gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

(edited)

I don't actually mind clones very much. I believe it actually makes sense if some characters are clones. Take Mario and Luigi for example, throughout the whole Mario series, Luigi served as a 2nd player character with similar or even exact abilities. Also, if you like playing this character, but you don't like its stats such as a slower speed but high power, you can play this other character who's like the previous, but with stats more suited for you.

However, I don't like the cloning of Capt. Falcon and Ganondorf, and the whole thing about giving Fox, Falco and Wolf the same moveset was a very bad idea. I enjoy playing Fox, but this whole thing is just ridiculous.

But what I was talking about in that post was, if they still decide to make a character similar to Link, but smaller, faster and less powerful, I think they should bring back Young Link.

Yes, but the difference between the Mario bros clones us that they gave Luigi a similar moveset, but was still quite individual. Luigi still got his own moves, such as the rocket and spinning moves, and his final smash was VERY different from Mario's! I am ok with cloning on the condition that the characters still have slightly different movesets. Edited by DJ-BRONI3
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

you got that right Mars but the only thing that hits me other then the Coloning Prob in the game is that for the in Super Smash Bros they are adding MegaMan not X i think people would want X more... But as for Stages hmm if i wanted a Stage added to the game it would have to be this. But it edited for Battle. and if i had a Char added it would be Richter Belmont! Here's Final Smash would be He Up's him self useing the Flame Whip then uses Hydro Strome!

cvsotn_screen.jpg

Edited by SurprisalPie

(edited)

I just wanna see Ghirahim as a newcomer, I mean.. He looks so bloody awesome and he has a good arsenal of skills fit for a SSB game.

img-1562180-1-ssb4_banner__ghirahim_by_p

YES! That would be the one of the greatest characters in the roster if he was introduced! :D He's a much more interesting villain than Gandondorf! He could have quite a few interesting attacks too!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

2.  Why is it still (mostly) Twilight Princess Link? sad.png  There seems to be a tiny bit of Skyward Sword design influence but it's predominantly the Link of Twilight Princess.  I'm very much hoping for Skyward Link to be an alternate costume similar to Wario's classic look in Brawl.

Yeah, that bothered me too. I went in thinking they would opt for Skyward Sword's Link, but then I noticed that the Link in the trailer was left handed; Skyward Sword's Link is right handed. I guess they just decided to stick with the usual Link look.

And while I'm on the subject, I wonder what they will do for Zelda.  The Zelda from Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda so far, but I think they'll might just stick with the Twilight Princess look if Link is using that look. And what would they do with Sheik's design if they didn't.

Oh God no! this is precisely what Sakurai wants to avoid! more clones...you can be sure that Young Link won't be back! I know very little of the Zelda franchise, but I heard that Tingle has been a very popular choice.

I'm pretty sure that Link will be back with Zelda, I am not so sure about Ganondorf. They will have another character for sure, but this one will be recent, from the Twilight Princess saga or the Skyward Sword saga. 

I've seen some good movesets for both that make them decloned. One I liked in particular was one of Young Link being able to switch between different masks

I'm still nearly certain that they are going to make game exclusive characters. I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I heard something like this somewhere. I'm just guessing with Mega Man and Villager, and I'd prefer them all to be in both games, but I have a feeling they'll do this for "variety".

We have confirmation from nintendo that neither version will have exclusive characters, but exclusive stages.

Yeah, they were even more cloned! img-1550503-1-tongue.png Still, they could have done something SLIGHTLY different like they did with Luigi. While he was similar to Mario, he still had a couple of different attacks to his brother, which I thought were pretty good! Even if they'd made some variety for Ganondorf/ Starfox characters, I would have been happy enough! The most annoying thing was Fox, Falco and Wolf all had Landmaster final smashes. At least Gandodorf's was different to Captain Falcon's!

...Wolf is not a clone. Period. You can shout about his specials and Landmaster all day, it doesn't change the fact that he shared nothing else with Fox nor Falco.

Jigglypuff shares more than that(8 moves, to be precise) with Kirby. Guess we have to cut Jiggs!

...Wolf is not a clone. Period. You can shout about his specials and Landmaster all day, it doesn't change the fact that he shared nothing else with Fox nor Falco.

Jigglypuff shares more than that(8 moves, to be precise) with Kirby. Guess we have to cut Jiggs!

Wolf is still widely considered a clone of the two. Just because his specials use different effects from Fox's and Falco's, they're still intended to be similar attacks. And stats don't exactly add to it, do they?

