Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Winning the Day-trophy winner changed

Will Guide

WHAT? I thought I officially won the day on July 31st. How could I have lost the trophy to @ShadowDash13 (He's a good friend, but still) AFTER I was ALREADY Announced the Winner hours ago! What's the Tartarus is going on?

The Leaderboard system is officially unfair!

Seriously, how is it SUPPOSED to work? Give me a link or something. 

(Doesn't help that I realized the fact I lost the trophy on my birthday!)

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

How do you know, that you officially won? Was there any message/notification about this? When reporting problems/issues, a good idea would be to post any evidence, that would support your statement. That way the staff would have a better view on what happened. :twi: 

Personally I'm suspecting timezones to be the case. Remember, that when the day ends for you- it may still be going on for the others. The days 'end' at a specific hour, that may seem different for each member.

13 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

How do you know, that you officially won? Was there any message/notification about this? When reporting problems/issues, a good idea would be to post any evidence, that would support your statement. That way the staff would have a better view on what happened. :twi: 

Personally I'm suspecting timezones to be the case. Remember, that when the day ends for you- it may still be going on for the others. The days 'end' at a specific hour, that may seem different for each member.

Several hours ago, I saw a message on my profile that said, 

You last won the day on July 31st. Congratulations, you had the most brohoofed content!

and my Days Won count was one number higher. 

And what happens after I woke up from sleep?! The number went back down one and the date in the message reverted back to the first day I won on May 15th! 

This is intolerable and unacceptable!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, that's odd indeed. Perhaps the counters got recalculated? I've noticed, that they've moved sections around (by the way 'me not like' poniverse forums being almost at the top :rarity:) - perhaps that affected that somehow. It could reinitialize values here and there. It seems like a coincidence, but you never know. But even if...  it's not staff's fault. Nopony did that on purpose. :twi: 

Either way, it's not really something anybody should be concerned by. This feature is kind of abused - simple one sentence posts in forum games will give you way more likes than posting a decent quality content. If anypony should be complaining, then users, that don't play forum games and always end up at the end of the list. :derp: 

Due to that, it's just a number, that doesn't mean anything. It's definitely not something, that should be ruining your day. I've noticed you have friends here and there- they keep poking you, wishing happy birthdays and stuff - how silly like system can be more important than this? :rarity: Friends are a legit scale to help define you your confidence, because there you can't go with the easy route. That's something you should fight for, not just for a random counter, that doesn't mean anything.

Look at me- I don't have many likes, way much less than you. Does that mean I'm a terrible person? Probably yes. i9Q3279.png 

Edited by Rikifive

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

WHAT? I thought I officially won the day on July 31st. How could I have lost the trophy to @ShadowDash13 (He's a good friend, but still) AFTER I was ALREADY Announced the Winner hours ago! What's the Tartarus is going on?

The Leaderboard system is officially unfair!

Seriously, how is it SUPPOSED to work? Give me a link or something. 

(Doesn't help that I realized the fact I lost the trophy on my birthday!)

It's never locked in. If you are winning for most liked content for a specific day, but a bunch of new likes come on for a post created on that day under someone else ... you could lose the trophy.

I actually had this happen to me in reverse thanks to the Canadian releases schedule for FiM. I made a bunch of posts in an official episode thread after the early release viewing and when it was aired in the US I got a massive bump. New eyes on old posts changed the winner awarding me the trophy weeks after my posts. 

The Leaderboard is completely fair in that the Trophy is given to the user who has the most liked content for that day. Even if that day was a while ago. 

Now ... should it stay or should it go? That is a different topic all together. Personally, I don't like it, but I know a few that do so I keep my mouth closed ... until this post. If this is the sort of thing that the Leaderboard will bring, perhaps it should be removed. That's coming from someone with almost 30,000 official likes and 100 trophies. If it's that big of a deal, toss it. 

• Brohoof 2

I dare you to find documentation for this feature on Invision Power Board's site, because it keeps bringing you back to their own Leaderboard on their forums. :)

As @Jeric said, it seems to be constantly recalculated along with all the other statistics as part of the search indexing. In addition, if you have any content hidden, it seems to get recalculated as well. So if you had a post that was part of a thread that got removed, it will likely drop now, where it wouldn't have under the old IP.B 3 software. That and it really needs to stop announcing winners on days that haven't finished yet.

• Brohoof 2