How many ponies live in ponyville?

zerox

Honestly for Ponyville I'd put the population at a few hundred, it's a small village more than anything.

1836177199_sig28.png.074b68d950ee2b4bff97c2d9294d4122.png
PonyvilleLive! Check out our awesome range of music, podcasts, video and more!
My various Roleplay Characters

I live there if you count me. In the fandom universe at least. Hmmm... I wonder what Ponyville would look like if everyone who claimed to live there did. I guess there is a good reason that all of you aren't in Equestria. :D or maybe we'd all be in a new Equestria. I don't know, just things I came up with as I was typing.

5 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I mean, look at this, it's right in the show's intro for Celestia's sake!

^Remember, ponies are way smaller than humans so use that to gauge the scale of everything shown here :o

Well the houses in the picture go back for a long ways

Plus compensating for any sort of hills blocking view thats even MORE houses with roughly 2 ponys per house

Edited by Maple Bat

Signiture-Maple.gif.d2a660151aa22cd0eec324e3d896a6a6.gif

My Ocs: The Chaos Siblings Maple Bat and Woodland Orchestra.

Profile picture by a wonderful user named trash. Signature originally drawn by Lucas Aldebrandi

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

Well the houses in the picture go back for a long ways

Plus compensating for any sort of hills blocking view thats even MORE houses with roughly 2 ponys per house

The houses do go back pretty far, but clearly the bulk of pony residence is located around the town square area. The houses that are located far in the distance are much more sparsely laid out. Even with 2 ponies per house (personally, I wouldn't mind 2-4 ponies being the assumed number) the population of Ponyville would be in the "low hundreds" as I guessed in my initial post.

Ponyville is far from a "normal" town in our world. A better approximation would be the cities seen in the mainline Pokermon games :o

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

Ponyville is far from a "normal" town in our world. A better approximation would be the cities seen in the mainline Pokermon games :o

Thats a good way to put it

Signiture-Maple.gif.d2a660151aa22cd0eec324e3d896a6a6.gif

My Ocs: The Chaos Siblings Maple Bat and Woodland Orchestra.

Profile picture by a wonderful user named trash. Signature originally drawn by Lucas Aldebrandi