Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Equestria really look like ??

Le Trotteur Sauvage

Maybe it's just a dumb question but, do you have like a complet map of Equestria, made by a creator of the show or something ??? Because except from the cutie map, we never really see what the land looks like, we know the existence of big city from all over the US (san franciscolt etc) but I think I never see a really map.
Maybe it's somewhere in the comics but I didn't read them all yet so if somepony could help me it will be kind of you ! :)
Much love.

12 minutes ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

Maybe it's just a dumb question but, do you have like a complet map of Equestria, made by a creator of the show or something ??? Because except from the cutie map, we never really see what the land looks like, we know the existence of big city from all over the US (san franciscolt etc) but I think I never see a really map.
Maybe it's somewhere in the comics but I didn't read them all yet so if somepony could help me it will be kind of you ! :)
Much love.

Maybe something like this? eq_map.jpg Besides this, I don't really know

On a side note, now that I looked at this map, I see that they originally wanted Las Pegasus to be a reference to L.A., and Applewood to Hollywood! Yet, in Viva Las Pegasus they obviously decided for it to reference Vegas:ooh:

Edited by Velvet Blush
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

That's pretty good but you see, the map is not complete, we clearly see that the land are cute on the side, like if it was only a "region" of the kingdom and not ALL the planet !

There is no guarantee it's even a planet. But do bear in mind "here be dragons" is literal....:)

Just now, CypherHoof said:

There is no guarantee it's even a planet. But do bear in mind "here be dragons" is literal....:)

What you said is interesting, we're not even sure it's a planet ! Do they live in a round planet in space somewhere or is it just a flat land lost in the middle of nowhere in space or in a magical environnement we don't know ??

1 minute ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

What you said is interesting, we're not even sure it's a planet ! Do they live in a round planet in space somewhere or is it just a flat land lost in the middle of nowhere in space or in a magical environnement we don't know ??

We don't know. the "known equestria" is on the map, although it doesn't specify the lands the ponies came from fleeing the windigos... and that's pretty much all we know. EqG is even smaller, consisting of one city, one suburban area, and a parkland area where Everfree is....

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

We don't know. the "known equestria" is on the map, although it doesn't specify the lands the ponies came from fleeing the windigos... and that's pretty much all we know. EqG is even smaller, consisting of one city, one suburban area, and a parkland area where Everfree is....

I hope someday they're going to explain us, make an episode on some new area, I mean, maybe there is Yakyakistan outside of Equestria and then what ??
And for EqG it's not that bad because we automatically assume they all live somewhere in the US because the high school is exactly a copy of American high school !
Me, I wanna know what's beyond of Equestria, discover new land !

Just now, Trotteur Sauvage said:

I hope someday they're going to explain us, make an episode on some new area, I mean, maybe there is Yakyakistan outside of Equestria and then what ??

Whatever they need it to be. That's the benefit of having white borders on your map - you can just expand it in that direction when you need the story to grow.

Just now, Trotteur Sauvage said:

And for EqG it's not that bad because we automatically assume they all live somewhere in the US because the high school is exactly a copy of American high school !

Not necessarily. Just consider all the fantasy-realm series that are set in sorta-american-highschools but clearly aren't because magic and strange creatures and stuff. Here, it's apparently perfectly normal for teenage girls to have a wide range of pastel skin colours you wouldn't normally see in the US.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Whatever they need it to be. That's the benefit of having white borders on your map - you can just expand it in that direction when you need the story to grow.

AND I REALLY HOPE THEY WILL !

11 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

it's apparently perfectly normal for teenage girls to have a wide range of pastel skin colours you wouldn't normally see in the US.

:lol: yeah ! Haven't thought about that !

Maybe it's like The Planet Of The Apes. Looking all nice n' dandy but when you zoom out you see a decayed statue of liberty surrounded by desert.

Edited by PanicAttack
This was not a good joke.
  • Brohoof 1