Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rant warning: Spike's real parents not fakes

Whirlwindmark

What if Spike had the chance to reunite with his real parents, his real family, his blood, not some fake family like Twilight's(they are not family, just keepers, just ponies)

I'm sick of people saying they want Spike to call Twilight "mom". She's not his mom, she's not his sister, she's just his friend and boss, nothing more. Family is blood, his mom is the one who gave birth to him not some student looking to pass an over privileged exam. Yes, I'm sorry, but I will not let this slide, Spike's egg was seen as a thing a test.

If Spike found his mother alive and caring and had the choice to forget the past and start a new life, he would take it.  

Spike deserves a true family, not some fake one. Yeah. I've never liked Twilight. She seems like an over privileged child. 

22 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

What if Spike had the chance to reunite with his real parents, his real family, his blood, not some fake family like Twilight's(they are not family, just keepers, just ponies)

I'm sick of people saying they want Spike to call Twilight "mom". She's not his mom, she's not his sister, she's just his friend and boss, nothing more. Family is blood, his mom is the one who gave birth to him not some student looking to pass an over privileged exam. Yes, I'm sorry, but I will not let this slide, Spike's egg was seen as a thing a test.

If Spike found his mother alive and caring and had the choice to forget the past and start a new life, he would take it.  

Spike deserves a true family, not some fake one. Yeah. I've never liked Twilight. She seems like an over privileged child. 

What? First of all, no one privileged has to go through all Twilight did in her life.

But more importantly, Family is not just blood, it is the people you come to know and help forge who you are, the ones who raise you, Spikes mom could be an awful dragon or a sweet one, it doesn't matter, your are basically saying adopted kids shouldn't call the ones who adopted them mom or dad.

Twilight raised Spike, taught him a lot, and very clearly loves him. Spike has been there for Twilight, helped her, and clearly loves her, it is a very strong family dynamic they share, while I don't want Spike to call her mom just because it wouldn't feel natural, but as Twilight said in a recent episode "you are just as much a part of my family as anypony."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

What? First of all, no one privileged has to go through all Twilight did in her life.

But more importantly, Family is not just blood, it is the people you come to know and help forge who you are, the ones who raise you, Spikes mom could be an awful dragon or a sweet one, it doesn't matter, your are basically saying adopted kids shouldn't call the ones who adopted them mom or dad.

Twilight raised Spike, taught him a lot, and very clearly loves him. Spike has been there for Twilight, helped her, and clearly loves her, it is a very strong family dynamic they share, while I don't want Spike to call her mom just because it wouldn't feel natural, but as Twilight said in a recent episode "you are just as much a part of my family as anypony."

Since no pony has lost their parents as I've seen. Heck Applejacks parents might still live. Making Spike the only orphan is garbage. So yes. Family is blood, not some fake family he has. And he's a pet not a member. He's a dragon not a pony. He deserves better then some over privileged princess. 

If he had the chance. He should try to reunite with a family member.

And yes, "Your not my mom" is what Spike said.

Am I saying adopted kids should not call there adopted parents moms/dads....yep.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Since no pony has lost their parents as I've seen. Heck Applejacks parents might still live. Making Spike the only orphan is garbage. So yes. Family is blood, not some fake family he has. And he's a pet not a member. He's a dragon not a pony.

Your parents don't have to be dead for someone to be adopted, most kids are in adoption agencies because there parents willingly gave them up. Also, how can you have watched the show for so long and actually say that Spike is a pet. Like how? I can't even comprehend that, he has taught Twilight and she has taught him, he has been a voice of reason for her and helped her snap out of a trance, he is her FAMILY. They have lived together for Spikes entire life and she raised him and he is accepted completely in pony culture as a person, ponies literally treat him like another pony. While the title is silly he is technically a friendship ambassador to the dragons and the changelings as well, "pets" don't get that treatment.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Your parents don't have to be dead for someone to be adopted, most kids are in adoption agencies because there parents willingly gave them up. Also, how can you have watched the show for so long and actually say that Spike is a pet. Like how? I can't even comprehend that, he has taught Twilight and she has taught him, he has been a voice of reason for her and helped her snap out of a trance, he is her FAMILY. They have lived together for Spikes entire life and she raised him and he is accepted completely in pony culture as a person, ponies literally treat him like another pony. While the title is silly he is technically a friendship ambassador to the dragons and the changelings as well, "pets" don't get that treatment.

Equestria Girls. End of story.

as for the orphan thing. This is why it should be illegal for people to breed without taking a test.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Equestria Girls. End of story.

What. the. hell. does that have to do with anything? Even in Equestria Girls he was never treated as a pet. So you Think all dragons are like that? I guess Torch is just a dumb dog because EQG says so. I guess DRAGON LORD EMBER is just a stray dog because EQG would say so.

Seriously why are you being so dense to try and even say that Spike is a pet to Twilight he isn't.

End of Story.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

What. the. hell. does that have to do with anything? Even in Equestria Girls he was never treated as a pet. So you Think all dragons are like that? I guess Torch is just a dumb dog because EQG says so. I guess DRAGON LORD EMBER is just a stray dog because EQG would say so.

Seriously why are you being so dense to try and even say that Spike is a pet to Twilight he isn't.

End of Story.

Yes she is a stray dog or wolf. Besides, Tara Strong said he was and so did Meghan

Edited by Whirlwindmark

13 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Yes she is a stray dog or wolf. Besides, Tara Strong said he was and so did Meghan

Spike

is

not

pet

I would love a source, but what they say and what happens in the show is different

"You're more than friends, you're my family" is what Spike said in season 2.

Honestly, you are too dense for me to bother continuing this, have a good one.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Spike

is

not

pet

I would love a source, but what they say and what happens in the show is different

"You're more than friends, you're my family" is what Spike said in season 2.

Honestly, you are too dense for me to bother continuing this, have a good one.

Pet.

boom, also, roasted him good didn't I? He ain't her family.

meghans word is law. So Ka-boom.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Twilight is great family to him! But is she the ONLY family he has? Can't Starlight be his family too since she has no confirmed family? Yeah if we're to feel bad for anyone feel bad for Starlight! 

We're fine with discussion; however as this looks to be causing a ruckus it will be locked. When making a discussion, please don't act like the 'king of the mountain' and refuse to accept other ideas.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 7

• The topic was locked