Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Yup yup, the grass is gonna grow, the sun is gonna shine, the fish are gonna swim and sister, haters are gonna hate.

This image comes to mind when dealing with haters:

Posted Image

yush. c: i know i am adorable, and my friends have confirmed that fact. so why stop being adorable just because of some neeeeeighsayers in the audience?
  • Brohoof 1

ah, transsexual? well, that complicates the whole "who i am" and "call me this" thing more than in my situation. not sure what to against that, though, i'm afraid; getting something done about the transition in early-hand would very much yield the best results for you, as then you're able to force the body to start adapting and producing the other kinds of hormones so you can earn the feminine/masculine traits early on (i dunno if you're a FtM or MtF, you didn't say that), but of course, it complicates it all if you have a strict family that isn't very supporting of it.

if you're really desperate about it, try consult some help-center against this sort of thing, as well as ask about what you can do in the life-advice section of the forums (when you're able to enter it, that is; i dunno if Cupcakes can enter that section)? other than that, i can't help you very much about it, sadly. just try and pull through with it the best you can. :)

its not like a forum can help me here, in this case i just need to tell my family, but i cant (even thou 2 of them know already)

just said that im jelouse you dont have this problems XP

I am asexual. Most of the time, I find myself wishing I wasn't human at all. Humans are despicable, vile creatures with very few redeeming qualities.

why should i worry~

why should i care~ (if somebody gets the reference you have earned my respect)

Billy Joel/Oliver and Company.

Almost every time either of those sentences come up in life that is how I think them. (To the tune, you know?)

I agree that people shouldn't judge, and you shouldn't worry too much if you do. The purpose of labeling yourself as LGBTQ, etc. is to become a part of the community and sort of take on the mantel of responsibility of being a representative of the community to prove that LGBTQ people are exactly that, people.

Additionally the label makes it easier to let people know what you're into and what you enjoy. It makes dating a little easier.

I totally agree though that worrying about sexuality is kind of a lame waste of time. Unfortunately, it's a lame waste of time that is a bit necessary due to heteronormativity and sex shaming. You need to be able to accept your sexuality as a part of your social persona since it's a major arguement at this point. MAN! I'm not being eloquent today. Sorry :blush:

I am asexual. Most of the time, I find myself wishing I wasn't human at all. Humans are despicable, vile creatures with very few redeeming qualities.

Oh come on. We're cute and stylish! *pose*

Anyway, I'm just interested are you an aromantic asexual or a romantic asexual? If you're a romantic asexual how do you bring up your asexuality to partners?

• Brohoof 1

its not like a forum can help me here, in this case i just need to tell my family, but i cant (even thou 2 of them know already)

just said that im jelouse you dont have this problems XP

eh, jealous of me? i dunno, i have a number of mental problems, myself. like autism, extreme anxiety after being subjected to a crowd of a large amount of people, motivational problems about what i wanna do with my life, trouble speaking up to people, deliberately ignoring going a certain route and taking a detour just so i don't have to pass through that certain route... stuff like that. i mean, i'm sure i seem confident with my life and how i wish to control it, but i'm pretty fragile actually. chances are, if i hadn't talked to you via this forum, i probably wouldn't have given the chance to talk to you in the first place, even!

i can understand that you wish that your life would have been easier regarding sexuality in that way, but it's what makes you human and a unique person. i wouldn't want to trade away any traits of my own because then i wouldn't be "me". and i kinda like me for being me, despite the mental problems i have as a person.

Oh come on. We're cute and stylish! *pose*

Anyway, I'm just interested are you an aromantic asexual or a romantic asexual? If you're a romantic asexual how do you bring up your asexuality to partners?

Not to be mean, but statements like that are just another reason I despise humanity.

I would be an aromantic asexual. I don't really have strong feelings for people. If everyone in my family died right now, I most likely wouldn't care.

Not to be mean, but statements like that are just another reason I despise humanity.

A ) it is mean. If you want to be mean, that's cool, but own it man.

B ) You're far too serious if silly statements make you ashamed to be human.

C ) That's not a symptom of asexuality, it's a symptom of sociopathy, or extreme nihilism.

Edited by Pinkie Shy
  • Brohoof 1

A ) it is mean. If you want to be mean, that's cool, but own it man.

B ) You're far too serious if silly statements make you ashamed to be human.

C ) That's not a symptom of asexuality, it's a symptom of sociopathy, or extreme nihilism.

