Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Slumberfur was laying on the roof looking towards the sky, and didn't react to Jinx in any way. His wounds had started healing, but they still looked like they hurt, like they did, and it was clear he hadn't bothered to take care of them that much. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly padded toward Slumberfur, and took a deep breath. This was going to be difficult, and she had no idea where to begin.

"I may not have been the easiest to work with," she began, "and things have gotten difficult for both of us... and cats have tried to kill us..."

She sighed. This wasn't working. She was only getting angrier with herself.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" she hissed, sounding more frustrated than uncaring. "I've been awful and unhelpful. You had to take the life of someone you care about to protect me, and I did nothing about it. I'm an awful, self-centered waste of fur."

She lashed her tail. "Is that what you wanted to hear? Well there it is! I've deserved all the hardships I've gone through these last few days... but you don't."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur laughed, but it wasn't from amusement, "You know, you're bad at apologizing." he kept looking towards the sky, sighing  "It's funny really, I was ordered to get you to safe the clans, yet here we are, hiding while the clans are being destroyed." "I have lost everything, I even broke the code that I sweared my life to." he laughed again, he turned towards Jinx, looking rather hopeless. "And how am I going to tell my kits that I killed their mother." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears were lowered. It was clear she was taking no joy in this situation either.

"Sometimes rules need to be broken," she pointed out. "And what happened with her wasn't your fault... if anything, it was mine. It was me she wanted."

She flicked her tail. "You didn't kill her, those evil cats hunting us down did. They got in her head. But I don't enjoy that it happened. You wanted me to come and save your clans, and I suppose I should actually start trying."

She flicked her tail. "But, again, you know about this Starclan stuff better than I do. What about that cat who talked about them before back at your camp? Surely she knows more than she lets on?"

• Brohoof 1

"No, it doesn't matter who is to blame, the claw that took her life was mine, and I can't keep it as a secret forever, I can make excuses where she is, but eventually they will find the truth in way or another." Slumberfur explained, looking into nothingness "And Starclan and Moonshine?" "If they could do something, they would have done it and you would have never left your home."  He was quiet for a moment and looked up towards the sky "I'm not sure if there's point trying anymore." 

• Brohoof 1

"Are you listening to yourself?" Jinx hissed, lashing her tail. "Something goes wrong in your plan and you're already giving up? And you forest cats spend most of your time making fun of me for being weak."

She leaned forward. "We both know what's happening to them, so we're the ones who have to do something. We just need an idea of where to go first. Can we talk to this Starclan of yours or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"Something? something goes wrong?" Slumberfur repeated "Tell me what hasn't gone wrong." he kept short pause "And maybe I'm not a strong clan cat, maybe I'm just weak kittypet who pretends to be one." he was quiet for a moment as he calmed himself down "And no, we can't talk to Starclan, they are not just someone you can go and meet. Only way for someone like us to talk to them is that they come to us." he kept his eyes on the sky "And I don't think that will happen, not anymore." 

• Brohoof 1

"Something tells me they're not really okay with what's happening here," Jinx pointed out matter-of-factly. She glanced up toward the sky, flicking her tail. "There has to be some other way."

She looked back at Slumberfur. "This Moonshine is close to them; how does she do it? Surely you'll have overheard something at least?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Of course they are not okay with it, but like I said, If they could do something, they would have already done it." Slumberfur pointed out. "And how she does it? It's simple, she's medicine cat, chosen by previous medicine cat, and approved by Starclan." "There is no secrets to it, Starclan speaks with who they want to speak with." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Maybe they're waiting to see if we can figure it out on our own?" Jinx suggested with a shrug.

Her ears pricked up as something dawned on her. "Wait, have you been having any odd dreams since all this started?"

• Brohoof 1

"No." Slumberfur quickly replied to Jinx's suggestion that Starclan was testing them "Clans are being destroyed, Starclan wouldn't waste their time to tests." 

