Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Equestria was real?

CuddlyPowel

For me seeing a real life equivalent of a cartoon for the first time would most likely feel like some sort of a weird fever dream. At the same time I'd want to go for a visit and maybe befriend some of the locals.

If it was real, I would probably consider live there than on Earth, probably for the amount of kind, "quick forgiven", adventures I could have. Along with befriending the Mane Six. 

Though, not joining in the Gala party - the Mane Six would probably insist on going with them.

Wonder what form I would be turned into if it was all real.

Get there first and make damn sure a lot of other people don't

Equestria is a beautiful place and I want it to stay that way, un corrupted and uninterrupted by man.

• Brohoof 1

But... Equestria is real. That said, it is somewhere in South Africa so obviously it's not the colourful, pony-populated land we know it as. But anyway, back on point. If it was real, I would be off to live there and befriend ponies in a second. But I would also hope it was possible for my family and friends to come visit. 

I actually had a dream about this once... It got very complicated very fast once the government discovered its existence. The rift to the world of Equestria was shut down until experiments could be done to ensure the rift was safe, as well as until laws could be established between Equestria and the nations of Earth regarding trade, immigration/emigration, job outsourcing, the value of the bit compared to other world currencies, punishments for violating the laws, etc....

My mind is apparently pretty dang attentive to detail if it thought of all of that... But I did get to have a rather nice conversation with Fluttershy c:

Edited by Hocus Pocus

I'd check it out to see what kind of place it was and whether the show was accurately portraying things correctly, and then I would use the portal in Twilight's castle to see the human world of Equestria Girls for the same reasons.

Well In the last few months I've had a series of dreams that actually had me creating equestria. So in the beginning I discovered universal energy that was basically active dark energy. Plus I then started creating computers using it so I could actually use it to do things. I then decided to create the ponies from MLP starting with princess Celesta and Luna as super advanced universal energy robots in attempt to make human society as close to perfect as possible. Even Laren Foust joined me in the project to help design and program the ponies personalities. We then developed earth into a city called Troneon. Later we knew we needed a new place for half of the ponies so we then went ahead to create equestria on a wasteland planet in another universe.

So sorry if you don't understand this as it my be a bit confusing to understand at first. :)

Plus I'm actually most likely to go down this path in the future!!!

• 3 years later...

If Equestria was real, I'd probably go there with an army, dismantle some of the monarchies, start a war, and even make Yakyakistan Islam (since most countries irl with the ending of stan are islamic). 

• 2 weeks later...

Like many people, I'd move there as soon as possible, abandon the human world forever and never look back. 

Okay, I might bring along a stash of cheeseburgers, cuz dang, a girl's gotta eat and daffodil sandwiches have a limited appeal. 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/3/2016 at 2:43 PM, CuddlyPowel said:

I know Mlp is just a fictional cartoon show. But, what if my little pony

world was real, what do you think and what would you do?

I think everyone/everypony would move there, even the ones who never accepted MLP in the first place. It would become a problem, and pollute the ecosystem and political structure of Equestria. Think about it like the Toilet Paper situation right now with the Coronavirus. You think it would be a problem, but when too many people start doing it, it just goes out of hand.

So if the portals were open, to this wonderful and colorful world, for any to join, to leave Earth behind. Well, that seems like a nice thing, but would probably end up making more harm than good.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I think everyone/everypony would move there, even the ones who never accepted MLP in the first place.

Why do you think so? I don't think I'd move to Equestria that easily, especially if it was a one-way trip. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Why do you think so? I don't think I'd move to Equestria that easily, especially if it was a one-way trip. 

Equestria is made to look like a paradise (if it was real it would be a paradise). And most people don't live their dream (yet).
I wouldn't move.... I think. But then again, if it was real I might not have a say. I believe you would also think differently if it was real. If you had seen it with your own eyes.

(I mean, I never though I would buy all the tp in the store yesterday, but I did! :worry:)

42 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I believe you would also think differently if it was real. If you had seen it with your own eyes.

Well, if it was a one-way trip I'd have to think real hard and, if I decide to do it, find some shipping containers or rail cars for all the stuff I would have to bring there.

If I can just visit it, then I'd do it, maybe figure out how to get an autograph of at least one of the main 6.

46 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Equestria is made to look like a paradise (if it was real it would be a paradise).

It really does not look like that to me, well, aside from a few ponies I'd love to meet. For one, it seems to be a very dangerous place with multiple incidents occurring rather quickly one after the other (Ponyville seems to be the most dangerous, but other places are not safe either).

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

It really does not look like that to me, well, aside from a few ponies I'd love to meet. For one, it seems to be a very dangerous place with multiple incidents occurring rather quickly one after the other (Ponyville seems to be the most dangerous, but other places are not safe either).

Compared to our world, which is full of dangers of a different nature, Equestria is always protected by the Mane 6, and they will always succeed to protect us, one way or another. On the other side of things, normal ponies don't even look at Twilight when she trots down the street, making a daily life (as a normal pony) in Equestria seem rather easy and beneficial. A paradise of a life.
A huge amount of humans from our world would stand in line to get into Equestria without even looking at the danger, because all they would see is colorful ponies and rainbows, and an easy life waiting there.

I am not saying that you would enjoy it, since the things you enjoy in our world might not exist in Equestria (like electricity, radios, and computers). But there are equally valuable thing there like fire breathing dragons, Discord dimensions, and just magic in general. And a lot of technical manuals (books) of how things work! And math seems to be a thing in Equestria as well.

3 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

maybe figure out how to get an autograph of at least one of the main 6.

Stand in line!

There are at least 500.000 (new) people that now call themselves bronies to get into Equestria for a better than average life. And they will do anything to reach the main 6, or try to reach the princesses. Even background ponies and Spike would be celebrities on a higher scale.

59 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Compared to our world, which is full of dangers of a different nature, Equestria is always protected by the Mane 6, and they will always succeed to protect us, one way or another.

Yeah, but I wonder how good it is for the average pony (especially living in Ponyville), who gets his house etc damaged every once in a while. It's like living in a warzone, except that instead of bombs it's one super powerful monster after another. Or an actual invasion and occupation.

1 hour ago, Super Splashee said:

But there are equally valuable thing there like fire breathing dragons, Discord dimensions, and just magic in general.

First is dangerous, second does not make sense and third is only useful if you are a unicorn.

since the things you enjoy in our world might not exist in Equestria (like electricity, radios, and computers).

That's why shipping containers. Some guns and a lot of ammo would be in them as well (aside from protection, I like shooting). 

There are at least 500.000 (new) people that now call themselves bronies to get into Equestria for a better than average life. And they will do anything to reach the main 6, or try to reach the princesses. Even background ponies and Spike would be celebrities on a higher scale.

In which case I would not even bother. While it would be nice to get an autograph of at least one of the main 6, my wish for it is not so strong that I would wait in line for more than a couple of hours. Hell, probably if one of them came to the real world (say, the USA) and hosted an event where she would sign stuff for people (no quarantine etc), I most likely would not even bother to go to the US for it. If she came to Vilnius (~100km from me), I'd probably go.

• Brohoof 1