Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

After Jinx was in the water, the cat started padding away, and after several seconds Jinx would find herself from the roof she had fallen asleep on. There was something unusual Jinx would be able to notice after waking up, she was wet and muddy,  like one would after swimming in muddy river, and any injuries she had gotten in the forest were still there. She also didn't feel like she had rested at all, maybe even more tired than before. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx awoke and was relieved to see she was still on the roof, but she was still mucky and wet from the river. Not to mention she was still sore from the cat's attack.

She got up and shook some water and mud off her pelt before explaining what had happened to Slumberfur.

• Brohoof 1

"So nothing useful, figured, but it's good to know they are starting a third phase, that means we are running out of time." Slumberfur meowed, scanning Jinx with his eyes "And we need to take the cat's death threat seriously, because like you probably noticed, it's not just a dream."

• Brohoof 1

"Believe me," Jinx murmured, glaring irritably at her dirty fur, "I'm quite sure that cat wasn't bluffing."

She sighed and tried to shake some more muck off her pelt. "What I wouldn't give for a nice hot bath right now... or a nice hot anything."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Hot bath?" Slumberfur meowed with faked disgust "Who would want their fur wet?" he started cleaning himself "But in all seriousness, there's a barrel full of water down there." he pointed down "It's been a sunny day so it's probably fairly warm." "Meanwhile I have to think about what you told me."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Ah, lovely," Jinx purred and went to climb back down the roof, before stopping and turning to look at him again. "Um... thank you. For believing me mostly, but also for all you've done. And... I'm sorry about your mate. At least those cats can't get to her where she is now." She added in a hushed voice.

She wasn't sure how he would react, but she waited for it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't give any visible reaction, as he just looked away without saying anything, he really didn't want to talk about Flameheart now, or ever really. After few seconds of silence Slumberfur finally meowed quietly "You're welcome..."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's gaze lingered on Slumberfur for a few more moments before she turned to exit the roof back into the den.

As he promised, a bucket filled with water was sitting in a sliver of sunlight. She dunked herself in, paddling gently to keep her head above the surface. The sun had indeed warmed the water somewhat, making her purr comfortably. "That's more like it..."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur stayed on the roof for a moment longer, but soon he too got down. He went in to the nest but didn't stay to chat with the she-cat or the kits, instead he padded outside and went to the direction where he had dragged Flameheart's body and disappeared into the bushes.

• Brohoof 1

Eventually Jinx was finished with her bath and climbed out of the bucket, hopping onto the floor and shaking the water off her cleaned pelt. She started smoothing down her fur.

"That's more like it," she purred, and let herself stretch a bit.

• Brohoof 1

"What, you don't enjoy having clean fur?" Jinx purred and licked at her paw, taking quite a bit of pride in her appearance.

She looked around for Slumberfur but saw no sign of him. "Last I saw him was on the roof. Maybe he went out somewhere?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I clean my fur myself, there's no need for water." the she-cat pointed out "Besides, I'm still cleaner than you."

She looked bothered about something "But back to topic, Slumberfur came outside, I saw him leave, but I thought he was coming after you or something." "But apparently not" "If you see him could you tell him I need to talk with him, I would find him myself but I can't leave the kits alone for too long."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx lowered her ears irritably. It wasn't her fault she got thrown into mud...

She raised her chin and licked her puffed-out chest. "I can go look for him. Or you can go and I can watch the kits, they seem well-behaved."

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry, you may be Slumberfur's sister but I'm not leaving the kits for you." The she-cat declined "Nothing personal, there just has to be someone who can fight watching over them, and to my knowledge you don't exactly fit that description."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx opened her mouth to argue, but the cat continued her explanation, and she had to admit she didn't feel like even more fighting.

"Fair point," she agreed, and slowly got back on her paws. "I'll go take a look for him then. Any idea on where he might go?"

• Brohoof 1

"No idea, if I knew I wouldn't have asked you." the she-cat pointed out "Though I'm sure it won't be hard to find his scent and follow it" "Tell him that there's no hurry but that it's important." she turned around and started padding back inside.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx watched the cat pad inside and cocked an ear. "So defensive..." she murmured to herself.

She thought for a moment about how to track Slumberfur's scent. She figured it was the same as tracking animals to hunt, and she knew his scent now.

It didn't take her long to detect his scent, and she began padding after it.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur's scent lead to a small opening some distance away from the twoleg nest, and on the said opening, was Slumberfur sleeping on the bank of a small stream, and next to him was small, about cat-sized area where it looked like there had been a hole that had been filled up by a cat, most likely a grave.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly and quietly padded into the clearing, being careful not to wake Slumberfur. She approached the dirt mound, assuming this was where his mate was buried.

She sat down and lowered her ears. "I know you didn't really like me, possessed or not, but... you didn't deserve what happened to you. He didn't deserve to have to do it. I'm sorry. But, at least you're peaceful now, right? And I plan to stay and help with this until it's over... I might die, but I can't say I don't have it coming."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur didn't wake up when Jinx came and thus didn't react to her apology for Flameheart in any way. But he did move a little, indicating that he was seeing some kind of dream, most likely a pleasant one, considering that he looked comfortable even with his fur getting wet from the wet bank of the stream.   

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx hung her head, wondering what she was doing before she sat down and curled up on the ground. She had nothing better to do, and she had to wait till Slumberfur was awake to talk to him, so she figured she could wait for him to wake up.

• Brohoof 1

It didn't take too long for Slumberfur to wake up, he stretched and got up, letting out a short sound of disgust after he noticed his fur had gotten wet. He only then noticed Jinx "Oh, you're here." he started cleaning himself as he continued curiously "Do you need something?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx raised her head when she heard Slumberfur stirring, then sat up and stretched her legs.

"I've already apologised to her," she said, flicking her tail toward the grave, "so I'll save you time by saying I'm sorry for not doing more. Oh, and that black cat needs you for something."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't answer to Jinx's apologize, he just nodded to show he understood, he still didn't want to talk about it. "Is that so?" He meowed between licks "I guess I'll be heading back then." He turned his head towards the grave, lowered his head a little, and closed his eyes for second, before getting up and starting to slowly pad towards the twoleg nest.

• Brohoof 1