Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

12 minutes ago, Gone Airbourne said:

What would your most romantic place look like? Setting or artwork that would be the perfect place for a date?

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fdc8816b113e2c4ea5fc5f697a894bc5.jpg

Mine would be sometime in the Autumn 💚

Oh... perhaps something like this; 

Spoiler

27ff5f2e47f480de6cb99a2a61f9f64a.jpg

:bedeyes:

On 09/05/2018 at 12:28 AM, Sunset Rose said:

If the mare in the mirror does not count, then I don't know if I could say... It could have been a long time ago when I was very young. One of my parents perhaps.

Tch, no sordid stories of stalkerhood?

Disappointing.

On 09/05/2018 at 12:28 AM, Sunset Rose said:

Whichever of you that implied I was old by bolding an expression. :wat:

is that a threat :o

What's the most recent question you've been asked in reality and what was your response?

Who's the most pony pony you know?

Since when why Churchill would wittily catastrophise?

If you threw a random object in your immediate vicinity at me, how likely would it be to break one of my bones?

6 hours ago, Duality said:

is that a threat :o

No! No, of course not. Only if I were to have gotten a sponge would it have been a threat. :dash:

What's the most recent question you've been asked in reality and what was your response?

The one above this one...?

(My mother called asking if I wanted to drive out to the farmer's market with her. I told her we should wait for me to be less hungover first. x~x )

Who's the most pony pony you know?

Well, asking a pony this is like asking who the most influential role-model would be, and here in Canterlot I think that would be Princess Celestia herself. The patron saint of sunlight and snarky tongue-in-cheek jokes.

Since when why Churchill would wittily catastrophise?

Since yes.

If you threw a random object in your immediate vicinity at me, how likely would it be to break one of my bones?

Ooh... I don't know about that. Probably not likely at all, it's just a little wooden teacup. ^ ^;

On 13/05/2018 at 7:44 AM, Sunset Rose said:

No! No, of course not. Only if I were to have gotten a sponge would it have been a threat. :dash:

what dire deeds would you perpetrate if you had that sponge

On 13/05/2018 at 7:44 AM, Sunset Rose said:

Ooh... I don't know about that. Probably not likely at all, it's just a little wooden teacup. ^ ^;

A brutal weapon indeed.

When was the last time you updated your C.V./résumé?

How long have you been Elvis Presley?

How old are you on a scale of one to ten?

When was the last time you found money just lying on the sidewalk?

4 hours ago, Duality said:

When was the last time you updated your C.V./résumé?

Several years at least. I've had this job since I finished up at Celestia's School. It's good practice to do one up every now and then but I just haven't done it.

How long have you been Elvis Presley?

Pres-cisely 15 seconds. 

How old are you on a scale of one to ten?

Let's say 5.

When was the last time you found money just lying on the sidewalk?

I should ever be so lucky to just find money like that. Never!

What color is your eye color? :squee: What's your favorite color in general?

Oh and what would your favorite car be 😮?

19 minutes ago, Gone Airbourne said:

What color is your eye color?

If you look into my profile you will see my eye color in my banner. :)

What's your favorite color in general?

I really like violets and pinks! Normally I'm pretty partial to cool colors.

Oh and what would your favorite car be?

(Oh I am not a very good person to ask about cars. ^ ^;
I suppose the car I've rode in that I like the most was an Opel Astra that my old roommate drove. It was really comfy.) :squee:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

For some reason I feel like you are from Russia. Are you from Russia?

(Close! I am from Latvia, but I understand a fair bit of Russian.)

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

@Stormfury Eidetic memory for sure! I don't know if I have many reasons to have synesthesia. cx

How do you feel about acquiring both through research?

7 hours ago, Stormfury said:

How do you feel about acquiring both through research?

If it were possible then I might search for a way for the former but the prior would see very little effort from me. It's a really nifty thing to have, I just don't know that I'll have a need for it.

I wonder how an eidetic memory would effect a person's enjoyment of things. Like for example, I read a lot. If I could vividly remember every little detail and bit of imagery I had in my head whilst reading it, would it change how I feel about those stories over time?

6 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

How do you survive the winter? 

Hot tea, hot soup, tons of blankets and an endlessly roaring fireplace. :D

In winter many of my hobbies are shut down but it leaves me with plenty of reading time. ^ ^

1 hour ago, Stormfury said:

Do you agree with the meme below: ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKhlCGf_8SvwJ_OtbuTRc

(Sure, and just about as good as the worst Jedi, I'd say. Passion, strength, power, victory.)

Greetings, @Sunset Rose!

I was wondering:

"Were you the librarian before Twilight Sparkle arrived in Ponyville or did you take over as librarian after the Golden Oak Library disaster?"

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

@Sparklefan1234

Unfortunately I live in Canterlot, not Ponyville. ^ ^;

From what I remember, one of the ponies living in Ponyville was working two jobs, one of them being librarian and caretaker of Golden Oaks, and was alleviated of that position when Princess Celestia placed Twilight there. I don't recall who that pony was but I am pretty sure they're still in Ponyville. Golden Oaks used to buy overstock from us, though that stopped happening when Twilight became the head librarian there. I'm pretty sure she knows all of what we rent out by heart.

37 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

I've always liked your username, what was your inspiration behind it? :ooh:

Thank you for the compliment, Nightfall Gloam! Someone asked about my name some time back, but my mother's name is Endora Rose and that's where I get the second name from. 'Sunset' was a creative decision on her and my father's part. But I am quite fond of it too, it's perfectly fitting as pony names tend to be. ^ ^

I do wonder how parents always seem to know how to name their children... some names outright predict their cutie marks and destinies!

(I came up with the name some time ago when I was dealing with some particularly difficult things in life. It was originally going to be a pen name for poetry and creative writing practices but when I discovered ponies it was the perfect fit for a pony name. Originally the idea of using it for Rosie's name (also the idea of Rosie in the first place) was when I was out for a jog in 2010. I was thinking about ponies and the community and wanting to have a name for myself, and I had tried to modify the name a bit but instead stuck with Sunset Rose because it already had a place of importance in my mind.)

@Sparklefan1234

Well I still don't fully understand what makes the Everfree Forest so unique. It's been a life goal of mine to understand how botanical ecologies in that space work and I still am no closer to an answer than I was years ago. It'll take a lot of work, but a total understanding of the Everfree Forest is my biggest goal. ^ ^

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

What is your favorite activity to do during the summer?

Gardening and traveling are at the top of my list. And by traveling I mean heading too and from the Everfree Forest. It is still a bit of a trip to make from here to there. ^ ^
When I'm not working on research, I like to garden. It's very relaxing to me.

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

What is your favorite book to read by the fire?

If there's a fire going then it's probably winter, if it's winter I am thinking about Hearth's Warming so it is probably one of those old pony's tales about the windigos or about the spirit of Hearth's Warming. ^ ^