Even though Jigglypuff shares a few abilities with Kirby, (such as flight and a few normal attacks) that isn't enough to make me consider them clones.

I don't actually mind clones very much. I believe it actually makes sense if some characters are clones. Take Mario and Luigi for example, throughout the whole Mario series, Luigi served as a 2nd player character with similar or even exact abilities. Also, if you like playing this character, but you don't like its stats such as a slower speed but high power, you can play this other character who's like the previous, but with stats more suited for you.

However, I don't like the cloning of Capt. Falcon and Ganondorf, and the whole thing about giving Fox, Falco and Wolf the same moveset was a very bad idea. I enjoy playing Fox, but this whole thing is just ridiculous.

But what I was talking about in that post was, if they still decide to make a character similar to Link, but smaller, faster and less powerful, I think they should bring back Young Link.

Don't take me wrong! I like debate and I find your entire post ridiculous! at this point clones don't make sense at all, and Sakurai confirmed it, saying that Mario and Luigi are clones is out of place!

all Luigi's tilts have more knockback that Mario's except for the dtilt that has combo potential, Mario and Luigi's only killing grab is that bthrow and Luigi's more powerful, the other ones are  pretty similar, but Luigi again has more knockback.

Luigi's fsmash attack kills at low percent and it send you flying upwards while Mario's send you in a 45 degree fashion. Luigi's dsmash is more powerful than Mario's but Mario might kill faster at the edge because it has horizonal knockback. Luigi's usmash is more powerful that Mario's easily.

Let's move to the aerials, Luigi's nair is completely different that Mario's. Luigi's has 100% vertical knockback! and if it is sweetspotted it kills at low percent, with Mario is different, it's knockback is diagonal and it's not a very reliable move. Luigi's fair has very little knockback but it has very little delay, on the other hand, Mario's is slower, but stronger and has tremendous spike capabilities! Both Mario and Luigi's bair and uair are very similar but Luigi's has more knockback, and Mario's dair hits multiple times while Luigi's hits only once and has great vertical knockback and if it connects correctly can be used as a spike.

I'm not even gonna talk about the special moves because they pretty different.

Same to Wolf, Falco and Fox, they feel very different when you play them, and I'm sure that Falco will be back, not so sure about Wolf, but I have the feeling that Wolf will stay with the addition of Krystal!

I've seen some good movesets for both that make them decloned. One I liked in particular was one of Young Link being able to switch between different masks

Same as Pichu, he was a very weak and shitty version of Pikachu and while they felt pretty different, they were so equal at the same time. However I loved using Pichu :3

(edited)
Don't take me wrong! I like debate and I find your entire post ridiculous! at this point clones don't make sense at all, and Sakurai confirmed it, saying that Mario and Luigi are clones is out of place!

all Luigi's tilts have more knockback that Mario's except for the dtilt that has combo potential, Mario and Luigi's only killing grab is that bthrow and Luigi's more powerful, the other ones are  pretty similar, but Luigi again has more knockback.

Luigi's fsmash attack kills at low percent and it send you flying upwards while Mario's send you in a 45 degree fashion. Luigi's dsmash is more powerful than Mario's but Mario might kill faster at the edge because it has horizonal knockback. Luigi's usmash is more powerful that Mario's easily.

Let's move to the aerials, Luigi's nair is completely different that Mario's. Luigi's has 100% vertical knockback! and if it is sweetspotted it kills at low percent, with Mario is different, it's knockback is diagonal and it's not a very reliable move. Luigi's fair has very little knockback but it has very little delay, on the other hand, Mario's is slower, but stronger and has tremendous spike capabilities! Both Mario and Luigi's bair and uair are very similar but Luigi's has more knockback, and Mario's dair hits multiple times while Luigi's hits only once and has great vertical knockback and if it connects correctly can be used as a spike.

I'm not even gonna talk about the special moves because they pretty different.

Same to Wolf, Falco and Fox, they feel very different when you play them, and I'm sure that Falco will be back, not so sure about Wolf, but I have the feeling that Wolf will stay with the addition of Krystal!

Stats aren't exactly what come to mind when it comes to this sort of thing. The only thing that doesn't make characters exact clones is the differences in their stats. I even made a point about this about why I don't mind certain clones. But I will admit, maybe Mario and Luigi wasn't the best example of clones. They have many similar moves, but stats such as their attack power and knockback are different.

