1 year later...

Always been a complete introvert. It's not that I hate being around people, but I generally need a lot of time to myself.

• Brohoof 2

I am definitely an introvert. I prefer to keep to myself 99% of the time, and all my social needs are met through work and over the internet.

Though I do see the benefits of being social for sure, and have come a long way in being able to socialize over the years.

• Brohoof 1

Introvert. I like talking to/spending time with my family and friends and would miss doing so if I became unable to, but I also physically need to be alone for at least a little bit every day and I look forward to any opportunity I get to do that. I can force myself to be social too, but it drains my energy very quickly.

Edited by daviddaviddavid

• 1 month later...

I would say I'm introverted but I'm not so introverted that I'm a hermit. I love having close friendships and having discord calls with friends and maybe even hanging out with a friend or two in person, though I haven't done something like that in a while. I used to have in person friend but those friends never treated me like a friend. :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm an introvert. I know that, but I did some online tests too, like the 16 personality one and my introversion level was always at least 90%. :ButtercupLaugh: I was 100% born this way and it's my nature, so I can't change that. Was having discussions about this with many people and most of them feel the same way or similar, while a few others were able to change. Being an introvert has many benefits, so I'm overall happy with it. There are many things that I simply don't need. But I love people. To me it would be enough to just be happily, peacefully together - I don't need to talk much.

The bad aspects of the introversion are pretty much only connected to the social stuff. My battery drains very quickly and I need to be alone a lot. When the battery is full, things are definitely very nice and enjoyable. :coco: This is something you can probably only understand when you are an introvert yourself. The feel of complete exhaustion. It can even give you strong headaches. Or the feel of unfulfillment. The introversion was also partly the reason for a strong depression I had. And I thought people would be better/happier without me. What can I even offer, right? As a quiet person. "Everyone" talks so much, having fun times, laugh. And I'm just there like: :sealed:

But in the end, only one thing matters. To you accept yourself the way you are. This is what I learned. You can't get along with everyone, but the right people will appreciate you and accept you the way you are. Only that matters.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sven Utacien said:

I'm an introvert. I know that, but I did some online tests too, like the 16 personality one and my introversion level was always at least 90%. :ButtercupLaugh: I was 100% born this way and it's my nature, so I can't change that. Was having discussions about this with many people and most of them feel the same way or similar, while a few others were able to change. Being an introvert has many benefits, so I'm overall happy with it. There are many things that I simply don't need. But I love people. To me it would be enough to just be happily, peacefully together - I don't need to talk much.

The bad aspects of the introversion are pretty much only connected to the social stuff. My battery drains very quickly and I need to be alone a lot. When the battery is full, things are definitely very nice and enjoyable. :coco: This is something you can probably only understand when you are an introvert yourself. The feel of complete exhaustion. It can even give you strong headaches. Or the feel of unfulfillment. The introversion was also partly the reason for a strong depression I had. And I thought people would be better/happier without me. What can I even offer, right? As a quiet person. "Everyone" talks so much, having fun times, laugh. And I'm just there like: :sealed:

But in the end, only one thing matters. To you accept yourself the way you are. This is what I learned. You can't get along with everyone, but the right people will appreciate you and accept you the way you are. Only that matters.

I actually got curious about my personality type so I decided to take that personality test and apparently I'm an INFP or Mediator. As far as introvertedness goes, I'm 31% extraverted and 69% introverted. I guess I'm not as introverted as I thought hehe but I find it funny that it says for the "Identity" portion that I'm 0% assertive and 100% turbulent. :adorkable:

25 minutes ago, Scarlet02 said:

I actually got curious about my personality type so I decided to take that personality test and apparently I'm an INFP or Mediator. As far as introvertedness goes, I'm 31% extraverted and 69% introverted. I guess I'm not as introverted as I thought hehe but I find it funny that it says for the "Identity" portion that I'm 0% assertive and 100% turbulent. :adorkable:

Wow, 100%! Do you feel like this is true? Is the description of the mediator fitting?

The first two times I was an architect, but the last two times I was a virtuoso. I wonder what changed over time. :fluttershy: I actually still have a screenshot of the scores, haha. Do you still have yours, we could exchange if you want. :squee:

24 minutes ago, Sven Utacien said:

Wow, 100%! Do you feel like this is true? Is the description of the mediator fitting?

The first two times I was an architect, but the last two times I was a virtuoso. I wonder what changed over time. :fluttershy: I actually still have a screenshot of the scores, haha. Do you still have yours, we could exchange if you want. :squee:

Yeah I think so since I'm not used to standing up for myself or raising my voice, though I will if it's someone I'm familiar. Also we can exchange scores! I had an email sent to me so I could hold onto the scores. Do you wanna private message them? :eager:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Ocean Breeze I feel you there. I would say I'm more talkative when people aren't seeing my face since I start to get nervous when it's via a video call or in person. The only people I don't get too nervous around in person are my boyfriend, my mom, and any other close family relatives. Aside from that... I can be a real scaredy cat sometimes when it comes to social interactions hehe.

@Rainbowshine295 Yeah that was definitely me sometimes in class but I tried to pay attention as much as I could. If it was just a lecture about something not important or related to the subject matter, then I would definitely daydream a bit. I usually thought about what I was gonna do when I got home and it usually involved video gaming in some way. I was a lot more introverted back in my highschool days so I hated any sort of social interaction. Now... I'm kind of the opposite hehe.

I think I already said what I am on here but I'm sort of in the middle. I'm not an extreme social butterfly but I'm not a hermit that hates social interaction either. If you would of asked me this question five years ago... then I would of said that I'm 100% introverted which isn't the case anymore thankfully.

• Brohoof 1