E3 Anticipation Thread

K.Rool Addict

Truth be told I did not have a whole lot of interest (if any) in this year's E3. That is until somebody mentioned the new Metro game. I'm pretty excited  for that, especially since they've gone down a more open world/exploration path with this one. I eagerly await future trailers. :P 

8 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

That is a GPU that costs (more or less) $700. I kinda doubt that it's on par with it. For all we know, the demos were running on a PC with a 1080 Ti.

It has not only a 6 Tflop GPU but also a physical DX 12 implementation within the box itself. For newer titles that support DX 12, it increases performance exponentially.

I'm not saying the system will be as good as a pc with a 1080 Ti + an i7 skylake- kaby lake processor LOL. That is the main issue, the abysmally inadequate CPU is holding back the (surprisingly powerful) GPU :o 

But yeah, if you're a consumer who is fine with 30 fps on most of your games, I'd say the Xbox One X is a definite bargain (once you go 60 fps tho... well, its hard to go back xD)

Also this:

1f51234f55a14fba4448019d13ea8fac1b9de8a3

^If only it was 12GB of VRAM xD

(edited)
1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I mean, the Ps4 Pro has a mere 2.1 ghz Cpu which is even worse than the Xbox One X's. So its hardly only a Microsoft issue. While Ps4 Pro was on par with a GTX 970, the X seems to be more or less around a 1080 Ti. But the Cpu is going to limit what the machine can do by soooo much! Even if the reason these companies skimped out on the Cpu is purely due to corporate greed, it doesnt make sense for Micro$oft to put so much effort and money into the GPU side but completely neglect the CPU side :/

It's more on par with maaaaaaybe a 1060. Also, 6 teralops means nothing. People don't even understand what teralops mean, and just because it says 6 doesn't mean it's a very powerful GPU. 1.1 Ghz is not really all that great. The 1060 base clock speed is 1.5 GHz. 

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Celli said:

It's more on par with maaaaaaybe a 1060. Also, 6 teralops means nothing. People don't even understand what teralops mean, and just because it says 6 doesn't mean it's a very powerful GPU. 1.1 Ghz is not really all that great. The 1060 base clock speed is 1.5 GHz. 

Holy shit, did I say "1080 Ti" LMAO I meant a 980 Ti xDD

I can't believe I said 1080 Ti... Q.Q The shame! But still, a 980 Ti would be slightly more powerful than a 1060 (or basically a 980 lol). Do clock speeds matter that much for GPUs? I was always under the impression it was more or less the Cuda cores and... you know, other technical shit that mattered as opposed to clock speed.

13 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Holy shit, did I say "1080 Ti" LMAO I meant a 980 Ti xDD

I can't believe I said 1080 Ti... Q.Q The shame! But still, a 980 Ti would be slightly more powerful than a 1060 (or basically a 980 lol). Do clock speeds matter that much for GPUs? I was always under the impression it was more or less the Cuda cores and... you know, other technical shit that mattered as opposed to clock speed.

They do. moreso than teraflops.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Celli said:

They do. moreso than teraflops.

Let's go by your approximation of it being an AMD equivalent to a GTX 1060 then. So what exactly are we looking at in terms of potential performance / visuals as opposed to a PC? Obviously the fps is compromised due to the CPU, but what about graphical settings and consistency at 30 fps? As a long time console gamer, something I have noticed is that 30 fps can feel quite nice... as long as it is a 30 fps LOCK with PERFECT frame pacing. Forza Horizon 3 (on XB1) and Ratchet & Clank (Ps4) felt wonderful to play despite being locked at 30 fps, whereas something like NieR:Automata (quality of the game's content aside) was a stuttery mess even on the Ps4 Pro running at 45-60 fps :o 

Edited by K.Rool Addict

I've been looking forward to every E3 as far back as 2002 when I first saw anything that came from the event. I know it's changed a lot since then and there are many who no longer feel that it's worth seeing, but I still get excited about it and feel like a kid again.

• Brohoof 1

So far I've only watched Xbox's, because I could give a crap less about Bethesda and EA.

Xbox has showcased:
-Power
-Variety
-Exclusives
-Great features (Back Compat OG Xbox)

When I first watched the conference I felt underwhelmed, but watching it the second time I'm feeling more optimistic. Xbox showed that it's the place to play the best looking games with big names like Anthem, Metro, and Assassin's Creed.

Anthem looks like Destiny killer to me. I was really impressed. Other stand outs during the show would include Sea of Thieves, which looks like Rare is finally returning to form; that game looks so fun. Cuphead, Shadow of War, Forza, Code Vein, Dragonball Fighters Z, and Ori. When you list them like that, Xbox actually showed off a number of really high quality games.

Excited for Nintendo and Mario Odyssey, finally a Mario game that's similar to Sunshine! Praying for a Metroid announcement, and possibly a Donkey Kong announcement. I'm still salty at their terrible decisions with Pokemon. Possible Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay, but I still think that's a 2018 title.

As for Sony, that's easy. They played their entire hand last year, and the heavy hitting titles they showed aren't coming out until AT LEAST holiday of 2019. We'll see gameplay of God of War, Spidey, and Detroit. I highly doubt they'll show anything new, save for maybe one to two games. They'll give the fanboys some soft release dates to satisfy them, but in usual Sony fashion they won't stick to them. No Kingdom Hearts, and FF7 Remaster will be delayed. I would love to see a new inFamous though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, takai said:

As for Sony, that's easy. They played their entire hand last year, and the heavy hitting titles they showed aren't coming out until AT LEAST holiday of 2019. We'll see gameplay of God of War, Spidey, and Detroit. I highly doubt they'll show anything new, save for maybe one to two games. They'll give the fanboys some soft release dates to satisfy them, but in usual Sony fashion they won't stick to them. No Kingdom Hearts, and FF7 Remaster will be delayed. I would love to see a new inFamous though.