There are still some clones that I think shouldn't have been done, but I just don't mind others. I just hope people would understand what I'm saying and not try their best to prove me wrong. 

Edited by Mars Brownie

Stats aren't exactly what come to mind when it comes to this sort of thing. The only thing that doesn't make characters exact clones is the differences in their stats. I even made a point about this about why I don't mind certain clones. But I will admit, maybe Mario and Luigi wasn't the best example of clones. They have many similar moves, but stats such as their attack power and knockback are different.

There are still some clones that I think shouldn't have been done, but I just don't mind others. I just hope people would understand what I'm saying and not try their best to prove me wrong. 

if that so, then I don't understand, Fox, Falco and Wolf are very different, and the most similar in brawl's roster are C. Falcon and Ganondorf and even if they have similarities they feel so different when you play as them, I prefer Ganondorf, he has a very different strategy if you want to play as him.

If he's back I don't mind him having the same moveset.

(edited)
if that so, then I don't understand, Fox, Falco and Wolf are very different, and the most similar in brawl's roster are C. Falcon and Ganondorf and even if they have similarities they feel so different when you play as them, I prefer Ganondorf, he has a very different strategy if you want to play as him.

If he's back I don't mind him having the same moveset.

Well, yes, it does feel very different, but I believe it's just because one is slower but slightly more powerful than the other, which can heavily affect the character's strategy. Personally, I always like to go for speed over power, which would explain why Fox is my favourite over Falco and Wolf, and Capt. Falcon over Ganondorf.

Also, sorry if I caused any trouble. I just hate being the cause of even the slightest thing due to past experiences.

Edited by Mars Brownie

Well, yes, it does feel very different, but I believe it's just because one is slower but slightly more powerful than the other, which can heavily affect the character's strategy. Personally, I always like to go for speed over power, which would explain why Fox is my favourite over Falco and Wolf, and Capt. Falcon over Ganondorf.

Also, sorry if I caused any trouble. I just hate being the cause of even the slightest thing due to past experiences.

oh don't worry about it! ^_^

I love discussing things about this game it's really fun, and actually I want to see a lot of variety in the characters gameplay even if they are similiar to each others.

Wolf is still widely considered a clone of the two. Just because his specials use different effects from Fox's and Falco's, they're still intended to be similar attacks. And stats don't exactly add to it, do they?

Even though Jigglypuff shares a few abilities with Kirby, (such as flight and a few normal attacks) that isn't enough to make me consider them clones.

You are outright wrong.

Jiggs doesn't just share some abilities, it shares exact number of jumps, it shares 8 moves(as opposed to Wolf's total of 5).

And Jiggs started out sharing MORE than half her moves with Kirby, so she's essentially a clone that has gotten more unique by the game... and yet, even by the third game, Wolf is less of a clone than she is.

The only reason people consider Wolf a clone and not Jiggs is because they are either silly(ONLY B-MOVES MATTER!) or just dumb.

(edited)

You know what you cause a commotion in the gaming community, if Nintendo announced Scout being in SSB.

super_smash_bros_arl__scout_by_syafiqiqb

(Let's face it, SSB will never survive without shit like this)

Edited by PerfectBio

I just wanna see Ghirahim as a newcomer, I mean.. He looks so bloody awesome and he has a good arsenal of skills fit for a SSB game.  img-1562180-1-ssb4_banner__ghirahim_by_p

Heck yeah, put him and/or Demise in and not only will we have new Zelda villains in, but hopefully villains with better movesets than Ganondorf! Probably my 2 most wanted Zelda characters in Smash in general, besides maybe Tetra/Toon Zelda. :D

You know what you cause a commotion in the gaming community, if Nintendo announced Scout being in SSB.img-1564364-1-super_smash_bros_arl__scou (Let's face it, SSB will never survive without shit like this)

Hahaha no :P

(edited)
You are outright wrong.

Jiggs doesn't just share some abilities, it shares exact number of jumps, it shares 8 moves(as opposed to Wolf's total of 5).

And Jiggs started out sharing MORE than half her moves with Kirby, so she's essentially a clone that has gotten more unique by the game... and yet, even by the third game, Wolf is less of a clone than she is.

The only reason people consider Wolf a clone and not Jiggs is because they are either silly(ONLY B-MOVES MATTER!) or just dumb.

Please calm down. Please.

Special moves are supposed to be unique attacks that go with their character. Normals usually work the same other than animations, power and knockback, which is why they're usually out of question. You get what I'm saying? Special moves are unique attacks.

