Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars games

Smarts

I've been in a Star Wars game mood lately, so hey I'll revive this. :P

My favourite is probably the original Battlefront 2. Like many others here, I also spent many hours on that game.

Another one I liked was Super Star Wars. I played it on a SNES emulator years ago and enjoyed it, despite how difficult it was. I could never get past the escape from Mos Eisley (Stage 10). I've only played A New Hope, but I've heard that Empire and Jedi are slightly more beginner friendly.

I live and breathe all things Star Wars…except games. Still, I have played a few over the years, but most are older games. The ones I recall are:

Star Wars Arcade (arcades only, but GREAT game),

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Atari),

Shadows of the Empire (N64),

Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64),

Jedi Power Battles (Dreamcast),

Star Wars Demolition (Dreamcast),

Star Wars Starfighter (XBox),

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4).

There may have been others, but these are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

The original arcade game is my favorite ever. Shadows of the Empire was fun-ish (the Gall level was ridiculously hard). That game had some serious frustration issues involved. Episode I Racer was the best racing game of any kind I ever played; loads of fun. Starfighter was a big favorite; it had the perfect concept; fly ships and shoot stuff. Very simple and very satisfying. Battlefront wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be, for me anyway. It had its points but overall it didn’t deliver. But I can be hard to please when it comes to games. Now if you want to talk about Star Wars non-video games, I can go there. 

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I live and breathe all things Star Wars…except games. Still, I have played a few over the years, but most are older games. The ones I recall are:

There may have been others, but these are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

The original arcade game is my favorite ever. Shadows of the Empire was fun-ish (the Gall level was ridiculously hard). That game had some serious frustration issues involved. Episode I Racer was the best racing game of any kind I ever played; loads of fun. Starfighter was a big favorite; it had the perfect concept; fly ships and shoot stuff. Very simple and very satisfying. Battlefront wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be, for me anyway. It had its points but overall it didn’t deliver. But I can be hard to please when it comes to games. Now if you want to talk about Star Wars non-video games, I can go there. 

Dreambiscuit had a Dreamcast? :devious:

• Delighted Giggle 2

Both Battlefront and the LEGO Star Wars games were my jam wayback growing up, and I still have fond memories playing Rogue Squadron on the N64, in fact it just so happen to be Rogue Squadron that made me a Star Wars fan in the first place, so I do have to owe a lot to that game for introducing me to the franchise.

• Delighted Giggle 1

(edited)
15 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Steam has the PC version of Shadows that I think is better with the detailed cutscenes and music. 

Please say you had heck loads of fun with Dash's jetpack and the Boba Fett boss @Dreambiscuit:kindness:  

Battlefront II (2017) is worth a play, because of more options, a story and the Steam achievement thumbnails:mlp_please:  

Squadrons has flight and combat simulation of Rebel and Imperial starfighters in the openness of space.  Hookup a joystick system, Y-wings rule:secret:  

Jedi:  Fallen Order is character and story driven with lore that should fulfill your needs.  Hoping it won't be too long for you to grab its sequel Jedi Survivor.  

Finally, how can we forget long and ongoing online multiplayer RPG that is The Old Republic, the final ongoing game of Legends cannon;)  Though you will need to subscribe if you want to access the 2nd half or two-thirds of the story content.  

15 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

Dreambiscuit had a Dreamcast? :devious:

I still have a Dreamcast, how 'bout :ooh:you @TheRockARooster?  

11 hours ago, Spark Thunderbass said:

Both Battlefront and the LEGO Star Wars games were my jam wayback growing up, and I still have fond memories playing Rogue Squadron on the N64, in fact it just so happen to be Rogue Squadron that made me a Star Wars fan in the first place, so I do have to owe a lot to that game for introducing me to the franchise.

What about the PC version of Rogue Squadron?  

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Steam has the PC version of Shadows that I think is better with the detailed cutscenes and music. 

Please say you had heck loads of fun with Dash's jetpack and the Boba Fett boss @Dreambiscuit:kindness:  

Battlefront II (2017) is worth a play, because of more options, a story and the Steam achievement thumbnails:mlp_please:  

Squadrons has flight and combat simulation of Rebel and Imperial starfighters in the openness of space.  Hookup a joystick system, Y-wings rule:secret:  

Jedi:  Fallen Order is character and story driven with lore that should fulfill your needs.  Hoping it won't be too long for you to grab its sequel Jedi Survivor.  

Finally, how can we forget long and ongoing online multiplayer RPG that is The Old Republic, the final ongoing game of Legends cannon;)  Though you will need to subscribe if you want to access the 2nd half or two-thirds of the story content.  

I still have a Dreamcast, how 'bout :ooh:you @TheRockARooster?  

What about the PC version of Rogue Squadron?  

I still have a Dreamcast. :grin:

• Party! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-16 at 5:27 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

The pc version sounds good but I doubt I'll ever get a game to play on my pc (it crashes just from opening my email!)

As for the jetpack and Boba Fett boss, I still have nightmares about trying to beat that horrible battle. :LunaMCM:

• Hugs 2

I keep forgetting that Dark Forces got an HD rerelease, need to get on that soon

speaking of which, anyone getting the Battlefront remasters? Those are easily some of my favorite Star Wars games

Spoiler

Where in the Hell is Rogue Squadron 

• smile 1

23 minutes ago, Megas said:

I keep forgetting that Dark Forces got an HD rerelease, need to get on that soon

speaking of which, anyone getting the Battlefront remasters? Those are easily some of my favorite Star Wars games

Hide contents

Where in the Hell is Rogue Squadron 

Rogue Squadron is on Steam and GOG.  Sadly, nothing planned for its GameCube sequels.  

• 1 month later...