Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Realistically a Dragon-Changeling war

Whirlwindmark

Thing I really thought was silly in Triple Threat, was the fact Spike thought Thorax would have the guts to declare war on an entire species, when he's sweeter then honey, I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual Changeling fretting is like Eastern European like and involves cheek kissing. Changelings do love to share love so a friendly kissing is not out of the question.

But in truth, from what I have read in the canon novels, not even Celestia and Luna's power could hold a nobody dragon down. In other words, or even Alicorn stop can stop a dragon for long

I think Dragons are the most powerful race in this world. Which is why Twilight was afraid of Garble. You think a Princess would be less scared. If they wanted to, Dragons could conquer and enslave Equestria, but they have no interest in that sort of thing. 

Really, a Dragon-Changeling War would not destroy Equestria, it would last about two days before Ember's armies completely exterminate them like ants. Dragons are superior Fighters, live thousands of years, and are under a super smart female leader.

In other words, this would not be a war, it would be a massacre.

Its best they are allies now not enemies.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Twilight said, "It won't happen," because everything worked out, Spike was worried and over reacted a little bit, his reason was Ember and Thorax both came on the same day, and Spike got worried.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Thing I really thought was silly in Triple Threat, was the fact Spike thought Thorax would have the guts to declare war on an entire species, when he's sweeter then honey, I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual Changeling fretting is like Eastern European like and involves cheek kissing. Changelings do love to share love so a friendly kissing is not out of the question.

But in truth, from what I have read in the canon novels, not even Celestia and Luna's power could hold a nobody dragon down. In other words, or even Alicorn stop can stop a dragon for long

I think Dragons are the most powerful race in this world. Which is why Twilight was afraid of Garble. You think a Princess would be less scared. If they wanted to, Dragons could conquer and enslave Equestria, but they have no interest in that sort of thing. 

Really, a Dragon-Changeling War would not destroy Equestria, it would last about two days before Ember's armies completely exterminate them like ants. Dragons are superior Fighters, live thousands of years, and are under a super smart female leader.

In other words, this would not be a war, it would be a massacre.

Its best they are allies now not enemies.

I imagine Spike thought that the Changelings were still fearsome warriors, just more peaceful.

Also, external canon is different, dragons don't seem as tough in the show really.

• Brohoof 2

Dragons may have brute force and power, but changelings have training, tactics and combat expirience on their side. If they can take a capital city on high alert in broad day light, they can handle dragons.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Dragons may have brute force and power, but changelings have training, tactics and combat expirience on their side. If they can take a capital city on high alert in broad day light, they can handle dragons.

No way. The Changelings would be slaughtered. Plus Ember is a strategist, Thorax is....eh.

It would be like General Patton vs Gahndi.

3 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

No way. The Changelings would be slaughtered. Plus Ember is a strategist, Thorax is....eh.

It would be like General Patton vs Gahndi.

Dude. The changelings captured the mane 6, who managed to best a few demigods to that point, and would go on to best more. They are an organized fighting force. And don't equate Throax being a push over for being incompetent. He did make it out of that invasion after all. 

Dragons don't cross me as being very strategic thinkers. From what little we've seen, they lack any formal combat training, have no military, no government and only the loosest from of leadership. And Ember doesn't strike me as much of a tactician either. She's smart, but she's no soldier. At least thorax had seen combat. 

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Dude. The changelings captured the mane 6, who managed to best a few demigods to that point, and would go on to best more. They are an organized fighting force. And don't equate Throax being a push over for being incompetent. He did make it out of that invasion after all. 

Dragons don't cross me as being very strategic thinkers. From what little we've seen, they lack any formal combat training, have no military, no government and only the loosest from of leadership. And Ember doesn't strike me as much of a tactician either. She's smart, but she's no soldier. At least thorax had seen combat. 

Dragons are superior in every way to those ticks.

1 minute ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Dragons are superior in every way to those ticks.

Except in discipline, formal combat training, knowledge of weapons or armor, knowledge how to build forts, castles and living quarters, how to run security and defense perimeters, how to follow orders without being magically compelled, how to have a stable form of government or how to have any plan other than a head on charge. 

Not to mention that changelings have the edges in both magic and simple technology. One on one? Yes, a dragon would win? Army versus army? Best to bet on the army that's actually won a battle. 

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Except in discipline, formal combat training, knowledge of weapons or armor, knowledge how to build forts, castles and living quarters, how to run security and defense perimeters, how to follow orders without being magically compelled, how to have a stable form of government or how to have any plan other than a head on charge. 

Not to mention that changelings have the edges in both magic and simple technology. One on one? Yes, a dragon would win? Army versus army? Best to bet on the army that's actually won a battle. 

Yawn. Let's just agree to disagree. Dragons pwn those ticks.

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yes a dragon would win. And dragons aside from magic born Spuke are resistant to magic, including Alicorn magic, cockroach magic won't do much.

lets agree to disagree and live and let live.