9 users have voted

1. 1. Who won?

• EA
    • Microsoft
    • Ubisoft
    • Bethesda
    • Sony
    • Nintendo

E3 hype is starting to die down, so now would be a good time as any to debate who won E3.

For me it comes down between Sony and Nintnedo. Keep in mind, I didn't watch every conference so I'm not the best source for this especially for EA, Microsoft (insert 4k joke here) and Bethesda, but Sony seemed to show the most promising games, while Nintendo showed less games, but the ones they did show have lots of potential. Ubisofts was better than expected seeing as that Mario + Rabbids thing doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be.

• Brohoof 2

Some of the individual events were acceptable, but its hard to pick out clear winner for me this go around. 

Metroid, Ni No Kuni 2, and Cuphead are the three favs  ... so 

Ni No Cuproid won 

I feel like alot of the youtubers I watch are a bit more on the critic side, so I gotta see it all for myself really to see whats neat. Just watching Dunkey's video, I have to say Nintendo did win, also judging from Jeric suggesting Metroid seems good. I am excited for CupHead honestly. I think for me it fits the same category as Skullgirls, I like aesthetically pleasing games that also play well. Idk how it plays really, it didn't show much of that, but its going to be neat anyways all they need to do is balance it and pace it and finish the artwork. Its controls may be awkward for keyboard tho. I am looking forward to Wolfenstein also, FPS games are kinda repetitive sure, and it seems to have a slightly SJW/PC inspired tone, but it might end up being very good anyways. I think E3 2018 may be better than this E3 tho, wasn't there supposed to be that game with the robotic wildlife, IDK. That game looks neato. Gameplay-wise idk. Dunkey does sell the Mario game tho, and Mario does look spicy in some of those outfits. So gotta vote for Nintendo there.

• Brohoof 1

All things that interact with the world exert a force. All things that exert a force have an opposite and equal force. Ergo, nothing immaterial exists [because where would the opposite force be without material as a medium?]. Ergo god doesn't exist immaterially. Also if the universe were infinite itd take infinite time for a god to make it. If it were finite it'd be subject to entropy. Which means an eternal god can't exist.

Nintendo had the most games I'm interested , Mario Odyssey looks fantastic, as does Seamus Returns, Kirby and Yoshi look great. Fucking Prime 4

Not to say the others didn't have great stuff. Both Spider-Man and Wolfenstein II are on the top of my most hype list

As much as I dislike that Nintendo doesn't have a stageshow, I have to admit they showed the most that interested me.  I'll give Sony a distant second though, and MS a close third.  I'm actually only primarily interested in the ranking out of the Big Three, so I don't really consider the others in my E3 ranking.

Microsoft. 'nuff said. They were the only ones who brought a proper conference. All the public speakers were spot on, they had proper buildup to each trailer, and kept the bullshit to a minimum (aside from the Forza 7 segment).

Playstation showed two good games and a bunch of quick time events. Their whole "conference" was a trailer reel and nothing more. I wish I had just watched the Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter trailer by themselves instead of all that other bullshit.

Nintendo showed one good game, Super Mario Odyssey. Really quite an amazing trailer... but literally everything else shown was trash. 25 minutes ain't a conference, btw

I won't even mention the other companies as their offerings were far too insignificant to even address.

So yeah, Microsoft won, but I certainly won't be buying any Xbox games in the future. Already sold my original fat Xbone awhile ago. Not getting the X since it's almost as disappointing as the Pro. I'll be keeping my Pro to play multiplats til I can afford a gaming laptop. I'll wait a few years to get a hardware revised Switch and play all their best offerings including SMO and BotW.

Microsoft: 7/10

Sony: 5/10

Nintendo: 2/10