Yeah... That was kind of harsh on my part. I apologize.

eh, jealous of me? i dunno, i have a number of mental problems, myself. like autism, extreme anxiety after being subjected to a crowd of a large amount of people, motivational problems about what i wanna do with my life, trouble speaking up to people, deliberately ignoring going a certain route and taking a detour just so i don't have to pass through that certain route... stuff like that. i mean, i'm sure i seem confident with my life and how i wish to control it, but i'm pretty fragile actually. chances are, if i hadn't talked to you via this forum, i probably wouldn't have given the chance to talk to you in the first place, even!

i can understand that you wish that your life would have been easier regarding sexuality in that way, but it's what makes you human and a unique person. i wouldn't want to trade away any traits of my own because then i wouldn't be "me". and i kinda like me for being me, despite the mental problems i have as a person.

with those mental problems, im not only jelouse of you, i wish i was you ._.

i have depressions at least once a week since forth grade (about 8 years) (its one problem, but id prefer yours)

and i would be a unicue person even if i wasnt like that XP

thank you thou ^^

I would be an aromantic asexual. I don't really have strong feelings for people. If everyone in my family died right now, I most likely wouldn't care.

I remember being like that not too far off in the past, honestly. "Why do we HAVE to feel things towards people?" was a common question to ask myself. I'm sure plenty of people have that mentality. Humans, and all animals really, can be very disgusting at times. We can also be very lovely and pleasant, too. I think somewhere when I was 20, maybe 21, something began to change in my head. One day, I could care less if the world died. Humans deserved to be wiped off the Earth. The next day, "Why can't I hold all these feels?" really though, I can't explain it myself. Today, I love and tolerate the hay out of everypony. Maybe it's a part of that "advanced frontal lobe development" most people get in their early twenties.

Oh, right...the point of my post. Darn it, I guess I felt the need to post that without reason. Haha! Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if you should equate transexuality with mental issues. I understand what you mean, because the inner distresses caused by having to hide it do cause similar problems, but I'm wary of equating it with a mental illness because it creates a precedent where the discourse about transexuality is medicalized and viewed as a disorder rather than a completely OK sexual orientation.

Edited by Pinkie Shy

with those mental problems, im not only jelouse of you, i wish i was you ._.

i have depressions at least once a week since forth grade (about 8 years) (its one problem, but id prefer yours)

and i would be a unicue person even if i wasnt like that XP

thank you thou ^^

trust me, i don't think you'd want to have my traits. they might seem small and petty in text, but IRL, they have halted me for pretty much my whole life. if i were to describe it in a good way: imagine that almost everything you like to do, want to do, or have to do, have this mental barrier in front of it, just about 1 meter tall in length. now add another meter to the barrier, then another one, and then add barbed wire to the barrier. now, everytime you want to go outside and, say, just bunny-skip forward like that, you'll have to first pass through a 3 meter tall barrier with barbed wire on it. everytime you take a leap, and there's people around, the barrier appears.

sounds rough enough? because that's how i feel with almost everything i do with my life. hence the extreme anxiety i am fighting against since the symptoms of my autism began to rose. it's extremely painful to stand against and i hate it. but it's something i have to learn to deal with, i guess. either that or go to a doctor or something. because these barriers have been present since, oh i don't know, a whole decade's worth of time, perhaps?

granted, i have become better at it, somewhat, but it's still there, still present. and it's making me a tiny, weak little nervous wreck when it appears. i've felt it today at least a couple times. multiply that couple of times with several tens of thousands worth of time.

now ask me again if you'd want to have my mental problems.

• Brohoof 1

trust me, i don't think you'd want to have my traits. they might seem small and petty in text, but IRL, they have halted me for pretty much my whole life. if i were to describe it in a good way: imagine that almost everything you like to do, want to do, or have to do, have this mental barrier in front of it, just about 1 meter tall in length. now add another meter to the barrier, then another one, and then add barbed wire to the barrier. now, everytime you want to go outside and, say, just bunny-skip forward like that, you'll have to first pass through a 3 meter tall barrier with barbed wire on it. everytime you take a leap, and there's people around, the barrier appears.

sounds rough enough? because that's how i feel with almost everything i do with my life. hence the extreme anxiety i am fighting against since the symptoms of my autism began to rose. it's extremely painful to stand against and i hate it. but it's something i have to learn to deal with, i guess. either that or go to a doctor or something. because these barriers have been present since, oh i don't know, a whole decade's worth of time, perhaps?

granted, i have become better at it, somewhat, but it's still there, still present. and it's making me a tiny, weak little nervous wreck when it appears. i've felt it today at least a couple times. multiply that couple of times with several tens of thousands worth of time.

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. I have been living with anxiety and motivation issues as well. A lot of what you have said sounds familiar. If you need to talk I am here, just PM me.

Anyway, about sexuality... I am bisexual and I am currently in a monogamous relationship with a man. I've noticed over my years dating that men have an odd reaction to my bisexuality. They either become really worried I'm going to leave them for a woman, or they say that if I were to break up with them they would WANT it to be for a woman. I'm distressed that introduction to my bisexuality often results in immediate thoughts about the end of the relationship. Does anyone else experience this?

i guess i really wont trade it, does the problem have a name?

anyway, you dont do anything? i dont really understand ._.

