Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who is your favorite Jedi/Sith in Star Wars?

joanro

Like the title reads, who is your favorite Jedi and/or Sith in Star Wars? The character could be from the films or expanded universe(novels, comics, video games, etc.,). Who is your favorite and why?

Edited by joanro

Obi-Wan Kenobi for favourite Jedi. For me, he always represented what the ideal Jedi was and felt like a character that I could connect to. For favourite Sith, I'm torn between Vader and Palpatine. Vader because...he's Darth Vader. Palpatine on the other hand is just a perfect villain and you just can't help but enjoy seeing him in action.

Edited by Cash_In

Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku and Obi Wan Kenobi. They have a practical sense about them and I like their grandfatherly relationship with the former having been trained by yoda and then training Qui Gon Jinn.

Darth Maul has such a good story because of the Clone Wars series though, so can't help but root for the chaos he brings to the table as a third party.

My favorite Jedi is Yoda. He’s the best of the best for his unwavering clarity, focus and wisdom. I love Luke and Ahsoka Tano, but I’m giving the top spot to the little green guy. My favorite Sith is a tricky one. Hard not to give it to the epitome of great Sithiness, Darth Vader; but Palpatine/Darth Sidious is so dang creepy and vile! He loves being bad and I have to give him perks for that. So Yoda and Palpatine take the trophies home as far as I’m concerned. 

• Brohoof 1

• Jedi: Obi wan and Ashoka 
  • Sith: Darth Vader, the inquisitor (the rebel series) Kylo, and most of them all, Ventress. Everything about her is perfect, the looks, the personality, everyhing. I appreciated how she also have a soft side too. 

sergey-kykhylov-sw-final.jpg?1454177905

I know this is a figure but this is her best look!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNezcwi9dYjsYek0ExxoI

Can I go beyond?

Bounty Hunter is more of my turf, so my three favorites is Boba fett, Cad Bane, and Aurra sing while the top favorite is Embo. On the military side, which I think it’s the most underrated since there are some good amount of characters. Captain Plasma, General Hux, General Grievous, and Captain Rex

As for Jedi, I'd say Obi-Wan Kenobi. When it comes to Sith... I'm gonna have to say either Palpatine or Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus).

Im gonna give an honorable mention to Revan, who, in the old expanded universe canon, was both a Jedi and a Sith at various times in his life and had one of the most captivating life stories of any Star Wars character ever in my opinion. The guy deserves a movie trilogy of his own.37820021ca68a062ab6465133252f5f4.jpg

• Brohoof 1

For Jedi, Qui-Gon for me, a rare pick. He seemed to be the smartest Jedi out there and understood what was going on; he could have prevented a lot of unfortunate events.

For Sith, I gotta go with Vader for being my favorite character across the SW universe. From origins to the end, I enjoyed his story a lot.

And obligatory KOTOR love: I love Revan and Bastila.

Edited by Pastel-chan
Spelling
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

Time for Old Republic (2011) stuff,

Jedi

Satele Shan

Her Being a brave Jedi leader and the descendant of Revan and Bastila Shan.  

Sith

Darth Marr

Willing to be obedient to rules, efficient to goals and battle the Jedi and Republic on only an even playing field.  Shame that he dies:( in Knights of the Fallen Empire, Chapter 1:(  

Darth Malgus

The guy is a manipulative b:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: for what he does to both the Republic and Empire.  

Pulling strings:dry: during the Ilum crystal crises for both sides to dispose even his Sith associates.  Just to create his own :ithastolookpretty:Stealth Empire:Pharynx:  

Using your imperial character as a pawn, he takes away HK-47, Revan's faithful combat droid companion, to be reprogrammed to serve :unamused:Emperor:unamused: Malgus and battle you.  

And you have to :awed:permanently destroy :(HK-47.  

I read somewhere that you :huh:have the option to propel him off a bridge:oh_golly: in a climatic fight against him.  

Justice Served:mlp_yeehaa:

Except it does no good:yeahno: as he comes back from the dead:lostit: with very tech mounted armor on Ossus during the Onslaught expansion.  

Not helped that he has :stressed:another :angry:manipulative plan:angry: against you.  

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning

• 2 weeks later...

With Jedi I won't be too original and say my favourite is Luke Skywalker.

Reason is - he shares my idealism. Luke had a mentality of not giving up even on those that were condemned by others. He was brave (even if at times a bit reckless and his idealism was almost his undoing at one point). Fun fact is - he actually shares my personally type, which is INFP. 

Luke's fight against Vader in Return of the jedi is still one of my favourites, not so much for choreography, but for how emotional it was. 

Sith lord is a tough one as obviously I am not too much into sith lords, but I suppose the one I enjoyed the most was Darth Malgus. 

The reason is - despite being a sith he was more of an honorable kind. He saw serious flaws in sith order structures and understood how "spiecism" in sith ranks was effectively undermining the empire. He was above putting down defenseless opponets, I know of at least one case where he spared the jedi he fought against and only continued the duel in the future when said jedi was armed. While he still has plenty of sith traits that I universally dislike - he had enough integrity to earn my respect. 

That's an incredible explanation of Darth Malgus @Sir Hugsalot:squee: 

Didn't Malgus also have novels that were released alongside Old Republic (2011)?  Does the info here on him involve the game's 3-chapter arc? 

I wonder if any the info you posted on him involved spoiler convenient stuff when he returned in the "Jedi Under Siege" chapter where you travel to Ossus.  

Does this cover ground on Onslaught and Legacy of the Sith?  

Kinda sad:( you didn't post info about Darth Marr or those other :sunny:Sith Lords on the Dark Council.  

On 2023-04-01 at 6:44 PM, Sunny and Izzy Man said:

Favourite Jedi would be Starkiller

Wasn't he sith? I thought he was Vader's apprentice.

I know he was in a game and then a couple of books I haven't read yet. 

1 hour ago, Fluttershutter said:

Wasn't he sith? I thought he was Vader's apprentice.

I know he was in a game and then a couple of books I haven't read yet. 

In the game, you make him Jedi or Sith, that why I think him as Jedi, as made me turn against his appprentice.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

That's an incredible explanation of Darth Malgus @Sir Hugsalot:squee: 

Didn't Malgus also have novels that were released alongside Old Republic (2011)?  Does the info here on him involve the game's 3-chapter arc? 

I wonder if any the info you posted on him involved spoiler convenient stuff when he returned in the "Jedi Under Siege" chapter where you travel to Ossus.  

Does this cover ground on Onslaught and Legacy of the Sith?  

Kinda sad:( you didn't post info about Darth Marr or those other :sunny:Sith Lords on the Dark Council.  

I happily would cover other sith lords or jedi (looking at You, Satele Shan or Obi Wan), but thread limits me to only one :derp: I have to admit I haven't been involved with Malgus's storyline that comes after the flashpoint that was released in... 2012, if I remember right. All I know is that he turns out to have survived after that. 

My info was more of a... general information so to say to not dump entire lore into the post. I pretty much focused on why is he my favourite :grin:

• 6 months later...

Jedi: Ashoka (inb4 “she is no Jedi”).

Sith: Darth Maul. Clone Wars and Rebels did so much to elevate his character. He goes from a cool but underwhelming villain in episode 1 to a straight up tragic, well developed overall character.