Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

JOINED THIS HERD TODAY

I am sharing my mlp remixes in this forum. Hope you enjoy it!  ;)

NOTE: Spoiler warning for the first remix. (Watch the thirteenth episode of season seven first)

(If I have posted this in the wrong place, then I apologize for it. To be honest, I have no idea where else to post this.)

You can download my remix if you want. (but I don't think there will be anypony who wants to download it. [SAD VIOLIN HERE] )

Edited by Voltex Pixel
  • Brohoof 2

YES! YES! YES! I love remixes. Well, since yesterday. :yay: I always refrained from them because I thought that original, untouched songs were better. However, despite not having the time to listen to these now, I listened a bit to the first one and it's great! I'll definitely check the other out once I have time. :lol: 

I just simply love the second one! :pinkie:

If they are on youtube, I'll add the second one without hesitation. I would like it even more if the vocals were louder. The music now goes alittle over the vocals.

Edited by Hierok

1 hour ago, StrawCherry said:

YES! YES! YES! I love remixes. Well, since yesterday. :yay: I always refrained from them because I thought that original, untouched songs were better. However, despite not having the time to listen to these now, I listened a bit to the first one and it's great! I'll definitely check the other out once I have time. :lol: 

I'm so glad that you love my remix!

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

I just simply love the second one! :pinkie:

If they are on youtube, I'll add the second one without hesitation. I would like it even more if the vocals were louder. The music now goes alittle over the vocals.

Thanks! Here is the YouTube link that you wanted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2M5cZC3tU

P.S. I will remaster this song as soon as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

• Brohoof 1

Ok. They're both good and solid remixes. 

1st

Careful with those sweeping filters on those sawtooths. Gotta make sure they sweep in and out on the beat, unless you planned it that way. The biggest thing however in this one is your percussion. It stales out quickly. To avoid staling, I suggest you add some fills around bars 4 and 8 of each phrase. A phrase is comprised of 8 bars. The standard is 4 beats per bar. I see you had those noise sweep-ins and sweep-outs at the beginning. Nice sawtooths. They could be boosted a bit in the mix however. Where are your plucked leads? They could be running licks during breaks in the lyrics. In terms of your vocals, make sure you don't run them through filters too much. If you do, you can also run them through a compressor. In the compressor, don't compress the volume too much. Instead, lower the attack all the way and bring in the gain a tad so you can have those clear vocals that pronounce consonants clearly. They may sound a little punchy but that's normal for a setting like that. All in all, good remix but watch your staling on your percussion and how you run effects on your vocals. 

2nd

Watch your mixing. Your bright dubstep sawtooths overpower your vocals. I suggest you lower them a little and widen the filter sweep a little more to bring out the wub effect on those sawtooths. Again, your percussion staled out early. You're missing a plucked lead here again. You can have a sawtooth plucked lead running on arpeggios according to the progression your performing. You could also have them doing unique solos as well. Your vocals have too much midrange. Bring in the lows and highs to give them a more wide feel. Better yet, run them stereo or even surround sound because right now, they sound too mono.

All in all, these remixes are good, but they could use some work on mixing, developing, percussion and sound selection. I'm here if you need me. Shoot me a PM if you don't understand anything I said in my critique. 

PS. Welcome to MLPF! 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. They're both good and solid remixes. 

1st

Careful with those sweeping filters on those sawtooths. Gotta make sure they sweep in and out on the beat, unless you planned it that way. The biggest thing however in this one is your percussion. It stales out quickly. To avoid staling, I suggest you add some fills around bars 4 and 8 of each phrase. A phrase is comprised of 8 bars. The standard is 4 beats per bar. I see you had those noise sweep-ins and sweep-outs at the beginning. Nice sawtooths. They could be boosted a bit in the mix however. Where are your plucked leads? They could be running licks during breaks in the lyrics. In terms of your vocals, make sure you don't run them through filters too much. If you do, you can also run them through a compressor. In the compressor, don't compress the volume too much. Instead, lower the attack all the way and bring in the gain a tad so you can have those clear vocals that pronounce consonants clearly. They may sound a little punchy but that's normal for a setting like that. All in all, good remix but watch your staling on your percussion and how you run effects on your vocals. 

2nd

Watch your mixing. Your bright dubstep sawtooths overpower your vocals. I suggest you lower them a little and widen the filter sweep a little more to bring out the wub effect on those sawtooths. Again, your percussion staled out early. You're missing a plucked lead here again. You can have a sawtooth plucked lead running on arpeggios according to the progression your performing. You could also have them doing unique solos as well. Your vocals have too much midrange. Bring in the lows and highs to give them a more wide feel. Better yet, run them stereo or even surround sound because right now, they sound too mono.

All in all, these remixes are good, but they could use some work on mixing, developing, percussion and sound selection. I'm here if you need me. Shoot me a PM if you don't understand anything I said in my critique. 

PS. Welcome to MLPF! 

Thanks for your detailed review! I will try to improve those what you said.

(edited)
3 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

No prob. Anything you didn't understand?

I did understand what you said. I also have logged your review so that I can improve my skills by referring it.

Spoiler

20170819_124333.jpg

3 hours ago, Mirage77 said:

@Voltex Pixel Well done my friend. Sometimes I feel like the only electronica fan here...

Thanks!

Edited by Voltex Pixel