Why Console gaming is dying and why PC or Steam gaming is the future

Reose

20 minutes ago, Johnny1226 said:

To get those graphics and stability you would have to buy a high end computer that would cost thousands to me it's not worth that much too expensive compared to consoles 

No, no you don't. You can spend $400 or $500 on a gaming PC and it will out perform the PS4 pro or Xbox One X, in performance and graphics. You've never played on a PC have you?

6 minutes ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

I have not read anything above this post, but I just want to say, "PC MASTER RACE!!!!!!!". Okay, I will leave now. :dash:

As long as you don't use the term seriously, it's fine :P

• Brohoof 1

I have a pc and while it works okay the graphics and stability aren't even comparable to consoles plus it's prone to crashing when I bought total war atilla and war hammer total war both were brand new strategy games yet they lagg horribly still making the experience far less enjoyable 

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Johnny1226 said:

I have a pc and while it works okay the graphics and stability aren't even comparable to consoles plus it's prone to crashing when I bought total war atilla and war hammer total war both were brand new strategy games yet they lagg horribly still making the experience far less enjoyable 

I'm going to go out on a gander and say you have a laptop you bought for less than $300.

Also, it's much better to click "quote" when replying to a user so I know when you responded.

Edited by Celli

18 minutes ago, Celli said:

I'm going to go out on a gander and say you have a laptop you bought for less than $300.

Also, it's much better to click "quote" when replying to a user so I know when you responded.

18 minutes ago, Celli said:

It's not a laptop it's a computer with a keyboard and mouse though I'm not sure how much it cost but I'm pretty sure it was more than 300 dollars either way it should play the games that come on its platform like consoles so why doesn't it? Perhaps pcs aren't as good after all 

(edited)
Just now, Johnny1226 said:

It's not a laptop it's a computer with a keyboard and mouse though I'm not sure how much it cost but I'm pretty sure it was more than 300 dollars either way it should play the games that come on its platform like consoles so why doesn't it? Perhaps pcs aren't as good after all 

Did you put it together or buy it at a store? What brand is it? Dell? HP? Gateway?

Edited by Celli

Just now, Johnny1226 said:

HP store-bought I would think it would work similarly to a console at least in function but it's always lagging 

See, there's your problem, you can't buy an HP at a store and expect to play a game that just came out. Same goes for Dell or Gateway. They aren't meant for gaming. You have to order individual parts off of Amazon or Newegg, and put them together yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and you can spend $400 or $500 on parts and build something that will blow that HP out of the water. 

That HP might run Civilization 3 or Half Life 2, but you won't run Grand Theft Auto 5 on it.

I see I will remember that if I buy a new pc

33 minutes ago, Celli said:

See, there's your problem, you can't buy an HP at a store and expect to play a game that just came out. Same goes for Dell or Gateway. They aren't meant for gaming. You have to order individual parts off of Amazon or Newegg, and put them together yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and you can spend $400 or $500 on parts and build something that will blow that HP out of the water. 

That HP might run Civilization 3 or Half Life 2, but you won't run Grand Theft Auto 5 on it.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny1226 said:

I see I will remember that if I buy a new pc

When the time comes, if you wish, I would be more than willing to help you choose parts for whatever budget you have.

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, Celli said:

On 7/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, Celli said:

No, no you don't. You can spend $400 or $500 on a gaming PC and it will out perform the PS4 pro or Xbox One X, in performance and graphics. You've never played on a PC have you?

As long as you don't use the term seriously, it's fine :P

Actually you are wrong about that. There's no GPU in the world that is cheap enough to do that. Also LinusTechTips already proven it cannot be done. And on top of that it is reported that most GPU prices had skyrocketed ever since the crypto currency craze. So you would have to stick with a PC that is underpowered than the current gen consoles or buy consoles. Unless if you had a "gaming PC" already. It is proven that the GPU used in the video couldn't get to medium settings and already throttled by the lack of VRAM.

So 1 year later and the Nintendo Switch is the hottest selling item on the market, PC graphics cards prices are insanely high, and a lot of pro-PC channels and publications are actually saying right now is the worst time to buy a gaming PC. PS4 is slated to surpass the PS2 world record, Nintendo's stock value skyrocketed and many of the games that won game of the year including Breath of the Wild were console exclusives.

So tell me again how console gaming is "dying"? :3

It's a bad time to buy/build a PC because of the goddamn cryptominers, and because the memory manufacturers, Samsung and Micron, shifted production to smartphone memory, because phones "need" 6GB of RAM these days, thus driving up the price of DDR3 and DDR4 desktop memory though the roof. Up until that point, the PC was the fastest growing platform.

Right now, there are over 10 million playing something on Steam, with a peak of over 15 million in the last 48 hours. That is far more than what Sony and Microsoft can say.

Edited by Vulon Bii

2 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

It's a bad time to buy/build a PC because of the goddamn cryptominers, and because the memory manufacturers, Samsung and Micron, shifted production to smartphone memory, because phones "need" 6GB of RAM these days, thus driving up the price of DDR3 and DDR4 desktop memory though the roof. Up until that point, the PC was the fastest growing platform.

Right now, there are over 10 million playing something on Steam, with a peak of over 15 million in the last 48 hours. That is far more than what Sny and Microsoft can say.

That said, claiming console gaming is dying is pretty far-fetched.

• 3 years later...