Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Mafia - a game of mystery, murder, and ponies.

Evilshy

Ok, so if you've ever played the party game "mafia" it's kinda like that. 

We'll have many unique characters, all based on characters from the show. These will be randomly assigned (via a random number generator). Once we have enough people, I'll tell you what you are. If you don't like what you are, I can reassign (unless you're the only one who wants a reassignment). 

The game is played in rounds. Each round will have several things happening. The main part is that the players will discuss what has been happening. Certain players will PM me, according to their character. At the end of each round, after i get the relevant PMs, I will post what happened in that round and begin the next one.

YOU ARE TO KEEP YOUR CHARACTER A SECRET. It's no fun if everybody knows whats going on, it's the mystery that makes it fun. Different characters can do different things and win in different ways. the characters are decided into 2 groups, killers and innocents. The killers, well, kill other players and have win conditions based on killing certain ones. The innocents are the non-killers, and each round, they can vote  to imprison a suspected killer. Imprisoned players cannot interact with other players unless otherwise noted.

Players are not to discuss what's going on in game outside of the thread. If you wish to talk privately in game, send a PM to who you want to talk to AND to me, so I can keep up on what's going on. 

the characters are not balanced and are not meant to be, so please don't whine about having a harder time than another player. 

The game can end in 2 ways. 

1) all the killers are imprisoned

2) one of the killers fulfills their win condition. 

The characters and their win conditions:

Celestia: each round, this player can choose another player to save. That player can't die this round. Celestia also survives the first kill attempt on her. wins by surviving till the end. 

Nightmare moon: can kill one player a round. Wins by killing either celestia or the mane 6. Can also free an imprisoned player by giving up killing abilities for this and the next round. 

Pinkie pie: kills one player each round. Wins by killing the other mane 6. Can kill imprisoned ponies. 

Twilight sparkle: each round, this player can investigate the death from the previous round. I will PM them several suspects, one of which will be the killer. You cannot deliberately reveal these names because then people would know you are twilight sparkle. Wins by surviving till the end. 

Rainbow dash: rainbow dash likes to get shit done, so this player is allowed to kill other players if they're suspected of being a killer. However, if you  kill an innocent, you die as well (from shame). So be careful. Wins by surviving. 

Even though she can kill, RD is an innocent. 

Rarity: this player can survive a single kill attempt, and cannot be killed at all by rainbow dash. Wins by surviving. 

Fluttershy: this player can use angel bunny to gather information. Each round, this player will PM me if they want to send angel out. There is a 50% angel will find nothing, a 25% chance she will witness a killing, and 25% chance she will be caught and killed. If angel is caught, then fluttershy will be targeted. (I'll have one of the killers kill fluttershy during the next round.) win condition is surviving. 

Applejack: this player can talk to imprisoned players through PMs. These PMs are still part of the game, so if applejack sends you a PM, you still can't tell her who you are. Applejack can PM to start a vote to release an imprisoned player and the reason why she thinks it would be a good idea. I won't reveal who applejack is, though. wins by surviving. If applejack starts a vote to release a player who is later revealed to be a killer, applejack is imprisoned for conspiracy. 

Derpy hooves: derpy hooves sees all PMs between characters, other than PMs directly to me for kill/save targets, and stuff like that. (I'll forward them to her). Wins by surviving. 

The mayor: gets 2 votes when voting for imprisonment, 3 if it's a tie. Wins by surviving. 

Nurse Redheart: can revive 1 dead player a turn with a 50% success rate. If the attempt fails, that player becomes permanently dead. 

In the event that we need more players, I'll make some more.

So, sign up and ask any questions now. 

Also, it would be nice if you told others about it so we can get enough people.

Edited by Evilshy

• 1 year later...