Can we all just get off the subject of clones now before something worse happens? I wanted to express my opinions without shit like this happening.

Edited by Mars Brownie

Now who is the strongest of them all?
I think we all should know by now that nothing beats a good Knee of Justice right to the face?

Cpt.Falcon!

Whats that? Your character can do magic?
Bitch please. I'm gonna falcon punch that magic out your *** :3

YES! COMON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48N8oMwqN8

YES! That would be the one of the greatest characters in the roster if he was introduced! biggrin.png He's a much more interesting villain than Gandondorf! He could have quite a few interesting attacks too!

If they are going to replace Ganondorf with him, i will be very disappointing.

I can definitely see it happening since the fanbase whines about Ganondorf being a copy out of Cpt.Falcon and since he was a major villain in the latest Zelda installment.

I don't want it to happen though!
I don't like that character as much as i like Ganondorf. Ganondorf is a legend, an immortal! He can't die!

He has been the star since the first game! No need to change him! He fits perfectly in SSB!

Bu i can see them changing either him or his moveset. 

(edited)
you got that right Mars but the only thing that hits me other then the Coloning Prob in the game is that for the in Super Smash Bros they are adding MegaMan not X i think people would want X more.

I'm one of those that would want X to instead of classic Megaman. But let's face it, it's makes more sense that X isn't in the game. I think that the classic version fits better in with the rest characters, and it would be wrong to have X since it was the classic Megaman who started everything in the first place. It's just logical.

As for the "cloning problem", I can't speak for brawl, but the difference between the clone and the original becomes more apparent the more you play with those characters. And quite frankly, they are very different in the way you play with them. Even if the attacks looks the same, they do different things. In my mind at least, that's enough to seperate them. That being said, they sure could use some more unique attacks.

Finally I would like to see the return of Mewtwo. It made no sense removing him from Brawl. He is, I think, one of the most original characters in melee. He feels so different to control from everyone else and is one of the more interesting characters to play in that game. And if the reason was because he sucked, well you got plenty of those characters in the game.

Of the top of my head: Kirby, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Pickachu, Ness, Game & Watch, Roy, Yoshi, Zelda.

And I get it, several of those are well established characters and everyone would rage if they were removed. I'm just saying.

EDIT: Btw, Wii Fit Trainer. Am I the only one who thinks that's strange?

Edited by Korven

(edited)

Please calm down. Please.

Special moves are supposed to be unique attacks that go with their character. Normals usually work the same other than animations, power and knockback, which is why they're usually out of question. You get what I'm saying? Special moves are unique attacks.

Can we all just get off the subject of clones now before something worse happens? I wanted to express my opinions without shit like this happening.

1. I'm not actually agitated. I'm just a bit harsh in my tone.

2. No, special moves are just a couple of moves like any other. I guess Sakura(Street Fighter series) is a clone as well, despite sharing only her special moves(Hadouken and Shoryuken) and absolutely nothing else. Special=/=Unique. A-movesets "Go with their character" as well, and are very important. A clone is a character that has more or less the same moveset just with different properties.

The only actual clone in Brawl was Toon Link(and his size made him incredibly different), but even then he didn't only have copied moves. The other were half-clones at best... or in the case of Wolf, a non-clone.

3. Even Wolf's some of specials were unique attacks. Wolf's Blaster is a short range physical attack that fire a medium range projectile with some decent knockback. You know which Special this most resembles? Kirby's Final Cutter. His "Fire Wolf" is nothing like the Fire Fox/Fire Bird moves, being a flying drill kick(and in the Japanese, it wasn't Fire Wolf, it was Wolf Shoot). The reflector and the aerial dash I'm willing to give, though. People fixate on the names over the function(it's not just different properties, it's altogether different moves). I was wrong to say Wolf shared 5 moves with Fox- he only shares 3. You know who else shares three moves with another character?

Samus(not Zero suit) and Sheik. They share Nair, Bair, and Uair. If Wolf is a clone, so is Sheik.

Edited by Artemis

(edited)

2. No, special moves are just a couple of moves like any other. I guess Sakura(Street Fighter series) is a clone as well, despite sharing only her special moves(Hadouken and Shoryuken) and absolutely nothing else. Special=/=Unique. A-movesets "Go with their character" as well, and are very important. A clone is a character that has more or less the same moveset just with different properties.

You're bringing up an entirely different game to back yourself up? I'm pretty sure that's not the way to go.

