Register now to remove this ad.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twilight Kyle

A friends system?

4 posts in this topic

I looked around a bit but I don't see a feature for adding ponies as friends. I think this would be a great feature given the subject matter of the forum.

Unfortunately, we *had* a friends system that was integral to the forum software we were using (Invision Power Board) and separate from the following of topics, blogs, etc. But for reasons known only to them they decided to remove the friends system in the 4.0 upgrade, moving into having it use the following mechanics instead. As far as I'm aware, nobody has built a add-on for IP.B 4.x that puts the friends system back the way it was in 3.x. :( 

3 people brohoof this

1 hour ago, Fhaolan said:

Unfortunately, we *had* a friends system that was integral to the forum software we were using (Invision Power Board) and separate from the following of topics, blogs, etc. But for reasons known only to them they decided to remove the friends system in the 4.0 upgrade, moving into having it use the following mechanics instead. As far as I'm aware, nobody has built a add-on for IP.B 4.x that puts the friends system back the way it was in 3.x. :( 

They said that they preferred the content subscription system found in social media platforms to the old friend system. The whole thing caused a fracas with some of their older third party developers getting hot and bothered and Charles doubling down a little. Well ... a lot. 

They are a weird company. It feels like old people trying to act young ... 

1 person brohoofs this

2 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Oh darn, that's a shame.