Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'My Little Pony Roleplaying Game' Talkback

Otaku-sempai

(edited)

Let's talk about the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game by Renegade Game Studios. 

RGS09627-MLP-RPG-core-rules-336pp-book-2000px-shadow-3D-v2023__27700.1701376720.png?c=1

My Little Pony Roleplaying Game (2023 to Present) 

Renegade Games

$55.00 USD

Description: 

Friendship is Magic!

In the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game, players craft their own custom pony character to use in their storytelling game of friendship and magic, as they combat various Threats and other problems in Equestria and beyond throughout their adventures, led by their Game Master. The Game Master can use pre-written adventures (in the Core Rulebook and supplements) or use adventure hooks presented in the book to create all new stories for the players to enjoy.

Features:

• Create a unique Pony character of your very own
  • Complete rulebook for telling your own My Little Pony stories
  • One player is the Game Master who leads the story  for 2–5 other players
  • Contains an introductory story for a new group of friends
  • Full color hardcover book with ribbon bookmark

Book Summary:

• Full Color, Hardcover Book
  • Satin Ribbon Bookmark
  • Ages 14+

The age rating on this game speaks to the age an individual can independently cultivate a quality, as-intended experience for themselves playing the game. It's not to say that younger kids can't play, quite the contrary. It's just suggested that they have a 14+ person helping them play to ensure they have a quality experience.

Edited by Otaku-sempai

(edited)

Here is my homebrew for Bat Ponies (subject to editing).  I hope you like it!

BAT PONY
Accustomed to the harsh winds of the Trotsylvanian Alps, Bat Ponies are strong flyers--though not always as agile as Pegasi--with bat-like wings, tufted ears and cat-like eyes with slit pupils that allow them to see very well at night. They typically have gray coats, black wings and dark-colored manes and tails, though other coat and mane colors do occur. It's true that Bat Ponies have fangs, mostly used for sucking the juice out of fruits--a favorite being mangoes. Bat Ponies dwell in a chain of mountains located east of Equestria, and might be related to Pegasi (though most Bat Ponies themselves dispute this). Bat Ponies make up the Night Guard of Princess Luna.

Bat Ponies are nocturnal by nature. Their unusual appearance and nocturnal habits, combined with a reputation for fierceness, have given rise to the rumor that Bat Ponies are vampires; however, this is just a tall tale spread by superstitious ponies. Other names: Cavalum; Noctral(s); Sarosian(s); Thestral(s).

external image

EXAMPLE BAT PONIES
• The Night Guard: Princess Luna employs Bat Ponies as her personal guard. They can often be seen pulling her carriage.
• Flutterbat: Fluttershy was once accidentally transformed by Twilight Sparkle into a form closely resembling a Bat Pony.

ORIGIN BONUSES
Essence Score Increase: Increase your Strength or Speed, or the Essence tied to an Influence Skill, by 1.
Starting Health: You begin play with 2 Health.
Movement: Your base movements depend on how often you use your wings and your legs. See Air Born, below.

ORIGIN PERKS

Acute Sense (Hearing): Your hearing is much stronger than that of the average pony.
• You gain Edge on Alertness Skill Tests where your hearing can be applied.
• You gain an upshift of 1 on non-Alertness Skill Tests where your hearing can be applied.
Air Born: You were born with wings but without the strength to use them. How fast you fly depends on how well you took to it, and how much your training paid off. Choose one of the following as your starting Movement:
• 15ft ground and 45ft aerial
• 30ft ground and 30ft aerial
• 45ft ground and 15ft aerial.
Lighter Than Air: Aerial acrobatics are in your hollow bones. You get an upshift of 1 on Acrobatics Skill Tests. Unlike Pegasus ponies, you cannot land on clouds or walk around Pegasus sky cities.
Night Eyes: Darkness does not affect you like it does other ponies. You can see in darkness as well as in light.
Cutie Mark Perk: Pick a Skill, Specialization or abstract area you are especially talented with (see pages 30–31) as guided by your GM. You get an upshift of 1 shift on any action that area might apply to.

ALTERNATE ORIGIN PERK
Echolocation (replaces Night Eyes): You have the ability to use sound to navigate in your environment. You does not need to be able to use your eyes to see their environment, and you are immune to the Blinded condition.

Edited by Otaku-sempai