Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion Thread

Colon Leftbracket

I find your lack of an Old Republic Discussion Thread disturbing!So I made one. Basically making a thread to find some ponies who (like me) are looking forward to Bioware's Star Wars The Old Republic MMO due out December 20th.So discuss away on topics like what class you want to roll, features you like/dislike, Old Republic era lore, form a guild, recruit for your guild, and anything else related to the game.I'll start.Class: I'm having a hard time deciding on that. I wanted to play a Sith Inquisitor, but in the trailers they seem way too lightning happy and boring so on the Sith side I'm going Imperial Agent since they seem the most unpopular.On the republic side my Rep Main will probably be a Smuggler though I want to experiment on the Jedi Consular/Shadow class to make some sort of self healing tank.I don't have any guild yet so if anyone's interested I'd like to join a guild that enjoys Role Play as well as some PvE!

Edited by Artemis
Added tags.

• 1 month later...

Tools to improve your gameplay;

www.torhead.com
This is by far the most commonly known one. It's similar to wowhead and is produced and developed by ZAM, same people that developed the world-known wowhead.
It is still under Beta, but you can find most things on here to suit your needs such as; Talent Calculator, item/quest-search and whatnot.

www.swtorface.com/p/swtor-companion-list.html
You ever wondered just what exactly your companions like/dislike? This is the place to check out. It will give you all the information you need regarding your current and future companions. Use it in good health.

www.thetorrific.com
This website is a fan-made one that aims at delivering Podcasts and Livestreams. I am yet to check out their content but will report back and edit once that is done.

Trivia;

As I've played through there is one thing in particular that I found to be to my benefit. I'm certain many have already found it out, but Slicing (gathering skill) is currently overpowered and yields great amounts of credits at mid-level (140-240 skill level). It will be subject to a nerf in the future and as such I recommend you to pick it up as soon as possible in order to gain a neat head start in your wallet.

Me and my server;

I am currently playing as a Human Marauder at the level of 13 (I should land around 20 by the end of today), however my former Mane Character (seewatididthar?) is a level 31 Human Operative.
I'm currently playing on the European server Sith'Ari but would love to know what servers you guys play on!

I encourage all SW:ToR players to post their tricks and tips in this thread so we can pile it together for future (brony) players. I'd also love to see what server/class/level everyone's at!

May the force serve you well, Bronies.

Edited by Artemis
Removed unnecessary statements due to a thread merger.

N/A                                                                                      

Edited by Guest

Hey everypony! As many of you probably know I'm a gamer. And I've been paving the road with a number of my friends diving into the new MMO of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The other day I finally got my Legacy name for my character, finishing the first chapter of the game. With the addition of my legacy name, my character is now complete. All I need is a cutie mark to go with it, or an outfit that looks better. *sigh* But suffice it to say, the game just got 20% cooler. B)

View image full for best detail. Go to it and click Large. :)

Edited by Tyroq

Rainbow Dash the Honorable.

The name isn't bad itself, of course, it has the name "Rainbow Dash" in it. But to make it 20% cooler, you got to have the word "Awesome" in it.

Edited by Tyger

So get it and join me! My guild could use some more bronies. There's only one other fellow there besides myself who shares the love for the ponieees. And in a guild of 100+ it makes me feel a little lonely. :(

I saw my friend play the beta and I thought it looked pretty good, I might give it a try.

Only problem is I know nothing about Star Wars lore and it seems like quite a big part of the game.

So get it and join me! My guild could use some more bronies. There's only one other fellow there besides myself who shares the love for the ponieees. And in a guild of 100+ it makes me feel a little lonely. :(

I would join your guild!

I... just don't really know how.

I have SWTOR and I'm enjoying it so much! (Currently working on a level 32 Imperial Sniper and a level 7 Jedi Knight)

Though I am new to MMOs.. sorta. At least new to Guilds and such so I am not sure how to join guilds.

I'm guessing I'd have to make an alt in whatever server your guild is in. (I'm currently in The Ebon Hawk and The Deadweight servers). Other than that I am not sure on what to do.

I would join your guild!

I... just don't really know how.

I have SWTOR and I'm enjoying it so much! (Currently working on a level 32 Imperial Sniper and a level 7 Jedi Knight)

Though I am new to MMOs.. sorta. At least new to Guilds and such so I am not sure how to join guilds.

I'm guessing I'd have to make an alt in whatever server your guild is in. (I'm currently in The Ebon Hawk and The Deadweight servers). Other than that I am not sure on what to do.

