gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

So I finally watched the invitational. I wasn't a huge fan of the commentators but I laughed pretty hard at "maximum Greninja"  :lol:

That's definitely the unofficial name for that final smash. It's also kind of funny how they had to avoid saying "kill" instead of K.O. Also, turns out I was right about Little Mac's KO punch: it just has a ton of knockback; Someone definitely survived it when they were hit at 0%. I know; I'm good :comeatus:. 

Holy stomboli, did you guys see the trailer for Lady Palutena joining the fight? That opening anime was insane.

I thought it was interesting that it was anime at all. All in all, I thought it was just kind of okay. If I ever felt like watching that trailer again, I'd probably just skip the anime part entirely.

(edited)

Okay, I think I've lightened up to Pac-man. After hearing about them talking about "the 4 gaming giants in combat" or something like that, I'm surprised I haven't noticed this before. Another reason is probably because I was expecting a much worse design for him. I can now appreciate the addition of Pac-man.

"Probably because it's Pac-man, literally, it's Pac-man and it changed the course of the gaming market when it came out, 'cause it's FUCKING PAC-MAN!!!!"

Edited by Mars Caramel
  • Brohoof 1

The only thing that concerns me is that I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of people playing as Goku Miis now.  And then Salty Bets replaces M.U.G.E.N. with Smash for its stream.

But remember that Sakurai said Mii's cannot be used online worldwide, but only when fighting friends online. That shouldn't be an issue.

But I agree with you. I think the Mii's are looking great. Might actually use it often.

Ah, I must have missed that.

I'm gonna head to Best Buy to play the demo in a bit.  My brother is a competitive Smash player and already gave me his impressions, I'll come back with mine later.

In nearly every Smash game so far they've added characters for franchises that stuck around. Sonic's back so does that mean a new Sonic character will appear? I sincerely hope that there are unlockable characters that they've yet to show. I hate knowing everything before I even buy the game.

• 1 month later...

Captain falcon, Robin and lucina have been announced, chrom has been deconfirmed.

I don't know who Robin or lucina are, I know that they are from fire emblem, but I have never played fire emblem.

they look awesome though.

• 2 weeks later...

eGSSliA.jpg

I'm quite interested to see just how much weaker he is this time. We already know his move set will be changed thanks to there no longer being a gliding mechanic.

Also took notice to a cool touch added to his gloves with the metal plating.

Edited by Felix

Captain falcon, Robin and lucina have been announced, chrom has been deconfirmed.

I don't know who Robin or lucina are, I know that they are from fire emblem, but I have never played fire emblem.

they look awesome though.

Lucina and Robin are from Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS

Also, Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash, so technically he's only deconfirmed as a character.

img-2971968-1-eGSSliA.jpg

I'm quite interested to see just how much weaker he is this time. We already know his move set will be changed thanks to there no longer being a gliding mechanic.

Also took notice to a cool touch added to his gloves with the metal plating.

I'm going to miss that gliding mechanic. It was pretty fun to use, though I'll admit it was overpowered when used in combination of is up-special.

So apparently Meta Knights new move is to spin twice in succession slashing his opponents.

post-6662-0-01743200-1407971331_thumb.jpg

It's an effective more technical move that if used right can do quick work and damage.

• Brohoof 1

Why? Because he was broken, or do you just not like him?

A little of both, but mostly the former. For me he was really cheap and was never fun fighting him

A little of both, but mostly the former. For me he was really cheap and was never fun fighting him

Well, Nintendo got A LOT of complaints about it, so they probably fixed him. Don't wry!

I'm going to miss that gliding mechanic. It was pretty fun to use, though I'll admit it was overpowered when used in combination of is up-special.

I could never figure out how to do that gliding thing....

daily-en.jpg?date=1408497632527

So this is a new costume for Zero Suit Samus... I was a little surprised when I went on the smash website today and saw this.

I know these games are rated T, but still. I'm not hating on it, I actually really like it, but it's just a little... odd I guess.

img-3001278-1-daily-en.jpg

So this is a new costume for Zero Suit Samus... I was a little surprised when I went on the smash website today and saw this.

I know these games are rated T, but still. I'm not hating on it, I actually really like it, but it's just a little... odd I guess.

They're homages to ending art from Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission! Not any odder than the usual sort of alt costume if you ask me. :P

Anyway, a few leak pics came out recently which may or may not be true(potential huge roster/stage spoilers):

leakers.jpg

I really want it to be true, since it potentially confirms the two characters I want most in this game... but again, no promises here yet. :wacko:

PLEASE LET FALCO AND SHULK BEING IN AT LEAST BE TRUE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

@@Radiance64,

Is... Is that the fracking duck hunt dog!? (Leaker 1, near the bottom right)

EDIT: Didn't notice it was one of the picked characters as well >.<

Honestly... These could be legit. The art style for the DH Dog and Bowser Jr look pretty similar to that of the official art. Shulk looks a little off to me for some reason, but not too much. The only reason I'm doubting this more than I should is the fact that Dr.Mario is his own character. Sure tons of people wanted him, but he would've been fine as an alt skin. 

There are a couple other smaller things that put me on the fence, like how no new DK character was added but Bowser Jr was, and most of the DLC characters (Why make old characters DLC? With two being clones, and one being not exactly popular?). Honestly though, I'd probably be happy with this roster. Just a few things off putting about it.

Edited by Ampharos

They're homages to ending art from Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission! Not any odder than the usual sort of alt costume if you ask me. :P

Anyway, a few leak pics came out recently which may or may not be true(potential huge roster/stage spoilers):

img-3007583-2-leakers.jpg

I really want it to be true, since it potentially confirms the two characters I want most in this game... but again, no promises here yet. :wacko:

PLEASE LET FALCO AND SHULK BEING IN AT LEAST BE TRUE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :unsure:

The only reason I want this to be real is simply because Snake will still be in, even if it's DLC. But I'm calling bullshit