Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx kept herself from purring as she listened to the discussion. Those cats were scared. Their plan was falling apart and they didn't know what to do about it.

She scanned the other cats, hoping to give Slumberfur an idea of who to go for next.

• Brohoof 1

(War) "I'm going to find that pest and kill him, I don't care if it's not part of the plan." (Famine) "I'm not going to stop you, I'll be continuing with my part, faster we are done, better." (Plague) "I keep looking for the kits, they can't be far." the three cats then diverged and disappeared into the darkness. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx watched them vanish into the darkness, and she flicked her tail. Now she knew what the cats were going to do next, all she had to do was wake up and warn Slumberfur.

She just had to wake herself up somehow...

• Brohoof 1

Jinx awoke comfortably, thankful for not running into any trouble on her little mission. Though she was a bit irritated to see Slumberfur was still asleep.

She stretched herself and stood up, waiting for her brother to wake up so she could tell him of the evil cats' next move.

• Brohoof 1

It didn't take too long for Slumberfur to wake up, he streched and yawned as he got up. "I feel oddly bored for some reason." he looked at Jinx "So, what's new." "Anything interesting?" he seemed oddly nonchalant, maybe even little cold. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was a little put off by Slumberfur's change in behaviour, but told him anyway. She warned him of the cat that might come for him next, and that one of them might be going after his kits.

"You might want to do something soon," she finished.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was rather unsettled by Slumberfur's changed in attitude. Was this what they meant by him becoming the next cat of death or something?

She hoped not.

For the moment, she flopped down on the ground, hoping to get some proper rest this time.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur did exactly like he said, he hunted some food, and after eating, he returned to the twoleg nest and laid down tovsee if he could find the next cat. He hadn't noticed his change in his attitude himself, he just felt oddly bored. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx kept on sleeping for a while, and soon woke up pleased that she hadn't visited that place again. She stretched and sat up, looking around to see Slumberfur. She was worried about his change in attitude, considering what those cats said, and she hoped it wouldn't last.

• Brohoof 1

This time things went little differently, Slumberfur's fur didn't bristle at any time, but eventually there was signs that he was fighting. After that it didn't take long until Slumberfur woke up, again jumping from surprise, but with lot less emotion. "Two down" "and another vision" "Again chaotic mess."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's fur bristled from the surprise she got from Slumberfur jumping awake. She lowered her ears, not liking his lack of emotion.

"Which one did you manage to take down?" she asked, curious to hear his progress.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, that's one less problem for them to deal with," Jinx added, stretching out her legs. "Hopefully they'll all be that easy to take down."

She kept eyeing him, wondering if he even knew that something was changing with him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"They probably are." Slumberfur meowed "Starving cat and sick cat don't exactly sound like strong opponents." He sighed "Shame really, it was just getting fun."

Suddenly Jinx and Slumberfur were surrounded by cats, they were transparent, but Slumberfur could tell they were not from Starclan. The group of cats said in unison "Four become one, new sun covers the darkness." "When darkness awakes, cursed blood will spill, and one becomes four once more." They disappeared after that.  

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx's fur bristled when the new cats appeared. She backed against Slumberfur, hoping to hide behind him from the group outnumbering them.

After they disappeared following their vague warning, she flicked her ear. "Ghosts. I'm seeing ghosts now."

• Brohoof 1

"You aren't seeing anything, they were really there." Slumberfur meowed, seemingly unsurprised, "They weren't from Starclan, but dead cats nontheless." he sighed "Why does every prophecy and warning have to be so cryptic? Four obviously means the four pests, but that's all I got."

• Brohoof 1

"I figured that much," Jinx murmured, "but 'four becomes one'? What does that mean?"

And then something hit her. Something she'd overheard before in the dark forest. Something about Slumberfur becoming the new Death...

"Oh no, now it makes sense..."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur looked at Jinx... Curiously? At this point it was hard to tell how he felt. "Do you know something I don't?" his tone was... unbalanced, it sounded like he wasn't sure if he was angry or indifferent, but he himself didn't seem to notice it. 

• Brohoof 1

"Not exactly know, but I have a bad feeling," Jinx corrected. "Remember when I told you what that cat said the last time I went. About you becoming the new Death or something?"

She looked right into his eyes. "I'm not sure, but... I think you're turning into the cats that you kill."

• Brohoof 1

"Did you?" Slumberfur asked "Or...whatever, I probably just don't remember." "Anyways, so you're saying that they becoming one means me becoming them?" "It would explain the memory like visions, but at the same time, it sounds absurd." "And it still wouldn't explain the part about the sun, or the whole thing about cursed blood and becoming four again."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, and I think it's already changing you," Jinx admitted, lowering her ears. "You haven't noticed that you've changed so suddenly?"

She got closer to him. "You look like you barely care about anything anymore."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"No..." Slumberfur meowed confused "Though I have been quite bored, but I haven't thought it as anything too unusual." "But I certainly do care about things, I still want to save the clans, and I want my kits to be able to get home."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx blinked slowly, but was somewhat relieved to hear that. "Okay, good. Just... remember that."

She flicked her tail and looked around. "So, what do we do next? Do we look for the next cat to take down?"

• Brohoof 1