Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would Shining Armor stack up to Big Mac?

ggg-2

Having been trained by the military, and seemingly helped Twilight when she was just starting to learn magic as well as projecting a barrier around the entirety of Canterlot, Shining Armor seems very formidable physically and magically. How do you think he would stack up to Big Mac who is.....well, Big Mac?

I have a feeling that this would make for an interesting friendly rivalry. A competition between the two Mane brothers. One can also imagine the interaction between Twilight and Applejack over who's got the "better brother". 

This would make for a fantastic episode this season. Or in later seasons.

• Brohoof 1

I think Big Mac would be stronger, especially since he is an Earth pony, but Shining would be good at magic. Overall Shining would be more powerful because of that, but of course I don't see them fighting any time soon, Shining is too bust with his "hobbies."

post-36168-0-80425000-1487998050_thumb.png.c9896e4e0c149e6cdd7031327efca9ea.png

Don't tell his wife.

• Brohoof 3

Mac is pyshically stronger, but Shining Armor has magic and sheilds on his side.  The two would probably give up after a while and end up playing that board game Spike enjoys.

• Brohoof 1

Big Mac is larger and quite likely stronger, both due to his size and being an Earth Pony, but Shining Armour has training and, as a bonus, magic. I'd give the edge to Shining Armour if it came to blows (not that it likely would).

To be honest I'm not entirely sure which one of them would be stronger since they both have their advantages, such as Big Mac being overall really strong and Shining Armor having all the training and magic.

14 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I have a feeling that this would make for an interesting friendly rivalry. A competition between the two Mane brothers. One can also imagine the interaction between Twilight and Applejack over who's got the "better brother". 

I'd really like to see an episode like that! There's already been an episode of sisters competing each other, so seeing brothers having something similar would definitely be entertaining to see.

Like what everyone's been saying: Shining Armor makes the best strategies, but Big Mac is most likely stronger, I mean counting he is an earth pony!

I really hope these two interact on the show one day!

People say Big Mac would have the upper hoof because he's an Earth Pony. While that may be true, i'm just gonna say two words: Bulk Biceps.

^Eeyup

If Shining gets anywhere near this mofo, he will get pwned in 2 seconds flat. Shining has the magicks tho, so we must take his ranged potential into consideration. My guess is things would be pretty close either way about it. As long as Shining is on his "A" game and doesn't let Mac near him he could take home a flawless victory.

17 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

projecting a barrier around the entirety of Canterlot, Shining Armor seems very formidable physically and magically. 

^My guess is this would be his best bet. Magical barriers OP as fuck.

Edited by ChocolateCrane

I think S.A. has the upper hand. People talk about Big Mac having more strength, but let me remind you that S.A. threw Princess Cadance up into the shy like a baseball so she could recover the falling Crystal Heart.

That considered, the two are just as strong, but S.A. having magic at his side, Big Mac is TOAST!

8 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I imagine it would end in a stalemate and Big Mac and Shining Armor would develop a friendship. One can imagine the character development and screentime this would give the two Mane 6 brothers. 

it would probably be a brother sister episode, and as a joke pinkie and maud would also compete in the competition (just trying to have fun) Twilight and AJ and their retrospectives would get real serious about winning but Pinkie and Maud would end up winning... 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking it would be an "unstoppable force meeting an immoveable object" scenario. Big Mac is super strong, but Shining could pretty much just cast a shield and sit there until one of them runs out of stamina.