gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

Mewtwo should've been replaced with Ridley, and Lucario with just about anyone.

I agree......TBH, I was extremely disappointed Mewtwo was removed from Brawl.   However, for him to return in the next title would be great, that way it would be somewhat of a rivally between Mewtwo and Lucario.  

@Brighty

Love the Avatar Pic, :D

(edited)

I haven't played Brawl in such a long time. I currently have the first and last SSB games (gave away Melee to a relative). Brawl is definitely my favorite with all the things you could do with it. Plus, you can pretty much get all the characters without all those tricky requirements by playing Adventure mode!

My favorite character is Luigi, especially in Brawl with his special smash move (get into the groooove!!), making all my victims dance before I "1up" them. Fox is also a good fast character, though his smash move is overpowered. I mean seriously? A landmaster on the battlefield? Not very fair  >_> .

Characters that should have been kept or added to Brawl: Mewtwo, Tails, Shadow.

Characters that should be destroyed: Lucas, Pikmin, duplicate or similar forms of a character, like Pichu, toon and young link.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Woo! I am so pumped out for this game! :D Little Mac looks AWESOME!

And if I'm not mistaken, Yoshi's New Island will be released soon! That means, assuming they stick to the pattern, that Yoshi should be the next returning character!

In other news...anypony want Wonder Red as a new character? :3

(edited)

My favorite character is Luigi, especially in Brawl with his special smash move (get into the groooove!!), making all my victims dance before I "1up" them. Fox is also a good fast character, though his smash move is overpowered. I mean seriously? A landmaster on the battlefield? Not very fair  >_> .

Flying people off the top of the screen with Falco's landmaster was way too funny, especially when they're "invincible" from just having spawned.  :catface:

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 2

Flying people off the top of the screen with Falco's landmaster was way too funny, especially when they're "invincible" from just having spawned. :catface:

Oh yes, also that :P, or blocking them from grabbing the ledge, leading them to fall to their death.

• 5 weeks later...

Not a whole lot of Smash Bros. hype I see... 

So, like, today, they showed, like a new item and stuff. It, like, blows wind and players and goes haywire when dropped and whatnot. Sounds awesome for parties. And I'm guessing it's from that new Zelda game ( I haven't played it yet).

Oh, and they showed another stage the other day. I didn't save the pic and I don't think they revealed the name of it so... You can probably dig it up somewhere if you're really that interested in it.

And they showed this a long, long time ago (or, at least, what feels like a long time ago); they've brought back the bumper and it's got a new design. The homerun bat and, I think, the ray gun also got makeovers. 

And of course, in case you missed it, the April fool's joke post was the Ridley reveal. Ridley's just a stage hazard, not playable. So sorry.

You all may have already known all of this and just thought it wasn't worth any discussion; I just felt like it had to be posted.

I always liked Mewtwo back in melee, and in brawl Lucario was an obvious replacement for him.

I know fans has been moaning for mewtwo to be back, but seeing Lucario again doesn't give me much hopes.

...This "Lucario replaced Mewtwo" talk needs to die.

You know what character was only allowed in Brawl late and thus cut short work on a few characters(the so called forbidden 7)?

Sonic. The only character that was added after him was Wolf(who while pretty much unique is pretty similar in model to Fox).

At least direct it at the right character- Sonic.

As much hate as Lucario seems to get, I actually don't mind him becoming a veteran. Actually, he's become one of my favorite characters in Brawl, and I think his moves a a lot more practical than Mewtwo's.... except maybe his side + B move, which is basically another throw. I'm not saying I'm glad he replaced Mewtwo. I liked them both, but I'm not getting my hopes up about seeing Mewtwo again anytime soon. 

Very much so. Super eager for the latest installments, I've already preordered them.

Same, what are your thoughts on the newcomers so far? also did you here about the Direct on tuesday?

Only have Melee (got a Gamecube JUST for SSB)....though, it's no fun having a husband who isn't into games. I do plan on getting the 3DS version ....Pikachu ALL THE WAY

when I get really bored (and lonely), I set 4 cpu's against one another, all the same character....just to annoy myself (especially Pichu, that thing's sound annoys the crap out of me)

I'll hopefully tune in to the Direct. The newcomers haven't really phased me. I've always stuck with good ol' Pikachu, and don't really need anything else. :P

Yeah, I'm there and did you here about Pikachu's tweak?

Only have Melee (got a Gamecube JUST for SSB)....though, it's no fun having a husband who isn't into games. I do plan on getting the 3DS version ....Pikachu ALL THE WAY

when I get really bored (and lonely), I set 4 cpu's against one another, all the same character....just to annoy myself (especially Pichu, that thing's sound annoys the crap out of me)

Don't worry, SSB4 will most definitely have Online like Brawl(you missed out btw Sonicftw!)

Yeah, I'm there and did you here about Pikachu's tweak?

Don't worry, SSB4 will most definitely have Online like Brawl(you missed out btw Sonicftw!)

nope...

and I don't get internet where I live, and don't play games at work...so I'm S.O.L there

nope...

and I don't get internet where I live, and don't play games at work...so I'm S.O.L there

Dang, anyway pikachu's tweak was that his Down special now does a meteor smash with the ThunderCloud

Hello there.

I'm excited for the new characters and gameplay changes. I also plan on getting both the 3DS and Wii U versions, too.

Same, but I'm gonna need a crap-ton of money, I've got to get 2 3ds versions

• Brohoof 1

Been a big fan of Smash Bros. since the original on the N64. Mario, Fox and Link are my top three.

I'm definitely hyped for the upcoming releases. I'll probably get both copies just to play on all of the stages.

I was really happy when they announced Rosalina and Little Mac. They both have unique play styles that will be fun to master.