Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Signature isn't Working Exactly...

Silver Note

(edited)

I've been trying to customize my signature more, and this is what I've been trying to do:

Spoiler

IMG_1058.GIF

Amazing signature by LyraFries

--My OC---

Thing is, this is how it keeps turning out when I try to copy and paste it into my signature:

Spoiler

IMG_1058.GIF

Amazing signature by LyraFries

--My OC---

I know it's not too different, but I've seen other people with centered and smaller text in their signatures. There isn't the option to do those things directly in the signature box, so I have no idea. 

Can anypony help me out? 

Edited by Silver Note
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I used to have a link to my OC (Removed it until character database is fixed), I just hit tab and space a bunch of times to try and center it. I just did trial and error until I got it correct.

As for smaller text, when I go to edit my signature, I see the dropdown menu to change the font size. I edit my signature in my account settings, do you do it there too or somewhere else?

Edited by cpl_dixon

1 hour ago, Snow said:

@Silver Note Could it be that you are using the space bar to get that text into your desired position? if that is the case I suggest use of the centre option highlighted below~sig.png.3128a515026cfbf5f8f86ab153517375.png

I would use that option, but I don't see it anywhere, or not where it should be, at least. I am doing this in account settings, so I have no idea. :derp:

I'll try using the space bar, but I'm just confused as to why it's not coming up. 

25 minutes ago, Silver Note said:

I would use that option, but I don't see it anywhere, or not where it should be, at least. I am doing this in account settings, so I have no idea. :derp:

I'll try using the space bar, but I'm just confused as to why it's not coming up. 

what do you mean? can you take a screen shot of what the window looks like?

(edited)
14 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

When I used to have a link to my OC (Removed it until character database is fixed), I just hit tab and space a bunch of times to try and center it. I just did trial and error until I got it correct.

That's a very bad idea. Keep in mind, that users have different screen resolutions, so even though it will be centered for you, it may end up being misplaced for the others. For example, if somepony will have smaller screen resolution, then it will be displayed more to the right, eventually partially moved to next line, due to no free space left.

If the content is automatically centered, it will nicely follow the center position as you adjust the window size/screen resolution, but if there are just spaces... then RIP. ;) 

Putting spaces like this should be the very last resort. :twi: 

As @Snow mentioned, there's a nice 'Center' button in the editor, that will do the thing perfectly. :) 

12 hours ago, Silver Note said:

Yup yup, this is in account settings.

I assume font settings (color and size) aren't visible as well and it looks like this?

x5LipzL.png

You can't see these buttons, because your window size is too small, thus there is no space on the panel to fit these.:twi: 
HCAXZFs.png If your browser isn't maximized- resize it or maximize it.

HCAXZFs.png If your browser is maximized, but the resolution is too low, try zooming out the browser's contents by scrolling down the middle mouse button while holding controltDjQQcE.gif
It most likely also can be done by configuring scale in the browser's panel.
rgvcfeo.png
That should allow the editor to fit the previously hidden buttons.

Hope that helps! :) 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
14 hours ago, Snow said:

what do you mean? can you take a screen shot of what the window looks like?

Yeah, I can. Sorry I didn't respond right away, I had to turn in for the night. 

Spoiler

IMG_1076.PNG

I don't see any option for font and centering. 

Edited by Silver Note

6 hours ago, Rikifive said:

That's a very bad idea. Keep in mind, that users have different screen resolutions, so even though it will be centered for you, it may end up being misplaced for the others. For example, if somepony will have smaller screen resolution, then it will be displayed more to the right, eventually partially moved to next line, due to no free space left.

If the content is automatically centered, it will nicely follow the center position as you adjust the window size/screen resolution, but if there are just spaces... then RIP. ;) 

As @Snow mentioned, there's a nice 'Center' button in the editor, that will do the thing perfectly. :) 

Yup yup, this is in account settings.

I assume font settings (color and size) aren't visible as well and it looks like this?

x5LipzL.png

You can't see these buttons, because your window size is too small, thus there is no space on the panel to fit these.:twi: 
HCAXZFs.png If your browser isn't maximized- resize it or maximize it.

HCAXZFs.png If your browser is maximized, but the resolution is too low, try zooming out the browser's contents by scrolling down the middle mouse button while holding controltDjQQcE.gif
It most likely also can be done by configuring scale in the browser's panel.
rgvcfeo.png
That should allow the editor to fit the previously hidden buttons.

Hope that helps! :) 

Wow, thanks so much! I'll look into it too see if that was the problem. Thanks for the help! 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Well, thanks for making me look and feel like an idiot. But it was a last resort for me, because this is the only forum I have ever used.

@Silver Note Oh, I've noticed you've tried to set your signature on mobile device. That came to my mind as well. I believe there's exactly the same problem, though I'm not really familiar with editor's behavior on mobile version, so I can't say much. Perhaps try doing something similar or just get to desktop. :P

3 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

Well, thanks for making me look and feel like an idiot. But it was a last resort for me, because this is the only forum I have ever used.

Ouh, sorry if you feel it that way, but that absolutely wasn't my intention. Besides, many people put spaces like that. It's not really that bad, as it works in most cases. :P 
I wasn't judging anything, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to share some information for future reference. :rarity: 

• Brohoof 3