E3 Anticipation Thread

K.Rool Addict

(edited)

The difference between a winner and a loser at E3:

Microsoft ("Loser"): "Here's some new tech! Let's talk about why our games for the next year are going to be great! Have you ever wanted to eat a banana without removing its peel? You can do that in one of our games!"

Sony ("Winner"): "Here are some games we've been making. Gib money."

Edited by Halberd

1 minute ago, Halberd said:

The difference between a winner and a loser at E3:

Microsoft ("Loser"): "Here's some new tech! Let's talk about why our games for the next year are going to be great! Have you ever wanted to eat a banana without removing its peel? You can do that in one of our games!"

Sony ("Winner"): "Here are some games we've been making. Gib money."

^LMAO the corporate slavery is strong in this one xD

Both companies suck ass (even though I do consider Sony to be objectively better overall as they do offer their gamers... you know, actual incentive to purchase their console instead of a damn pc)

BUT, I have to call em as I see em. and it is clear as bloody day to me that Microsoft's 2017 conference blew Sony's out of the freaking water. Does this mean Microsoft is "winning" the console war? Hell no. Sony will always be the winners of this gen NO questions asked. With games like NieR:Automata, The Last Guardian, and Horizon Zero Dawn gracing their console, they simply have the better games than Microsoft. But Microsoft's "semi lackluster" conference was worlds better than Sony spitting in my face with this shit.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^LMAO the corporate slavery is strong in this one xD

Both companies suck ass (even though I do consider Sony to be objectively better overall as they do offer their gamers... you know, actual incentive to purchase their console instead of a damn pc)

BUT, I have to call em as I see em. and it is clear as bloody day to me that Microsoft's 2017 conference blew Sony's out of the freaking water. Does this mean Microsoft is "winning" the console war? Hell no. Sony will always be the winners of this gen NO questions asked. With games like NieR:Automata, The Last Guardian, and Horizon Zero Dawn gracing their console, they simply have the better games than Microsoft. But Microsoft's "semi lackluster" conference was worlds better than Sony spitting in my face with this shit.

I'm actually a PC gamer first and foremost. The only benefits that certain consoles have are their exclusives.

The last console I owned was an Xbox 360. I haven't looked back since then. PCs just have more power and more benefits over consoles. Also, they don't RROD after two years of functionality.

Edited by Halberd
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Halberd said:

I'm actually a PC gamer first and foremost. The only benefits that certain consoles have are their exclusives.

The last console I owned was an Xbox 360. I haven't looked back since then. PCs just have more power and more benefits over consoles. Also, they don't RROD after two years of functionality.

^LOL. Yeah I've been trying to move over to pc for awhile now. Experimented a few years back (in 2012) with an MSI "gaming" laptop. Thankfully mobile GPU's have come a long way since then. I am planning on purchasing a new, high end gaming laptop in the "semi" near future.

Just trying to decide between the Razer Blade Pro and the Alienware r3 15 (and yes, before you ask, I do need it to be a laptop xD I am fully aware pc's cost like 3x less than an equivilant gaming laptop lol)

Anyway... E3... yay... Q.Q

Edited by K.Rool Addict
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really looking forward to the new Call of Cthulhu game that is coming out... I'm really looking forward to the new Call of Cthulhu game that is coming out... 

(edited)

Metroid Prime 4 happening

More Xenoblade2(actually coming this year)

Mario Odyssey looks fantastic

For how short it was, definitely made me happy

Edited by The Undefeated of the East
  • Brohoof 1

Metroid 2 remake for 3ds! It's a good day to be a Metroid fan. Nintendo, your past sins are forgiven.

Welp, looks like Microsoft definitely "won" E3 this year. Not that this is saying much since even their conference was "decent" at best. At least it wasn't a slap in the face to longtime fans like the other two conferences. I already sold my fat Xbox One and I have no intention of getting a new one (saving up for a gtx 1070 or 1080 gaming laptop =^-^=)

Looking forward to playing the following on my Ps4 Pro tho:

-Shadow of The Colossus Remake

-Monster Hunter World

-Kingdom Hearts 3

-Code Vein

-DBZ Fighters

-Ni No Kuni 2

And looking forward to playing Super Mario Odyssey when the new Switch hardware revision finally comes out (shame there was no word on it at this E3, but that's admittedly asking for a lot since Nintendo just released the system mere months ago)

It's a shame the non-Japanese devs didn't really bring the heat to this year's E3 at all :o I couldn't find a single western made game that interested me enough to actually wanna buy the game besides Anthem (which is unfortunately a co-op only online experience from what I took away from Microsoft's conference... can anyone potentially correct me if I'm wrong here?)

Also... where the hell was Red Dead Redemption 2?  o,o  Just realized there was no word on it in any of those conferences...