Well, guilds are a key feature for most MMOs. They provide a common chat channel for all members to use to talk to each other, making FPs and Ops much easier to organize. Most guilds also provide a common bank for members to deposit items that they can share. TOR does not yet have that feature, but the developers said they plan on adding it in a future patch. So guilds are very awesome to be a part of, you'll find your gaming experience to be a lot more fun. In fact, you could say the fun will be doubled! :lol:

If you would like to be a part of my guild (we now have 3 confirmed bronies! My own is Rainbow Dash, another is Derpy, and we have a Twilight Sparkle. :D ) start a character on the server Begeren Colony, Republic side. Post here with your character name and I'll be sure you get an invite. I'm a founding member of the guild and an officer, so I have some good influence. :)

(edited)

Well, guilds are a key feature for most MMOs. They provide a common chat channel for all members to use to talk to each other, making FPs and Ops much easier to organize. Most guilds also provide a common bank for members to deposit items that they can share. TOR does not yet have that feature, but the developers said they plan on adding it in a future patch. So guilds are very awesome to be a part of, you'll find your gaming experience to be a lot more fun. In fact, you could say the fun will be doubled! :lol:

If you would like to be a part of my guild (we now have 3 confirmed bronies! My own is Rainbow Dash, another is Derpy, and we have a Twilight Sparkle. :D ) start a character on the server Begeren Colony, Republic side. Post here with your character name and I'll be sure you get an invite. I'm a founding member of the guild and an officer, so I have some good influence. :)

I already knew WHAT guilds are, just never go into an MMO enough to really join a Guild! But thanks for the description anyway.

Alright I'll make an alt on that server this weekend. Not sure on what class, I seem to be good with Imperial Agent so I'll probably go Smuggler though if your Guild is low on a specific role then I'd be happy to fill that gap.

EDIT: Well it seems your Guild is in need of Scootaloo! My new Smuggler alt on Begeren Colony is Lil-Scootaloo. I was going to go for a Mane 6 pony, but I couldn't find one that matched the Smuggler correctly, besides Applejack which (no offense to Applejack) I didn't want to roll an Applejack named character.

Unfortunately some one already grabbed Scootaloo's name so I had to modify it, but it's alright. Not sure how I'm going to build Scootaloo yet. I already went Sniper so I should go Scoundrel for a change of pace so I don't get bored.

Anyway feel free to add me as a friend and what not. I'm still stuck on Ord Mantell so it will be a little while for me to move freely where ever I want to.

Edited by Colton Manestache

Haha, an awesome game indeed!

Got a Pon... i mean a character namned after Rarity ;)

Is the name specifically Rarity? I'll add you.

EDIT: Well it seems your Guild is in need of Scootaloo! My new Smuggler alt on Begeren Colony is Lil-Scootaloo... Unfortunately some one already grabbed Scootaloo's name so I had to modify it, but it's alright. Not sure how I'm going to build Scootaloo yet. I already went Sniper so I should go Scoundrel for a change of pace so I don't get bored.

Anyway feel free to add me as a friend and what not. I'm still stuck on Ord Mantell so it will be a little while for me to move freely where ever I want to.

I'll add you too. Sorry I didn't come back sooner, but edits don't give notifications so I didn't know there had been any activity here recently. :blush:

Is the name specifically Rarity? I'll add you. I'll add you too. Sorry I didn't come back sooner, but edits don't give notifications so I didn't know there had been any activity here recently. :blush:

Rarrity i belive its called. However, i play on the EU servers.

Rarrity i belive its called. However, i play on the EU servers.

Ah, thought you meant you rolled one on mine. Ok. Well if you ever decide to send alts my way you can be sure you'll have a friendly home. :)

Is the name specifically Rarity? I'll add you.

I'll add you too. Sorry I didn't come back sooner, but edits don't give notifications so I didn't know there had been any activity here recently. :blush:

Don't worry! Haven't worked on the character actually since the post anyway. I've been juggling things lately but I'll make sure to put some time aside for SWTOR here soon!

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Just got the game about two days ago, as it was for free2play on Origin. Pretty fun IMO, though the camera is super annoying and can cause fatalities. Also if you can't tell from the OP this game can be a bit confusing at first, but fun.

EDIT: Months later, I find the game to rather be even more fun than it was starting out. I have a Jedi Sent. and a Sith bounty hunter. Both are fun to play, though I prefer my jedi :P

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

I found this game to be rather enjoyable for the first few hours, then you realize that every planet is the same, the same damn quests just re-skinned. You're fortunate that you don't have to pay for this, i pre-ordered the collectors edition and pre-paid 3 months of subscription  it cost me roughly £70 for a game that i played for no more than 10 hours, it blows.

I am trying to play every class in that game as a subscriber (wouldn't able to do it otherwise). The one thing I enjoy in that game is the class quests... which is at least one step down from personal story quests like in Guild Wars 2 where you at least can choose your path, how to proceed with the game. I currently have 5 characters in it: Jedi Knight (tank), Jedi Consular (healer), Sith Warrior (dps), Sith Inquisitor (healer) and Imperial Agent (dps, current one). All except one are max levelled. 

The game is still quite young IMO so it can still get better. I mean even now there's an expansion coming in with a new planet Makeb and level cap rising from level 50 to level 55. The downside to this in turn is that you have to pay for that expansion (it is optional of course so you're not forced to buy it unless you want to), but the really annoying thing that I have with this is that the expansion can only be bought digitally which is bad for me as I have no means to buy anything digitally and I really mean no way. I can't use PayPal and such. Plus I don't trust anything that involved credit cards (in case you're wondering, I'm using game time cards to stay subscribed).

How many people here play it? If enough of you do, it would give me an excuse to get back into it. I'd feel weird playing an MMO with no friends.