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. I have been living with anxiety and motivation issues as well. A lot of what you have said sounds familiar. If you need to talk I am here, just PM me.

Anyway, about sexuality... I am bisexual and I am currently in a monogamous relationship with a man. I've noticed over my years dating that men have an odd reaction to my bisexuality. They either become really worried I'm going to leave them for a woman, or they say that if I were to break up with them they would WANT it to be for a woman. I'm distressed that introduction to my bisexuality often results in immediate thoughts about the end of the relationship. Does anyone else experience this?

I actually find bisexual girls more attractive than straight ones and know people who feel the same way.

Following statement might be offensive for some, but might also give you heads up:

Bi girls are effin hot, yo!

End of said statement.

i guess i really wont trade it, does the problem have a name?

anyway, you dont do anything? i dont really understand ._.

the mental problem is called autism. i guess the bulk of my anxiety issues could be traced from that syndrome, and more, really: ever felt that there is too much shit going around everywhere? too many impressions going on your mind, so that you have to shut down temporarily and shut out the rest of the world to recover? yeah, probably not, and you probably really don't want to experience that, either.

what is it you don't understand about the issue? that i don't do anything? well, theoretically i could, but everytime i do, i need to crush that barrier i mentioned that's in my way. and i really, really hate doing that. basically, i feel that i am hindered in everything i do, which makes simple tasks i like to do considerably harder to do. like, i dunno, having to put on the "right" track when playing music because otherwise i feel embarrassed and anxious as shit about it? (yeah, that DOES happen to me. it happened to me today at least twice, the latter time being just a few hours before i posted in this thread).

not to poke the sleeping bear so to speak, but if you despise humanity, why are you socializing online? there are SO MANY things to do on the internet (not to mention things to do offline alone) besides use a forum, and (im pretty sure) most people use a forum to socialize with other people who share similar interests.

i guess what im asking is, are you really sure you want to label yourself that way? its pretty harsh! because it seems to me that after making 400+ posts you must enjoy atleast some part of your stay on these forums, which wouldn't exist without other people's contributions and interactions... so you must enjoy some human contact... atleast on the internet...

not to poke the sleeping bear so to speak, but if you despise humanity, why are you socializing online? there are SO MANY things to do on the internet (not to mention things to do offline alone) besides use a forum, and (im pretty sure) most people use a forum to socialize with other people who share similar interests.

i guess what im asking is, are you really sure you want to label yourself that way? its pretty harsh! because it seems to me that after making 400+ posts you must enjoy atleast some part of your stay on these forums, which wouldn't exist without other people's contributions and interactions... so you must enjoy some human contact... atleast on the internet...

I don't really despise humanity. I'm not really a big fan of humans, but there's not much I can do to change the fact that I'm stuck with them. And I don't really consider online interactions the same as real life human interaction, so... Yep.

I don't really despise humanity. I'm not really a big fan of humans, but there's not much I can do to change the fact that I'm stuck with them. And I don't really consider online interactions the same as real life human interaction, so... Yep.

well you're right nothing can substitute face to face interactions, but you can't really ignore the fact that you are actually interacting with real people. not robots or aliens or whatever ^^;

and you talk about "humans" like you aren't one. obviously you are, so do you consider yourself not human? or "superior" to all other people? im just not understanding how this "i'm a human but i feel 'stuck with' all other humans, even though i am one" thing works out.

well you're right nothing can substitute face to face interactions, but you can't really ignore the fact that you are actually interacting with real people. not robots or aliens or whatever ^^;

and you talk about "humans" like you aren't one. obviously you are, so do you consider yourself not human? or "superior" to all other people? im just not understanding how this "i'm a human but i feel 'stuck with' all other humans, even though i am one" thing works out.

I do not consider myself different nor superior to people. I'm just experimenting with disassociation and seeing how it works out for me.

I do not consider myself different nor superior to people. I'm just experimenting with disassociation and seeing how it works out for me.

ah, for me it works wonders in specific situations. like taking the bus in my city. best to be mentally "elsewhere" if you can. avoid and ignore problem people or situations. or in a negative living situation, like living with a junkie for two years, or staying at a friends house who's father is abusive. best to leave them alone and focus on yourself and what you are doing there.

but overall i love humanity, and feel so thankful that i can count myself as part of such an expressive and diversified species. we really are remarkable creatures. good and the bad. so forgive me for being put off by your original statement.

hope you take some positive away from your experiment :) goodluck

I've actually had the opposite problem. Most boys that I've dated (including the guy I'm living with now) have actually tried to talk me into bringing a girl home to "share"