27 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Welp, looks like Microsoft definitely "won" E3 this year. Not that this is saying much since even their conference was "decent" at best. At least it wasn't a slap in the face to longtime fans like the other two conferences. I already sold my fat Xbox One and I have no intention of getting a new one (saving up for a gtx 1070 or 1080 gaming laptop =^-^=)

Looking forward to playing the following on my Ps4 Pro tho:

-Shadow of The Colossus Remake

-Monster Hunter World

-Kingdom Hearts 3

-Code Vein

-DBZ Fighters

-Ni No Kuni 2

And looking forward to playing Super Mario Odyssey when the new Switch hardware revision finally comes out (shame there was no word on it at this E3, but that's admittedly asking for a lot since Nintendo just released the system mere months ago)

It's a shame the non-Japanese devs didn't really bring the heat to this year's E3 at all :o I couldn't find a single western made game that interested me enough to actually wanna buy the game besides Anthem (which is unfortunately a co-op only online experience from what I took away from Microsoft's conference... can anyone potentially correct me if I'm wrong here?)

Also... where the hell was Red Dead Redemption 2?  o,o  Just realized there was no word on it in any of those conferences...

Rockstar doesn't do e3.

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

At least it wasn't a slap in the face to longtime fans like the other two conferences.

2 legit Metroid games fans have been begging for is a slap in the face to fans?

Yeah... Even though there wasn't much in the Nintendo conference for me, I'd still say that Nintendo easily won this E3. Metroid is what people were asking for, hands down.

1 minute ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

2 legit Metroid games fans have been begging for is a slap in the face to fans?

^One with horrendous graphics on the 3DS (Which, by the way, WASNT shown at their Spotlight event so it does not count) and one that we got absolutely NO gamplay of ? Yeah, sounds like a pretty big slap in the face to me -.-)

Nintendo's Spotlight was obscenely insulting, not just the normal levels of insult exhibited in, say, Sony's conference. At least with Sony, you could legit tell they put in a hella effort and money into everything they showed off. With Nintendo it's like they just don't care.

7 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^One with horrendous graphics on the 3DS (Which, by the way, WASNT shown at their Spotlight event so it does not count) and one that we got absolutely NO gamplay of ? Yeah, sounds like a pretty big slap in the face to me -.-)

Nintendo's Spotlight was obscenely insulting, not just the normal levels of insult exhibited in, say, Sony's conference. At least with Sony, you could legit tell they put in a hella effort and money into everything they showed off. With Nintendo it's like they just don't care.

A bit harsh. Sure, Metroid fans would have loved a Metroid Prime 4 trailer. However, the series was hanging in the balance all by itself, so just announcing that Metroid Prime 4 is coming out is a big deal.

5 minutes ago, Envy said:

A bit harsh. Sure, Metroid fans would have loved a Metroid Prime 4 trailer. However, the series was hanging in the balance all by itself, so just announcing that Metroid Prime 4 is coming out is a big deal.

Well, I'm sure for many fans it IS a big deal. I'm not going to deny that. But the lack of anything concrete and then a shabby looking portable game on a dying platform is not something to inspire confidence, in all honesty lol

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

Well, I'm sure for many fans it IS a big deal. I'm not going to deny that. But the lack of anything concrete and then a shabby looking portable game on a dying platform is not something to inspire confidence, in all honesty lol

The fact that Metroid Prime 4 is being developed is the definition of concrete. This is what Metroid fans wanted to hear.

Sure, the 3DS remake isn't the most exciting thing ever, but it is a nice bonus to throw in for Metroid fans who haven't had a Metroid game in years.

What this E3 did for Metroid fans is show them that Nintendo still cares about the franchise. They sent out that message very clearly. If they did the same thing for Golden Sun, I would be so happy right now.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Envy said:

What this E3 did for Metroid fans is show them that Nintendo still cares about the franchise. They sent out that message very clearly. If they did the same thing for Golden Sun, I would be so happy right now.

^I see it more as an apology for this atrocity tbh:

35013-1.jpg

And yeah, if only Nintendo showed some of their other mainline franchises some love... 

^But what do I know. Apparently F-Zero is a "failure as a series" according to Miyamoto -.-

• Brohoof 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Celli said:

Rockstar doesn't do e3.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

^I see it more as an apology for this atrocity tbh:

35013-1.jpg

And yeah, if only Nintendo showed some of their other mainline franchises some love... 

^But what do I know. Apparently F-Zero is a "failure as a series" according to Miyamoto -.-

I Wish an F-Zero would come out, it'd be superb. Gotta go fast!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, cmarston1 said:

So far the Switch looks like it is going to have a really strong line up of games.

Also I still can't get over the fact that Mario can now possess people.

His top-hat was SPICY (plus the game has other cool moments that look trippy) once I save up some cash I am getting a switch asap.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

I Wish an F-Zero would come out, it'd be superb. Gotta go fast!

Nintendo already has exclusivity to the Fast Racing Neo games... why not outsource development of a new F-Zero game to Shin'en and give them full creative range over the license? :o  I mean, wasn't Sega responsible for development of F-Zero GX? It's not like F-Zero MUST be developed in-house by Nintendo.

Fast Racing Neo was fun and all, but it didn't really have enough depth to keep me satisfied. Was something I played for like 10 hours and never went back to. The difficulty was perfect, but the racing and progression systems just bored me to death. I like actual incentive to continue playing. Unlock new vehicles and characters, unlock new parts to customize your own vehicle, a freaking story mode! With Fast Racing Neo, it was really just the thrill of the speed (which admittedly looked phenomenal) and the extreme challenge. I guess I shouldn't expect much more from a $15 game lol.