^I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post until this point xD

I definitely see Sony bringing out a ton of new exclusive games. If they don't they would be missing a golden opportunity here. I personally couldn't give 2 shits about God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Uncharted 4 DLC, or (worst of all) Detroit Become Human. So they better have something to captivate me in their E3 conference... or else! 

I also anticipate a $50 price reduction to the Ps4 Pro's pricetag in order to stay competitive with the Xbox One X. Oh and speaking of staying competitive, they should try and secure console exclusivity to Tera Online (as En Masse entertainment said they would FINALLY release it for consoles this year). Since Microsoft got an exclusive deal for Black Desert Online (the absolute best-looking MMO available to date!), Sony's gotta bring the goods with another heavy hitter. Either Tera or Blade & Soul would be good for Sony, methinks /)^3^(\ 

Oh, and if they somehow managed to get Revelation Online, along with fully functioning western based servers exclusive to their platform, I don't think I would be selling my Ps4 Pro any time soon :P 

Edited by K.Rool Addict

2 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post until this point xD

I definitely see Sony bringing out a ton of new exclusive games. If they don't they would be missing a golden opportunity here. I personally couldn't give 2 shits about God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Uncharted 4 DLC, or (worst of all) Detroit Become Human. So they better have something to captivate me in their E3 conference... or else! 

I also anticipate a $50 price reduction to the Ps4 Pro's pricetag in order to stay competitive with the Xbox One X. Oh and speaking of staying competitive, they should try and secure console exclusivity to Tera Online (as En Masse entertainment said they would FINALLY release it for consoles this year). Since Microsoft got an exclusive deal for Black Desert Online (the absolute best-looking MMO available to date!), Sony's gotta bring the goods with another heavy hitter. Either Tera or Blade & Soul would be good for Sony, methinks /)^3^(\ 

Oh, and if they somehow managed to get Revelation Online, along with fully functioning western based servers exclusive to their platform, I don't think I would be selling my Ps4 Pro any time soon :P 

If they do have games, I'm all for it. Despite still playing Persona, Gravity Rush 2, I Am Setsuna, and I still need to get Nier Automata.

I just don't see them doing a price cut though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, takai said:

I still need to get Nier Automata.

Oh man, you really DO need to get that game. Don't even get me started gushing about it, as I'll end up being typing here for over an hour xD

I'll give you one little tidbit on the game though. Don't look up shit on the internet! Figure it out for yourself! xD It is insanely rewarding. Oh, and don't think that you've beaten the game the first or second or third time the game "tricks" you into thinking you have (a typical full playthrough from me took about 30-40 hours and that's without getting anywhere near 100% of the side quests and other things done). Just because the credits have rolled multiple times doesn't mean it's over! :P I beat it once on Normal mode and once on Hard mode. Very Hard is like playing Ninja Gaiden 3 on the NES lol

I'd suggest you try out the free demo. It'll allow you to practice the "tutorial" stage (which is ironically one of the hardest parts of the retail game to complete on harder difficulty settings).

Edited by K.Rool Addict

(edited)
20 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

The Xbox One X quite literally has a CPU in it that's worth less than $30. I would hardly call that "good value". 

Just leaving this here~

^$25-30 :                 2.66 Ghz Base clock speed with 3.3-3.4 Ghz OC

Xbox One X Cpu :    2.3 Ghz Base clock speed (unable to OC)

^Also, remember, big corporations get huge discounts since they buy these things in bulk :P 

Edited by K.Rool Addict

(edited)
1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

How would you rate E3 as a whole so far?

The only thing that really got my attention is Bethesda trying to pull some bullshit. But then Devolver came in with their "conference".

Edited by Vulon Bii

Honestly, Sony's was disappointing but still better than Microsoft's. God of War and Spiderman look amazing.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping Sucker Punch would announce a new Infamous.

This iteration of God of War looks better than the last, but I'm still not a fan of the franchise.

Well, at least Spidey looked cool. But QTE's are the devil.

20 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

Spiderman was awesome, and God Of War looks great as usual, but....yeah, that was pretty shitty

Are you FUCKING kidding me? Spiderman was full of scripted BULLSHIT and shitty quick time event combat. God of War had VASTLY neutered combat to the original games... kinda an important factor considering they were a freaking HACK AND SLASH genre... *smfh*

12 minutes ago, Sgamer said:

The game with the mouse got no applause, it was sad. I am, however, looking forward to Detroit Become Human. Androids rule!

That game with the mouse was the ONLY decent looking title announced for PS VR, PERIOD. It was called Moss, btw (I made sure to remember the games that actually looked half way passable -.-)

14 minutes ago, Celli said:

Honestly, Sony's was disappointing but still better than Microsoft's. God of War and Spiderman look amazing.

Better than Microsoft's? Are you insane!? Microsoft's may have been by-the-numbers, but this was a straight up INSULT to any self respecting gamer. I better make a thread of this conference like a did the Microsoft one.... I'll keep my post to a minimum as ulcers will surely ensue otherwise >.<

I had high fucking hopes for Sony this year too. Kept me waiting an extra hour just for THAT? Jesus fucking christ

3 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Are you FUCKING kidding me? Spiderman was full of scripted BULLSHIT and shitty quick time event combat. God of War had VASTLY neutered combat to the original games... kinda an important factor considering they were a freaking HACK AND SLASH genre... *smfh*

Well excuse me for finding some sort of merit in this show :unamused:

• Brohoof 1