Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Jersey Shore Shark Incident

Grtxkkyz

Did you knew about this???You know,The Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916 were a series of shark attacks along the coast of New Jersey between July 1 and July 12, 1916, in which four people were killed and one injured. Since 1916, scholars have debated which shark species was responsible and the number of animals involved, with the great white shark and the bull shark most frequently being blamed. The attacks occurred during a deadly summer heat wave and polio epidemic in the Northeastern United States that drove thousands of people to the seaside resorts of the Jersey Shore. Shark attacks on the Atlantic Coast of the United States outside the semitropical states of Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas were rare, but scholars believe that the increased presence of sharks and humans in the water led to the attacks in 1916.

Posted Image

Dude, how many threads have you made xD

(no offence intended)

Lol, the first thing I thought when I saw the tittle, was that the annoying show "The jersey shore" someone from the crew got attacked, and I was really hoping it was that annoying snooki xD

• Brohoof 1

Imma be dead honest, I thought this thread was gonna be about some freak shark eating Snooki or some other Jersey Shore cast member.

Beat me to it. Had my hopes up pretty high for a second....

Lol, the first thing I thought when I saw the tittle, was that the annoying show "The jersey shore" someone from the crew got attacked, and I was really hoping it was that annoying snooki xD

I thought the same thing, sadly no...

Imma be dead honest, I thought this thread was gonna be about some freak shark eating Snooki or some other Jersey Shore cast member.

If only if only...

But honestly, is there an actual point to the thread?

Darn, this thread is actually intersting. I avoided checking it just because I was deterred by the words "Jersey Shore".

No living thing would put that in it's mouth for free.

Goddamn.

I thought the Jersey Shore cast were attacked by sharks.

That would be the apex of all the most wonderful gifts I have received.

Let's all pick a random news article from a century ago and start a thread!

"Yay!"

- Fluttershy

Guys!

Guys!

Did you hear about this?

We went to the fuckin' moon guys!

The fuckin' moon! Russia ain't got shit on us now!

Haha yeah.

Guys!

Guys!

Did you hear about this?

We went to the fuckin' moon guys!

The fuckin' moon! Russia ain't got shit on us now!

You're kidding? Lucky Lindy only just crossed the Atlantic! Now we're on the moon too! It's going to be a simply smashing twentieth century!

(edited)

I love sharks :3. It makes me sad that they're getting over fished, when they do attack it's usually because of dumbass swimmers going near their young or getting mistaken for seals. I laughed my ass off when I found out that more people are killed by donkeys in a year than by sharks.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)