"I don't remember, I was in the dark forest last night, but other than that I don't remember any dreams." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tilted her head. Dark Forest was their place for evil cats, if her memory was right.

"Maybe that means something?" she suggested. "Perhaps someone was trying to talk to you? Or at least show you something."

• Brohoof 1

"Someone wanting to talk with me or show me something in the dark forest would only mean bad things." Slumberfur pointed out "After all, there's only worst of the worst in there." he looked at nothing "That,  and I could also get lost there and never get out."

• Brohoof 1

"But it could lead to some kind of clue," Jinx pointed out. "If you sleep and go there again, maybe you'll find something. Maybe you just didn't have enough time?"

She swayed her tail. "I'll keep watch and wake you if anything happens."

• Brohoof 1

"I can't sleep now, I'm not tired." Slumberfur protested "Besides, I'm not sure if it's even possible to go there during the day." "And how we know if I'm even going to be there next time I sleep, it could be just a coincidence?"  he seemed to be slightly scared about something. 

• Brohoof 1

"Well there must be other ways to get there," Jinx suggested. "Maybe you can make yourself go there?"

She glanced up at the sky, flicking her tail. "What about Moonshine? She knows the most about this stuff, and surely she knows well enough not to get controlled by those cats."

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know." Slumberfur admided "But even if there's a way to go there on purpose, I rather don't do that." "You have to understand that the dark forest is more than a place where you can visit in your dreams." 

"And no, Moonshine can't help, because even if the tiniest possibily that she's still sane is true, rest of the clan will surely kill us if we go inside the borders." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed as she listened to Slumberfur. With all his excuses, it was almost like he didn't want to do anything about this.

But his Starclan sent him to get her to save his clan, and as much as she didn't want to, she'd have to start making an effort.

"Then let me go," she suggested. "I've had weird dreams too, so I must be able to go to that dark forest too. Besides, unlike your clan and your mate, you can afford to lose me." She added with a hint of regret in her voice.

• Brohoof 1

"I can't stop you, but like I said, I don't know if there's a way to just...go there." Slumberfur explained "But if there is, just be warned, it's not just a dream." "You can't necessary just wake up to escape." he looked towards the sky again "Or, that's what I have heard at least, and I'm not sure if I want to find out if it's true."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, if some cat should make a sacrifice, might as well be me for once," Jinx decided with a flick of her tail. "I seem to only have a brother to lose anymore."

She stretched herself out and laid down. "So, if I just fall asleep I can be taken there?"

• Brohoof 1

"No idea" Slumberfur admitted "I don't know how it works, I only know that you have to be asleep for there to be even a slight change." "But what I do know is that you'll know if you get there." he finally stopped staring at nothingness and started licking his wounds "I try to wake you up if something goes wrong." 

• Brohoof 1

"Sounds like we have a plan then," Jinx purred, and stretched out her legs before laying down. "I have a lot of naps I've been wanting to catch up on anyway."

She let out a yawn before taking a leisurely position right on the roof to fall asleep in.

• Brohoof 1

Soon Jinx would find herself from strange place, it was a forest, but it was something she had most likely never seen before. 

The forest floor was bare, and it felt thick and sticky, and the forest itself was filled with gray dank trees that were so tall that it was impossible to see anything above them. The sky was black and starless, the air was cold, thick, damp and foggy, and there was an echoing silence. 

Close to Jinx there was a sluggish river with dark and lifeless water, and the ground around it was sucking mud. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly looked around and got a good look at her surroundings, or as good as she could manage with how dark it was. It was certainly a forest, but everything felt all mucky and wet, and with no sign of the sky above her.

She padded along the slow river, but hopped away from the bank when she noticed the mud, stopping to shake it off her paws. "Yuck... this has to be the place. Now where to go..."

• Brohoof 1

There wasn't really anything indicating what was the best,  or the worst direction to take other than the fact that there was no ways to cross the river without swimming. It probably didn't help with the decision that there wasn't any sounds coming from anywhere either. 

• Brohoof 1