Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rant/Story About the Time I met Tara Strong

Octavia_Melody2

This was a bit of a while ago, back in July, but I was at Supercon in Raleigh, NC cause my friend wanted to meet up there. So I'm in the "basement" area where all the merchandise vendors are and I run across the celebrity autograph section. Most of them are empty but I saw the header "Tara Strong" and a crowd behind it and I'm like "no way" and try to find the line. I end up in the line for the guy who voices Steven Universe behind this massive crowd of fan girls until a con staff member asks me what line I'm looking for. So the line for Tara Strong is considerably smaller and I find out that I'm the only brony in a line full of parents with their kids. So I'm a bit embarrassed but I shuffle through the line and it turns out there's a separate line for people with VIP passes. So this one guy with a VIP pass starts coming up and shouting "Bubblelicious!" and telling Tara Strong that she is his childhood hero and I'm just standing there cringing. And then I find out that autographs are $30 bucks a pop (at Animazement I got a free voice actor autograph) and I'm a little miffed. But I shell out the 30 bucks (for another 20 I could've gotten my pic taken with her but I passed). So I get an autographed pic of Twilight Sparkle (her handwriting reads "Tara Sty" almost) and I'm pretty chill. To be fair, Tara Strong is a real good sport with the little kids, making them feel special. Also, she's a real sport about dealing with creepers, etc. (sorry but there are some toxic elements to the fandom). Anyways, rant over, here's a video with the proof showing of my MLP collection.

Edited by Octavia_Melody2