3. Even Wolf's some of specials were unique attacks. Wolf's Blaster is a short range physical attack that fire a medium range projectile with some decent knockback. You know which Special this most resembles? Kirby's Final Cutter.

Wolf's blaster only fires said projectile, Kirby does a sword uppercut, then fires said projectile. Nothing too identical. However, Wolf's blaster doesn't exactly function like Fox's and Falco's, so I'll leave that as it is.

His "Fire Wolf" is nothing like the Fire Fox/Fire Bird moves, being a flying drill kick(and in the Japanese, it wasn't Fire Wolf, it was Wolf Shoot).

I can't believe you think attack names, animations and effects are enough to give the impression that an attack isn't a clone of another. Wolf's "Wolf Shoot" functions just like the Fire Fox; use attack, pick a direction, then launch in said direction. They're exactly the same other than a different range and possible speed.

People fixate on the names over the function(it's not just different properties, it's altogether different moves).

Isn't that exactly what you were doing in that last quote?

Edited by Artemis

I was a local tournament winner around the time that Brawl came out, and I was always a really long-time fan of Melee. Too bad I had to sell my Wii :( My brother has one, though. I'll probably hit this up if I get the chance.

(edited)

I have bad news sad.png I just found out that Smash won't be cross compatible, it makes sense because the games shares some different stages. I'll be picking up the 3DS version first because I have a 3DS and have (as of now) no interest in getting a wii U.

Just hope, pray and wish the online is decent. sad.png

---

now, what veterans do you expect to see again in this game? we have major franchises in the trailer, super mario, zelda, metroid, keirby, kid icarus, pokemon and donkey kong? but what about yoshi? why he didn't was introduced in the trailer if he has been a default all the time? this gave me the idea that yoshi won't have the same moveset and they will make him more truthfull to his own franchise, which is really cool.

I'm pretty confident Yoshi will be back, Wario will return, Zero suit samus!, Zelda, Mr. Game & Watch, Olimar, Ice Climbers, from Kirby, I'm sure Meta Knight and King Dedede will return, from Fire Emblem, obviously Marth, but as a hidden character, but I think I don't have many hopes for Ike, maybe he will be replaced with some other swordsman, and another one from Fire Emblem that plays very different, maybe a magic using character.

From DK, I'm not so sure about Diddy, but I think he will join, and also I think we would get another DK character, being King K Rool and big favorite, but at the same time I think, we would get a DK 64 character like Lanky kong lol, these DK's friends were so memorable!

From Super Mario, we have Mario and Bowser already, Peach and Luigi will return obviously! but I have the feeling that Luigi will have a slight change of gameplay making him look like the Luigi of Luigi's Mansion, heck, I even think he'll be his own franchise XD...I think we might get more Super Mario characters, maybe 2 more, I'm crossing my fingers for Daisy!

Earthbound and F-Zero are 2 franchises that always worries me, I really don't know if C. Falcon, Ness and Lucas would be back, I feel like ness would be back, but not Lucas. also I'm not sure if Lucario, R.O.B, Jigglypuff and Toon Link would be back, being Toon Link the worst case.

I would like Lucario and R.O.B out, and for 3rd party, it's confirmed that Megaman is not the only 3rd party character, I think sonic will be back but not snake, I dunno, what if.... hmmm he gets replaced by Bayonetta since Bayonetta 2 is like REALLY CLOSE to Nintendo now....

Edited by Artemis

I just wanna see Ghirahim as a newcomer, I mean.. He looks so bloody awesome and he has a good arsenal of skills fit for a SSB game.

img-1562180-1-ssb4_banner__ghirahim_by_p

A billion yeses to this....... his skill set would be incredible, not to mention he would have a very interesting speed/power ratio.

(edited)

I have bad news img-1567955-1-sad.png I just found out that Smash won't be cross compatible, it makes sense because the games shares some different stages. I'll be picking up the 3DS version first because I have a 3DS and have (as of now) no interest in getting a wii U.

Just hope, pray and wish the online is decent. img-1567955-2-sad.png

Awww... that's unfortunate. :/

Ohh well, i think the player base for both sides will be balanced enough if not equal to make the wait time non-existent. Regarding the online functionality, i sure hope they've improved it from Brawl or else i'll be somewhat disappointed.

I'll get the 3DS and Wii U version, so that i'm able to play at home and on the run. Something that's really worth it considering how awesome the series is in general. smile.png

Edited by Artemis